Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you trust a gambler with your money/savings? - page 11. (Read 1429 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
Questions for discussion
- Are gamblers eligible to hold financial positions?
Based on your story, if that's the type of gambler then it will be a no.

- Do problem gamblers deserve a second chance to hold a financial position?
Yes, everyone who has been problematic with sort of things like this deserves a second chance. Anyone can change and if he's not willing then it's  his problem anymore and not the one who's giving him a second chance.

We all deserve a second chance and maybe by that chance, someone who's too addicted like in the story wholly change.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 412
No if it's a gambler similar to your story. I think a serial gambler like that has no sense of responsibility and should not be able to handle a company's major financial transactions or else.  An opportunity makes a thief as they say. Give it to them and you'll pay the price.

Yes if they were able to get some sort of therapy or have proven they're able to bring down gambling habits to a manageable level.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1655
Questions for discussion

Obviously in this case, gamblers are hard to trust holding positions that involved money. Money that don't belong to you in the first place. And we have a old saying here that if you have a business, don't gamble your profits because you business will go down.

Everyone deserves a second chance. It's that the gamblers should have the moral compass not to be tempted and relapses back to his old self otherwise that chances will be taken from that individual.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 298
Noticed playing Virtual game's hmmm ? That's one of the fastest ways someone or anyone can loss he's or her funds. Crazy thing's are really have I can't happen to watch such a fatal flaw come upon my fund's, funds or no funds, I am certain that I can never give a gambler my trust, but some cam be very discipline and works harder.
Once addiction is a problem, you better keep the at arm- length, funds should be used for better and good reasons.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Really hard to answer, but I heard horror stories too just like what the OP has describe. Well if he knows that his friend is into gambling, maybe he wouldn't trust him. So I guess for us we really need to be very careful about who put our businesses and money and rely them to manage it for us. Not just for gamblers, but for everyone because you really don't know, maybe if they see that the business is growing, they might be tempted to steal.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 355
Questions for discussion
- Will it be wrong to trust a problem gamblers with money?

Gambler will always be a gambler, if there’s a greed and other opportunity then most probably they will grab it. Gambler can still be trusted as long as you make them liable and trusting your friend is a big thing, its not easy but its possible.

Gambler should be more responsible especially on handling others money, if you don’t trust them then why give money to them in the first place? You should know the possible risk of this.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
I knew a Chinese trader who lost his daily receipts and then divorced his wife and flew back to China from Europe.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
True life Story.
A friend i know recently narrated to me how his business almost collapsed due to trust he had for another of his friends who he thought he was helping by recruiting him to manage one of his Retail outlets. He narrated how having put him in charge of that point started observing a decrease in the the profit from there intended for savings and reinvestment. He confronted him severally to know what the problem was, but his friend attributed it to being ill and needing drugs, until one faithful day when he ran into him in a betting shop during working hours betting on virtual football games, how disappointing!

Questions for discussion
Pages:
Jump to: