Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment? - page 5. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
I think no one can do that because since the beginning Bitcoin was created as currency and become alternative investments to earn more fiat and that is the reason of why we are here because we joint this currency so that we could earn too.The decentralized nature of this currency means that there is no transfer commission, which can play a significant role for some investors in transactions with impressive amounts. Bitcoin is also limited in its quantity, but even after the release of all bitcoins, their value will not fall.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
If you want me to, I can do that but from that I will stop to call bitcoin and Investment, it will not stop being that. Because people are concerning it to be an investment asset more than a currency right now.
It's easy to say that after more adoptions comes Bitcoin can be treated as currency more than an assets for investment, though majority of traders around keep making this system as an investment knowing that they've got a good chance multiplying their money whenever they are dealing with trades and make successful calls.
Activity: 53
Yes, we should rethink that most people just come to this market to speculate, not care about technology and community development.
Activity: 364
Merit: 37
Unless the crypto universe gets balanced in the normal economy, bitcoin will be an investment till then. Common man still dont know much details about crypto and see it as an opportunity to increase his wealth.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
If you want me to, I can do that but from that I will stop to call bitcoin and Investment, it will not stop being that. Because people are concerning it to be an investment asset more than a currency right now.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
No, bitcoin and altcoin are investments! Most people are buying and exchanging it for profit! Very less likely to use it as a means of payment!
Activity: 5
I think the fact that this forum exists, and the volume of investment-related discussions vs. non-investment related discussions demonstrates the % of the community who are viewing bitcoin as an investment.

The perceived value of anything will always come down to "what's in it for me". And most people understand the "what's in it for me" to be investment related.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I was also wondering why all this attack on Bitcoin and the altcoin? Your post is now pointing the light for me to see and find answer to my questions. It is very unfortunate that bitcoin holders are the major culprit of this offence. They are not exchanging their coins on P2P basis instead they are treating bitcoin as an investment by holding their coin and re sale it after the market price has appreciated. This is hoarding which is inimical to economics. If only we can go back to  the fundamentals of bitcoin it will be good for all and bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
Of course, bitcoin was created for a different purpose, but its volatility led to the fact that now it can be viewed as an investment. Today it costs $ 6000 and tomorrow $ 10,000 already. Is this not an investment?
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
Clearly people are using or buying bitcoin as an investment. Merely telling people to stop doing so is futile. It's just not going to happen. It's largely those who are treating is as so that are pushing the demand up for it. We should be thankful that people are choosing to invest in it because if it was merely a currency then the value of it would and should be more stable. If you personally want to just use it as a currency then you do your thing and that's fine, but we shouldn't try dictate to others what bitcoin is or isn't to them.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
Not, bitcoin is not an investment but bitcoin is one way how to increase our money by investment way, different way of investment kind like we make investment on property and we know how much profit we can take after one month or one years, but by investment on bitcoin we don’t know how much we can reached just one day or one year.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
The craze of Bitcoins that we can see today is just because of the investing and trading only... after the increase of price of Bitcoins in 2017 everybody try to invest and make a huge profit so there investing in Bitcoins and their calling Bitcoin investment only they are calling Bitcoins as investment because they are thinking that we already lost their Bitcoins now there is a chance of getting profit and like this.. so that they will not get any type of pain when they will really lose their Bitcoins so it's just calming their mind that between is just investment.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
The popularity and explosive growth of prices made bitcoin an attractive object for investment. However, the risks are great and therefore buying the most crypto currency on the stock exchange is not suitable for everyone.
well, of course it's very difficult to stop saying that. because at this time, bitcoin is famous for its function as an investment, and as a fast payment tool. well, that's the nature of this, and maybe it can't be stopped.
Activity: 164
Yes, I agree with you. Considering Bitcoin as an investment without developing and making use of its core value is the root of  money scamming and ban for governments. I don't disagree that Bitcoin is a good investment but it wasn't created for that purpose. I know that some regular currency like USD or Yuan are also speculated as an investment. But these currency never go too far from their main purposes - to be used in real life. That's partly a reason why in general, regular currency much stable than Bitcoin. What I mean is Bitcoin should be used as both an investment and a medium of exchange, but the function as a medium of exchange should be fostered.

Moreover, it cannot stay a good instrument to invest in if it doesn't have any valuse or way to use it. Unfortunately, so many people see only how much money they can earn if they will buy some Bitcoins
Activity: 551
Merit: 100
The popularity and explosive growth of prices made bitcoin an attractive object for investment. However, the risks are great and therefore buying the most crypto currency on the stock exchange is not suitable for everyone.
Activity: 38
Yes, I agree with you. Considering Bitcoin as an investment without developing and making use of its core value is the root of  money scamming and ban for governments. I don't disagree that Bitcoin is a good investment but it wasn't created for that purpose. I know that some regular currency like USD or Yuan are also speculated as an investment. But these currency never go too far from their main purposes - to be used in real life. That's partly a reason why in general, regular currency much stable than Bitcoin. What I mean is Bitcoin should be used as both an investment and a medium of exchange, but the function as a medium of exchange should be fostered.
Activity: 31
 Not as an investment, but if you want to put a Bitcoin or two in your pocket for fun, go for it — just make sure you can handle the volatility. You can see that many people speculate Dollar and sell it when it's high after. So personally I think, you can consider as both: a method of paying and a profitable investment. One shouldn't  necessarily only do the main tasks assigned.
Activity: 22
Bitcoin has forced itself to become an investment. It was born as a medium of exchange and promise to facilitate a cashless society. But I bet that most of guys here knew Bitcoin much as an investment than a medium of exchange. Bitcoin hadn't been known as much as now before the hype last year. They come to Bitcoin because of profit more than its core value it brings. It's sad. They speculated Bitcoin, which made its volatility. I hope in the future people can ajust their attitude to develop Bitcoin as a real method of payment. It's much more beneficial to society.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
the bitcoin thing is not much of an investment from my perspective, i love to call it or better still consider it as a contribution to the technology space as my own contribution to the reality of the solution proffered by the technology
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
Basically its not like people are investing into it, because its always stated tge risk involved and no guarantee for any ROI based on how things are run. So its when people put money and then term it investment, call it an asset and then aim for high ROI like x2, x4, an co. That's how it all started.
Pages:
Jump to: