Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 27. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 4
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me out.

I have a 8 RX480 8gb rig...I start cast up and it runs fine now errors for about an hour, then it just stops. I come back and it is frozen, I can hit Q for quit and it loses but nothing else.  Any areas to look at ?

I cam compute mode turned on but no other switches.

Lower your memory clocks.  Odds are you’re overclocking too much for one or more of your cards.  Drop by 25 MHz and see if that fixes it and you won’t lose that much in hash.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me out.

I have a 8 RX480 8gb rig...I start cast up and it runs fine now errors for about an hour, then it just stops. I come back and it is frozen, I can hit Q for quit and it loses but nothing else.  Any areas to look at ?

I cam compute mode turned on but no other switches.

Activity: 206
Merit: 0
Any chance of dropping developer fee to around 1% dev? With more competition now, it would certainly help. I only ask because I have hesitated using cast xmr due to the higher fee. No disrespect or anything.

WTF is wrong with people... holy crap.
Exactly.
Complaining for just 0.5%...
If you do not like the fee just switch to something else.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Any chance of dropping developer fee to around 1% dev? With more competition now, it would certainly help. I only ask because I have hesitated using cast xmr due to the higher fee. No disrespect or anything.

WTF is wrong with people... holy crap.
Activity: 7
Has anyone tried the rx580 in this new version? reach 890 h/s in cn-heavy?
Activity: 17
How do you get 2000khs on Radeon Vega Frontier?

I have Large pages on/HMB off and clock speeds of 1407mhz Ram 1107 and only get just under 1500. Also using Gaming Driver 18.3.1.

Edit, NM. I updated to the 18.5.2 Driver and I'm getting about 2050khs now!
Activity: 43
my single vega fe is on 2180 with cryptonight-heavy with large pages on. using 18.4.1 gaming mode driver.
Activity: 6
Dear Gandalph3K,

I lose about 100h/s on CN Heavy with version 1.1.0. Using adrenaline drivers, with Max intensity. from about 1520-1550-->1410ish With my Vega 56's Samsung memory, my hynix drops to about 1300h/s.

Also, and i dont know why but the way i get 1500h/s+ on my veg 56's is by opening a CN V7 cast window first then after i close it and open up a CN Heavy it hashes faster. Pools do reflect increased hash-rate as well.

DonGato - Thanks for pointing that out. I was seeing 1400+ 56's and 1500+ 64's on a rig running 18.3.4 drivers (CN Heavy) but wondered how and why because I have another rig which was running 18.5.2 and seeing 1200/1300+ 56's and 1500+ 64's (CN Heavy).  Went through a bunch of DDU uninstall reinstalls and then saw your post...sure enough now both rigs have higher hashes after using your trick!

HBCC and large pages are OFF as far as I can tell from the utility.  My rigs were setup using the vegamining guide with a mix of 56/64/580 brands that have Hynix/Samsung memory.  Stock 56/64 bios, tweaked 580 bios, compute mode via AMD Wattman and clocks from powerplay tables and overdriveN tool.  Silicon lottery does not give me peak on all cards but a heck of a lot better than previous speeds.

Gandalph3k, this latest version is solid with higher hash as well - well done!

Activity: 43
if you have HBCC on when you run the miner it pops up saying its recommended to turn it off
Activity: 160
When using the switch-radeon-gpu command with vega's is it better to run with the HBCC Memory on or off?

thx
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
copper member
Activity: 63
Merit: 6
Dear Gandalph3K,

I lose about 100h/s on CN Heavy with version 1.1.0. Using adrenaline drivers, with Max intensity. from about 1520-1550-->1410ish With my Vega 56's Samsung memory, my hynix drops to about 1300h/s.

Also, and i dont know why but the way i get 1500h/s+ on my veg 56's is by opening a CN V7 cast window first then after i close it and open up a CN Heavy it hashes faster. Pools do reflect increased hash-rate as well.

Activity: 5
I seem to be getting best Vega 56 hash rates with intensity=10 for Hynix memory and intensity=7 for Samsung memory.
In other words leaving Samsung at default 7 (higher intensity drops hash rate), max intensity for Hynix improves it by about 50-100 H/s.

Driver v18.5.1 seems to drop my hash rates by about 100 H/s for all cards compared to v18.4.1.

Anyone else getting same results?
Activity: 18
I get the same speeds with intensity=10 for all my Vega64’s compared to v1.0.

Seems to work just as well. One thing I have not tried yet is the cast-xmr UI as it would not work with more than 8 vega’s and the beta now suppports up to 24 cards (not sure how that’s been tested as the drivers only allow 13 cards max!).

Hopefully the UI works now, will give it a test later.
Activity: 91
Merit: 29
Hi,

thanks for the info. Seems like a solid bug, will hammer it out in the next version.

Regards,
glph3k

Hey, just noticing a UI error with switch-radeon-gpu.

Looks like it's mixing up the names.  4,5 are in fact the VEGA cards.  Numbered order matches CLINFO as well.

Activity: 269
Merit: 4
A little help please:  GPU 0 in my 5 card rig is showing fan speed of -1 rpm and temp of -1* C.  It’s not the card, riser, or cable, as both Wattman and GPUz shows fan speed and temp.  If I rearrange the riser cables, it’s always GPU 0 not reading sensors.  Any ideas?

Problem solved… well kind of.  Turns out Cast doesn’t like non-RX cards in the rig.  I was running a R7 240 as my monitor connection but not mining on it.  I replaced it with an RX 570 and now all sensors show correct for GPU 0.
Activity: 5
Code:
Detected OpenCL Platform: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (2580.6)

GPU0: Radeon RX Vega (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages: OFF
GPU1: Radeon RX Vega (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages:  ON
GPU2: Radeon RX Vega (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages:  ON
GPU3: Radeon RX Vega (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages:  ON
GPU4: Radeon RX Vega (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages:  ON

Can't seem to turn on Large Pages for 1 card even after full restart. I get a success message but no change.
I'm running Intel iGPU as primary (connected with display and set in bios). Tried changing PCI-E slot, v18.4.1, v18.5.1, safe-mode, gpu bios switch - still nothing.
I know it probably won't improve non-Vega Frontier hash rates but I'm really curious  Huh

Activity: 11
Hey, just noticing a UI error with switch-radeon-gpu.

Looks like it's mixing up the names.  4,5 are in fact the VEGA cards.  Numbered order matches CLINFO as well.

Code:
Detected OpenCL Platform: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (2580.6)

GPU0: Radeon RX Vega (gfx804) ... no changes.
GPU1: Radeon RX Vega (gfx804) ... no changes.
GPU2: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx804) ... no changes.
GPU3: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx804) ... no changes.
GPU4: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx900) ... no changes.
GPU5: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx900) ... no changes.

GPU0: Radeon RX Vega (gfx804)
GPU1: Radeon RX Vega (gfx804)
GPU2: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx804)
GPU3: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx804)
GPU4: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages:  ON
GPU5: Radeon RX 550 Series (gfx900) | HBCC: OFF | Large Pages:  ON
Activity: 104
Hmm, thought I would give it a try only getting 200H/s or less with vega fe, I was getting 2200+ before with another miner using 18.4.1

On start it says large pages not enabled so use switch-radeon-gpu -G 0 --largepages=on restart , I do that by running command from a batch file, screen flickers and it says done but when I run the run.bat it still says not enabled

Activity: 80
Has anyone know how to try new --hbcc command? ()

It seems can't add syntax --hbcc=off in bat file (Cast 1.1 recommend to turn it off to change/better instensity and IDK how to use command)

You need a new bat for the switch-radeon-gpu.exe
Look here:
http://www.gandalph3000.com/cast_xmr/switch-radeon-gpu-compute-mode-hbcc-largepages/
Pages:
Jump to: