Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 14. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Bitcoin may be an investment for us if you Bitcoin is increasingly used for Internet-based transactions and we see businesses starting to accept Bitcoin payments.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Starting a deposit into cryptocurrency is always scary at the beginning but when your investment materialized it's enjoyable, if you are actually looking for a good investment like bitcoin,now is the best time to invest and wait for at lest two years and see the gain from such investsment activity.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
some bitcoin characters are limited supply, where there will only be 21 million Bitcoin spread throughout the world, not created by the Central Bank / government, but by a party whose real identity is unknown, not produced or controlled by an individual, group or company. The above characteristics prove that in addition to its digital form, Bitcoin is more or less similar to gold where we all know that gold can be invested.
Activity: 182
In my own opinion, bitcoin would always be regarded as an investment. Many people enjoyed bitcoin growth as at last year and this increased the value of their portfolio significantly. In this regard, bitcoin is an investment in my own opinion as anything that gains and loses is an asset and as well regarded as an investment
Activity: 75
It is an ivenstment whether you like it or not. When you pay for an idea, technology etc. it's an investment.
Activity: 66
Especially last year when it cost $ 20,000. People put their money hoping to get rich. New entrants will think that this is a place for a better economy, so they will think to invest it. The biggest benefit of Bitcoin is the profit it brings
Activity: 295
Merit: 1
I don't think so, because the word "investment" for bitcoin is so embedded in everyone's mind, look at the market everyone is competing to buy bitcoin when prices are falling and selling when prices rise, this is not much different from investment.
Activity: 224
No you cannot stop calling the Bitcoin as an investment because an investment is the action or process of investing money for profit or material result. So the Bitcoin is an investment, in bitcoin you buy it with your fiat money and you wait for your profit.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
For me I cannot stop it because I consider bitcoin as an investments I am sure more people with agree with me. Bitcoin is an investment that could help us financial specially if our investments gain enough profit.
Activity: 345

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

I believe that the reason why people used to be into something is because it turns out to be a norm. Nowadays, we choose to set out amd call out bitcoin as an investment since we are, or some, are practically preferring to invest in bitcoin rather than in fiat and I guess there is no wrong to call it out also as an investment.
Activity: 112
The real purpose of bitcoin is to be an alternative payment of every transaction used by humans. But there are some people who are able to think critically to take advantage of the weakness of bitcoin to make a profit as big as. Like the fluctuating price

It's an investment opportunity because of fluctuating price of bitcoin will be the choice of every traders to seek profits on a large scale.
Activity: 490
I agree with you but what are we now going to call it if its not an investment, me believe anything we put our money into and yield return is called investment.
t's true that whatever we store in the form of bitcoin we usually call investment, and we store bitcoin with the aim of storing it for a long time and having a huge advantage of bitcoin investment.
Activity: 50
the reality now is indeed like that, a lot of people come in and buy bitcoin as their investment assets like property and gold, not as  digital currency.So it turns out that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency investment that is currently favored by many people and has a lot of trust and the price of bitcoin is still the highest among other crypto.
Activity: 98
Since bitcoin has failed in carrying out most functions that money performs....it is better off being an investment.
My opinion though.
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
Yes, it's a huge challenge, bitcoin is simply a currency, but people treat it like an investment.
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform

I think its okay to called bitcoin as a investment too, because in fact bitcoin is more popular and stable if we used it as a investment moreover if we use it as a long term investment.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

it was originally used as a currency since it is in the form of technology, we cannot avoid changes and developments.Since technology always changes, so is cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was primarily used as a currency but now, it is used in many other things.
If you put your money and wants it to grow, thats already a investment. Here in bitcoin we do the same thing, we want our money to grow, we will hold it and wait for the righ time to sell it, we want to gain profit, thats already a invesment. I cant stop calling bitcoin as a investment because i know its a kind of investment.
if you look at the meaning of investment in Wikipedia, that "investment is the term related to the accumulation of a form of assets with a hope of obtaining future benefits" True what you say that, bitcoin users invest their money in bitcoin and hope that the price of bitcoin will grow high in the future and get profit on there.
I'm still confused why users are prohibited from mentioning bitcoin as an investment? lol
Activity: 507
The virtual currency Bitcoin is anonymous, which means it is possible to invest in bitcoin without specifying any information about yourself. The decentralized nature of this currency means that there is no transfer commission, which can play a significant role for some investors in transactions with impressive amounts. Bitcoin is also limited in its quantity, but even after the release of all bitcoins, their value will not fall.
Activity: 523
Merit: 10
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/
Yes, bitcoin is basically only a currency that created by satoshi. I believe he want us to use bitcoin as a payment system.
but some peoples pumped the price of bitcoin, resulting bitcoin became an asset that have high value in the market.
Activity: 140
https://eloncity.io/
I agree with you but what are we now going to call it if its not an investment, me believe anything we put our money into and yield return is called investment.
Pages:
Jump to: