Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 13. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I cannot I agree with the mission that Bitcoin had to become the world best global currency but it haven't happen yet and even it is to happen Bitcoin needs a demanding and valuable place in the world and that has given by investors during past years and that is the reason even Bitcoin got it's attention in the world so It is a currency but it is a great investment too   
Activity: 668
Merit: 100
DogData
many people have mentioned bitcoin for too long as an investment. because the proof is that bitcoin is an investment. so it's hard to change it all. moreover at this time the bitcoin investment is quite a lot, and it's all up to us personally, whether they want to consider bitcoin as an investment or not.
Activity: 395
Merit: 10
Unfortunately, for me bitcoin is only an investment. There are several reasons for this. The main thing-I do not want to spend what will bring me much more income in the future.
Activity: 122
I see where OP is coming from, and I believe most of OP's statement is true to a certain extent.
My understanding is that Bitcoin was designed to take control of the coinage away from the governments and their agencies (central banks) and avoid the wealth of the mass public from being diluted by the endless inflation.  From this perspective, Bitcoin was not meant to be an investment, but the currency under anarchism.

On the other hand, since we are now in a digital age, Bitcoin, instead of gold,  seems more suitable to act as a robust store of value.
Since the value of the Bitcoin has been increased exponentially over the years, people would inevitably have an expectation that the value of the Bitcoin would continuously increase, which probably be true considering the nature of the Bitcoin - finite total supply, new coins creation halves every 4 years, v.s. the increased demand when it gets more interests and visibility from the public, the institutional investors and also an increased user base. From this point of view, it is not surprising that people would consider this as a high risk, high reward investment.
Activity: 142
Merit: 1
You are so right, this fallacy is what has brought us into this red days that we see in crypto right now, most people are hodling, instead of using their tokens. Why because they see it as investment when they bought it, hoping and waiting for it to rise in price before they sell  Cry
Activity: 15
It is true that through bitcoin, you can learn about it, understand it, but in my opinion, bitcoin is really an investment, you can buy, exchange, can use bitcoin to participate. Enter the ICO of the project you think is potential, and can store the same as gold reserves. It can help you make more money, and it can also cost you money, but some people will invest based on experience as well as knowledge, not a kind of gambling. Because profit comes with risk. With the above, is not it really an investment?
Activity: 72
Agree with you even the Bitcoins build intention was tu use as a currency now people uses Bitcoin to gain profits by investing in it so the main purpose it was build has been failed and that is a main reason that Bitcoin will face huge problems because Bitcoin might get useless in the future   
copper member
Activity: 238
No you can not stop calling bitcoin as an investment.because bitcoin is king for all coins.if you are actually looking for a strong investment like bitcoin.many people used bitcoin accrual.obiusly bitcoin is No.1 investment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
No i can't stop calling Bitcoin an investment because it is. Yes it's the new world currency too and will replace with paper money soon, but many people invest and trade and try to make money. I am very lucky that i am not the buyer who bought bitcoin from $20.000!  
Activity: 61
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

I believe that the reason why people used to be into something is because it turns out to be a norm. Nowadays, we choose to set out amd call out bitcoin as an investment since we are, or some, are practically preferring to invest in bitcoin rather than in fiat and I guess there is no wrong to call it out also as an investment.

I believe so as well. People in the modern world can easily call something a something. To them, bitcoin may be an asset, an investment, or others may say something can give you profit or even some kind of a business, and that's how the people nowadays accepted it. Whatever it is, I consider Bitcoin as an investment.
Activity: 136
I don't understand what you mean?
why do you have to say that and tell us about bitcoin. You hate bitcoin, because bitcoin goes down. Not all coins have to go uphill and there must be a time to go down too, but if you believe in bitcoin. Bitcoin will definitely rise again, because bitcoin is a long-term investment
Activity: 134
bitcoin is always called investment, why should stop calling bitcoin investment? Obviously, bitcoin is the number 1 investment in the cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 336
In todays world everyone is accepting bitcoin as Investment only...They are accepting it for making profit only and nothing else ..So everyone is calling it Investment...its currency for us...But these people are greedy enough to think that only making profit is everything.
Activity: 53
I think investment in bitcoins will never stop Today the bitcoin is so popular that Everybody wants to invest
Activity: 324
Merit: 100
Limited supply and distribution lead to the similarity of gold. It is not difficult to see the similarity of something that has been used as a currency as an asset and as an investment. I wonder what would you call a bitcoin? A currency? I do not think it matches Bitcoin

maybe bitcoin is an alternative investment, it could be a gold investment or other companion. because the presence of bitcoin is enough to make the eyes of the world turn to him.
Activity: 56

BITCOIN IS NOT AN INVESTMENT TOOL, IT IS AN ASSET WHICH INVESTMENT TOOL SUCH AS OUR NORMAL CURRENCY SUCH AS FIAT IS USED TO TRADE IT.... PEOPLE SHOULD JUST ASSET THAT FACT, HOW CAN YOU CALL SONMETHING WHICH DOES NOT AS A FIXED PRICE AND HIGHLY VOLATILE JUST A CURRENCY
Activity: 140
More than 95% of people are using it as an investment from the beginning and will continue to do so. It is an investment and will always remain one. There might be some secondary uses too though.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Of a truth. Bitcoin may not be created to be an investment but it serves as an investment for many, even an investment to me, where I invested my energy, money (data)and time to have a reward. The token (reward) could be kept to increase over a certain period of time.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Nope. Bitcoin was always intended to be an investment asset, with secondary purposes such as usage as a currency and as anonymous payment methods. But its primary purpose is for investment.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
"Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...  The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they? Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment."

---> Could it be that all miners and stake-holders call it investment not mistakenly but profoundly a general term for having monetary keeping.
Pages:
Jump to: