Pages:
Author

Topic: Can You Memorize Your Recovery Phrase? - page 11. (Read 2022 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1359
June 14, 2024, 03:37:26 PM
Would you try?
What are the benefits? ... and the setbacks.

No, I wouldnt try it, and I don't see any benefits.  Memorizing your seed is risky because people forget stuff all the time.  Like sure, some folks have great memories, but most of us will probably mess it up eventually.  Instead, I would suggest writing it down and keeping it locked away somewhere secure.  That way its there if you need it.  But hey if you wanna try using a brain wallet for fun, go for it! Just maybe dont put all your life savings in there if you know your memory isnt perfect.  I mean, losing access to your funds would be a major bummer, dont you think?
Activity: 644
Merit: 421
Hope Jeremiah 17vs7
June 14, 2024, 03:32:44 PM
Would you try?
Our Memory on thus can't be trusted, us either we forget some part or the arrangements in the long run.

I don't see anything benefit of it, writing offline private key/seed phrase is much better, if you think it's not safe in your place, you can add a passphrase which will make it possible that even if someone get your recovery phrase, they still can't access your coins except they also get your passphrase.
Though you can also try wallet encryption.
Activity: 102
Merit: 21
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 14, 2024, 03:27:30 PM
How about trying to memorize it? Is it possible?
It’s possible to memorize it but it’s definitely not the best thing to do. If it was safe to memorize recovery phrases then the wallet developers should have suggested it among the safest ways to store your phrases. I would suggest you not to try it because missing a word will put your entire assets at risk.

Would you try?
Of course not, i am not so good at memorizing things because i don’t have a retentive memory.
Activity: 196
Merit: 200
A Full Member who wants to become a ₿ maxi
June 14, 2024, 03:19:53 PM
[...] How about trying to memorize it? Is it possible?

Would you try?

This is known as Brain Wallet [1], which uses the method of memorizing phrases and it is possible to do it as long as your memory is strong. For me, i would never use it because i realize that i have a lot more to remember than just phrases.

The benefits? of course only you know this phrase, better than any wallet.

[1] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Brainwallet
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
June 14, 2024, 03:16:01 PM
Its very risky and not advisible to memorize your seed as the human memory might fail and you may end up losing your access to your fund. It's better to write it down and store in a safe places then if you so wish to use a brain wallet, then you just do it for the fun of it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 284
June 14, 2024, 03:07:50 PM
Definitely it's possible to memorize it which can be easier if it's 12 words and the difficulty increases according to the length of your seed, but how long you can remember it varies and if I were you I won't put my money on my memory over simply writing it on a paper.

Benefits : No one can access it

Negative: Even you can forget it and if you don't have backup then you lost your wallet forever.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
June 14, 2024, 03:03:19 PM
Just remembered that I have written the recovery seed phrase of my Electrum on a piece of paper somewhere in my place. I'm wondering what could go wrong since my place isn't too secured.  How about trying to memorize it? Is it possible?

Would you try?
Pages:
Jump to: