Pages:
Author

Topic: Can too many Altcoin's can become a threat to bitcoin's existence - page 13. (Read 2584 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I don't think so. Altcoins are far from being a threat to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. Of course, I don't mean that the first will always win, but Bitcoin is the most reliable and best functions compared to the other cryptocurrencies. There are some Altcoins thet are pretty good but most of Altcoins are useless.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
    More and more ICO projects are coming based on many major currencies and specially in this year the trend increased rapidly with many reputed organizations that are in various industries and trades decided to start there own digital currency to make there business more effective and efficient in order to gain more profit.
    Can these new launching Altcoin's make a negative impact on bitcoin's expansion in the future because we all know in order to increase the demand, usability and accessibility of bitcoin it should be widely use in most business areas but if Altcoin's take these opportunities how it can achieve its vision to become a widely used digital currency
So far there are only several altcoins that are accepted by some businesses together with btc - ethereum, litecoin and maybe another couple I've never seen.
In this way, I can see no reason for bitcoin to be replaced by other alts in the nearest couple of years unless these projects launch their mainnets or ready products.
We should also keep in mind that acceptance of a new method of payment could take months (not to say years), so btc will be "the king of jungle" for yet quite a long time.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
It is been almost ten years in existence in the crypto world but the bitcoin is still dominating no matter how many of altcoins will rival the bitcoin's supremacy in the crypto market, as of today there are many altcoins that offer the best feature of what the bitcoin is lacking of but still crypto investors and enthusiast continue to patronize bitcoin. The more altcoins exist the more trading pair opportunity will be for alts-btc coin trading. The more the merrier.
Bitcoin, while it has a lot of close competition from other altcoins is still the leader of the pack. A few altcoins that are popular in the cryptocurrency market are Ether (Ethereum), Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, Feathercoin, Zetacoin, Novacoin, etc. Ethereum and Litecoin are seen as Bitcoin’s closest competitors.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
I don't agree with you. I think Altcoin can not harm to Bitcoin and threat to bitcoin's existence because If bitcoin die, i think altcoin will also die
Exactly the point, bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency and I believe all other altcoins are learning from the success story of bitcoin. The altcoins can't do without bitcoin. The altcoins are only following the success story of bitcoin, this is the real issue on the ground hence bitcoin has no competition.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
I think there are many more altcoins. It can not affect bitcoin but vice versa will make the bitcoin price increase stronger. All altcoin values ​​depend on bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
It is been almost ten years in existence in the crypto world but the bitcoin is still dominating no matter how many of altcoins will rival the bitcoin's supremacy in the crypto market, as of today there are many altcoins that offer the best feature of what the bitcoin is lacking of but still crypto investors and enthusiast continue to patronize bitcoin. The more altcoins exist the more trading pair opportunity will be for alts-btc coin trading. The more the merrier.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
the bitcoin is not how it can not affect at least because most of the new altcoys are tied to the ether air, too, or how it does not harm just the time will come when many companies will cease to exist this is distressing but this can not be avoided anywhere
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
There is actually nothing to worry about the huge number of altcoins emerging in the crypto-currencies trading market, I believe experienced traders would still prefer to focus their trades on bitcoin in the trading market as the demand for bitcoin is obviously much more stable than most altcoins, there is even a lot of bitcoins ATMs around the world, and this is definitely a good sign to indicate that there is huge demands for bitcoin as compared to altcoins.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Negative impact is if the number of scam ICOs grow, bitcoin will be affected. The newbies and people who don't understand crypto's will likely to point out the blame to bitcoin and will call it as a scam in general.
Activity: 35
I don't agree with you. I think Altcoin can not harm to Bitcoin and threat to bitcoin's existence because If bitcoin die, i think altcoin will also die
Activity: 200
the negative impact of many ico projects alone is that there are more scam and unsuccessful projecks, I think bitcoin is still the best and will continue to be used
Bitcoin is always the best and even new coins had been created it will never affect the existence of bitcoin because it is the foundation and most popular among any other coin which can everyone can trust. Too many altcoin is not a hindrance for bitcoin to make it grow.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project
Because too many projects are adopting blockchain technology, it will provide a gap for people who have evil intentions. And finally, it will indirectly slow down the expansion of bitcoin. But I believe, when everything is ripe. Nobody will be able to prevent, the expansion of bitcoin on a large scale  Smiley
Activity: 67
    More and more ICO projects are coming based on many major currencies and specially in this year the trend increased rapidly with many reputed organizations that are in various industries and trades decided to start there own digital currency to make there business more effective and efficient in order to gain more profit.
    Can these new launching Altcoin's make a negative impact on bitcoin's expansion in the future because we all know in order to increase the demand, usability and accessibility of bitcoin it should be widely use in most business areas but if Altcoin's take these opportunities how it can achieve its vision to become a widely used digital currency
i dont think so , they can't harm bitcoin it still have lot of space to capture the market .
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
For me YES, specially those altcoins that are scam, that is really big impact to Bitcoin, not only to bitcoin but also for the crypto community, but it's there's also a good side of having lot of altcoins, because it will help the adaption of the crpypto, so overall, it's all okay.
Activity: 205
Like any other crypto currency, bitcoin needs to constantly improve and be competitive, otherwise sooner or later it will lose its place as the leader of the crypto currency. In general, the presence of a large number of varieties of altcoyins is not a threat to its existence. On the contrary, such a large number of diverse and promising coins and tokens attracts people's attention to crypto currency and bitcoin from this only wins as its leader.

IT is true if bitcoin to survive in the future it needs to be improve both technically and financially because most new digital currencies that are coming to the market are equipped and build with advanced feature and methods so if bitcoin to compete with them its definitely has to improve than today because it is possible at least a considerable amount of users will move on to altcoins from bitcoin if this wont happen because even bitcoin is very demanding the usability and convenience that other currencies can provide will attract more users. 
Activity: 27
Altcoin being a risk to bitcoin is only an eager move of each altcoin just like all envisioning that one day they will be to finish everything. In any case, nobody will and ever supplant on where bitcoin is. The way that even a great deal of bitcoin fork coins were conceived, attempting to emulate what bitcoin had, they even won't contact the base of bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Like any other crypto currency, bitcoin needs to constantly improve and be competitive, otherwise sooner or later it will lose its place as the leader of the crypto currency. In general, the presence of a large number of varieties of altcoyins is not a threat to its existence. On the contrary, such a large number of diverse and promising coins and tokens attracts people's attention to crypto currency and bitcoin from this only wins as its leader.
Activity: 69
Unlikely altcoins can affect the market now, Bitcoin is overwhelming but in the future it should be the case, so many projects and ideas, at least several of them will be successful and influential
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Bitcoin cannot be threaten of any altcoin in the market, because all of the altcoins are depending in bitcoin,  maybe there are some altcoin has more updated and good features than bitcoin but it is not mean that it can be threat. Bitcoin is bitcoin and altcoin is just an altcoin there is no being changes about that.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
There is possibility that it might happen in the future that Bitcoin might superseded by Altcoin but the question is when? This is possible like if all big whales will unite in conspiracy to dump the Bitcoin currency in the future and then they will pump like the Ethereum to succeed so everything is theoritically possible but not very likely to happen.
nothing is impossible but the possibility is narrow and very tough. the reason is because non of the altcoin which is the subject of the matter is more accepted as a medium of payment than bitcoin. in fact some people do think bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency because that is the only crypto they have heard often and on. this is so because it is the oldest crypto and alot of services have been rendered using it. even only few ICO today do not use BTC as payment option.
Pages:
Jump to: