Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 29. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

Thx for the info. So you're saying, after installation of the 18.4.1 drivers, no need for powerplay tables? As in, I can adjust GPU P0-P5 states and memory P0-P2 states now. Obviously with the blockchain drivers, you can only adjust GPU; P6 and P7 and with Memory, the P3 state.
Hopefully this is true, can you please confirm that you can adjust the other states now?

Yes that is correct, i am not using power tables for doing overclocking+undervolting when using OverdriveNtool 0.2.6. I didn't like WattMan and poewrtables are a pain in the butt for finding the "right" one for each card so I tried and found out that it's possible only with overdriventool <3 . GPU-Z shows power consumption 115w per card, it's not real from the outlet, but pretty close because of power supply inefficiency so it's working for undervolting and overclocking is working as well.
 I am using a profile with the low states disabled by clicking on letter P0, P1, etc. I don't use those states but you may try if It works to have low states working. This is my config for vega56, don't know if it's the best, but works for me.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2s7x9qo.jpg
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Hi guys !  Smiley

I'm using this miner too and I would like to know something about it. I have 2x Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ and i'm using Cast XMR 1.0.0 with options : fast job switching mode enable and max card memory option enable. My driver version for my cards is 18.5.1. Windows 10 Pro x64 1803.

In Wattman I'm using this options :

Core Frequency: -10%
Memory Clock: 1105 MHz
Power Limit: +20%

I've got 3115 H/s. I think it's bad because I have RX Vega 64 Nitro+ and I'm pretty sure i can get more with this card.. Someone here using this cards too ? Should I change something in my config to get a better hashrate ? I don't find any informations on google..

Thanks for your help ! Smiley

P. S : I don' tknow how to turn off the blue led on my cards, if anybody knows let me know please !  Grin
You surely need to do the opposite from what settings you have, iow up the frequency close to 1400MHz for the core and 1100MHz for the memory and lower the power limit at least at -20% (maybe -30%) and lower the voltage also to 0.9V for both core and memory.

Hi !

Thanks for your help Smiley

What do you mean about "lower the voltage also to 0.9V" ? I can only change GPU Voltage to + or - in mV

get afterburner 4.50 http://www.guru3d.com/files-tags/download-afterburner-beta.html it now works with all most any a mount of amd Cards they finally fixed it so it works with the most up to date amd drivers and over 4 Amd cards .  it has a slider to lower the voltage with a GUI so you can see when it goes to about 0.9V or to about 900 volts ....from the defaults i think for most AMD cards that is 1100 to 1200 volts.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hi guys !  Smiley

I'm using this miner too and I would like to know something about it. I have 2x Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ and i'm using Cast XMR 1.0.0 with options : fast job switching mode enable and max card memory option enable. My driver version for my cards is 18.5.1. Windows 10 Pro x64 1803.

I've got 3115 H/s. I think it's bad because I have RX Vega 64 Nitro+ and I'm pretty sure i can get more with this card.. Someone here using this cards too ? Should I change something in my config to get a better hashrate ? I don't find any informations on google..

P. S : I don' tknow how to turn off the blue led on my cards, if anybody knows let me know please !  Grin
You surely need to do the opposite from what settings you have, iow up the frequency close to 1400MHz for the core and 1100MHz for the memory and lower the power limit at least at -20% (maybe -30%) and lower the voltage also to 0.9V for both core and memory.

Hi !

Thanks for your help Smiley

What do you mean about "lower the voltage also to 0.9V" ? I can only change GPU Voltage to + or - in mV
Activity: 11
Hi guys !  Smiley

P. S : I don' tknow how to turn off the blue led on my cards, if anybody knows let me know please !  Grin
Activity: 28
Hi guys !  Smiley

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Dev must have went on a holiday after releasing 1.0  Cheesy

Hopefully we can get a new updated version soon.
Activity: 206
Activity: 1179
Merit: 209
castxmr supports failover pools?
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
Hello guys, my miner hangs at the beginning " initializing gpu, loading kernel... " . Claymore does the same thing. Any ideas please?

Odds are bad card.  Did you recently add one?  I’ve got 2 cards that work fine just in Windows, but try to run a mining program and it just hangs like that.
Activity: 24
Hello guys, my miner hangs at the beginning " initializing gpu, loading kernel... " . Claymore does the same thing. Any ideas please?

https://ibb.co/mi5yiJ
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
Hey Guys,

i 1330h considered as good hashrate speed capped at 65c
4x Vega 56 running 6600h

running

P7 1407/875
P3 930/875
Max temp 65
Power Target -22

rock stable @ CN-Heavy

4 x 1330 = 5320h...
so how you come to 6600?
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
Hi dear mates, I've been using my 7 vegas56 with power tables. Now I wanted to not use them, then I used WattMan to do it but after crashing, I lost my personalized profile so I tested OverdriveNTool v0.2.6. and got it to work fine using a dummy profile (different values) so then profile with correct values will work fine lowering power consumption Smiley all good.  I'm using win10 with 18.4.1 drivers

I leave this information for anyone new to Vega cards no need for soft power tables nor blockchain drivers
for example script at shell:startup
Code:
:overclocking
echo Applying overclocking...

start OverdriveNTool.exe -p1Vega56dummy
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p2Vega56dummy
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p3Vega56dummy
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p4Vega56dummy
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p5Vega56dummy
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p6Vega56dummy
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p7Vega56dummy

start OverdriveNTool.exe -p1Vega56
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p2Vega56
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p3Vega56
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p4Vega56
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p5Vega56
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p6Vega56
start OverdriveNTool.exe -p7Vega56

echo Starting miner...
start /MAX cast_xmr_monero.bat

Activity: 269
Merit: 4
Defo i have a few times miner hangs, not Windows so would be great if there is a auto-correct failover.
This miner is still trash, every single day, miners keeps mining but its frozen and has to be restarted, so its using power and still loading the gpu's without mining.

Specially on a rig with rx580 and rx vega it freezes all the time if i use both in one miner, or 2 separate ones.
hi

it would be great:)
bored of it ,when it hang /stop hashing and no "reboot" itself

If the miner is freezing but Windows is still working, you probably have one or more of your cards clocked too high.  Mine hung a couple of times over a 3 day period... reduced the mem clock by 25 on all of them, and it’s been running solid ever since.
Activity: 266
This miner is still trash, every single day, miners keeps mining but its frozen and has to be restarted, so its using power and still loading the gpu's without mining.

Specially on a rig with rx580 and rx vega it freezes all the time if i use both in one miner, or 2 separate ones.
Activity: 760
Merit: 500
CryptoZilla
Defo i have a few times miner hangs, not Windows so would be great if there is a auto-correct failover.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
hi

it would be great:)
bored of it ,when it hang /stop hashing and no "reboot" itself
Activity: 296
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
Hey Guys,

i 1330h considered as good hashrate speed capped at 65c
4x Vega 56 running 6600h