Pages:
Author

Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded NVIDIA Maxwell / Pascal kernels. - page 14. (Read 2347426 times)

Activity: 954
Merit: 250
Private miner for sale with sourcecode. (wish algo / xdn)

RTX 2060 super 2500mh
gtx 1080ti  2500mh

70-100% faster than the pallas ccminer opensource

pm for details.
Do you mean kh?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Private miner for sale with sourcecode. (wish algo / xdn)

RTX 2060 super 2500mh
gtx 1080ti  2500mh

70-100% faster than the pallas ccminer opensource

pm for details.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003
Not so bad but I mine secret coin with 6$ GPU day, no pay miner needed
Sta bese ono kopas zeljko? Grin

I make $7 a day on secret coin.  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
Sta bese ono kopas zeljko? Grin
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
The farms are growing but my private kernel is still 70% faster than the competition.I still make a pofit with the old hardwre..
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
GPU mining is basically dead dude, except for the really large farms with low power costs. If you're still looking to develop you should look at making bitstreams for FPGAs.

i was just going to ask why there is still activity, but you nailed it even 2080ti are useless now....
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
GPU mining is basically dead dude, except for the really large farms with low power costs. If you're still looking to develop you should look at making bitstreams for FPGAs.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
What do you mean by "good profit on maxwell"? Did you test RandomX on it? I think current CUDA code won't even compile for Maxwell since it uses CUDA 9 features.

Maxwell is compute 5.0 and 5.2. Supported in cuda 10.1. Gddr5 memory. Cheap and fast in a GRID (100 000 chips++)

Activity: 116
Merit: 66
Loki is not profible on the Ryzen's. Good profit on the old maxwell's though..
What do you mean by "good profit on maxwell"? Did you test RandomX on it? I think current CUDA code won't even compile for Maxwell since it uses CUDA 9 features.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Spending weeks hacking proprietary instruction opcodes for different NVIDIA GPU generations

You don't need to spend time hacking. Here is an Assembler for NVIDIA Maxwell architecture.

https://github.com/NervanaSystems/maxas

to get at most 2x improvement in the end... Sounds fun, but I pass.

Loki is not profible on the Ryzen's. Good profit on the old maxwell's though..
NVIDIA only allows PTX and keeps their GPU machine code proprietary.

Binaries can still be generated and executed.  You don't need permission from NVIDIA, you just need to make a make a program that does the job.
Spending weeks hacking proprietary instruction opcodes for different NVIDIA GPU generations, to get at most 2x improvement in the end... Sounds fun, but I pass.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
NVIDIA only allows PTX and keeps their GPU machine code proprietary.

Binaries can still be generated and executed.  You don't need permission from NVIDIA, you just need to make a make a program that does the job.
But I doubt it can be more than 10% speedup over my code.
Why don't you generate ptx assembly per block and let the cuda compiler compile it before execution. (JIT style).
Because the code changes 8 times per hash for every hash. Too much to compile and all hashes will run different code in the end, so no place for parallel execution. It's not Cryptonight/R where there was only one code sequence per block - yes, I implemented JIT compiler there without any problems. With RandomX it's either direct machine code generation (not PTX) or VM emulation. NVIDIA only allows PTX and keeps their GPU machine code proprietary.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
But I doubt it can be more than 10% speedup over my code.

Why don't you generate ptx assembly per block and let the cuda compiler compile it before execution. (JIT style).

1. Generate a ptx .txt file in memory 1 time per block instead of parsing and executing the instructions realtime for every hash.
2. Use the buildt in runtime functions to execute the ptx. (compiling and caching of the generated cubin is done in the driver)

Yes, I am working on RandomX and some other cpu algos like Yespower.
A few years back you could take a CPU minable algo, convert to gpu code and make it +5-600% faster than a cpu. I don't see why this couldn't be done again...

A pow kernel evolution normally move from hardware to hardware:

Timeline
----------------------------->
CPU->GPU->FPGA->ASIC

Competing with the CPU algos are easier and probably more profitable than competing with the FPGA, but the coins are normally smaller and the profit could be limited to a few rigs.
You will fail with RandomX. Period. You can try to beat my CUDA/OpenCL code however, it would be interesting to see how much improvement you can achieve. But I doubt it can be more than 10% speedup over my code.
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
IS THERE CURRENTLY ANY COIN UTILIZING RAINFORESTV2? --

Apparently the tiny volume of MicroBitCoin (MBC, now on Power2b algo) makes it a long shot.  Is there any other coin on RainForest V2 (rfv2)?

--scryptr

yesterday I was googling exact same question too and the results were dissapinting
the only one coin which use this algo is MicroBitCoin.
and because it switched to new algo as well, there are no pool for rainforest algo
so in order to mine it - you have to do it solo

MICROBITCOIN IS ON ZERGPOOL--

But the only exchange for MBC has the wallet in maintenance.  You can mine MBC on the pool, but there may be a wait for payment.       --scryptr

EDIT:  The exchange wallet at StocksEchange is online for MBC, and ZergPool is live with MBC and Power2b algorithm.       --scryptr
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
hi there sp will there be power2b supported ccminer by you ? thanks in advance.
Activity: 756
Merit: 507

Apparently the tiny volume of MicroBitCoin (MBC, now on Power2b algo) makes it a long shot.  Is there any other coin on RainForest V2 (rfv2)?

--scryptr

yesterday I was googling exact same question too and the results were dissapinting
the only one coin which use this algo is MicroBitCoin.
and because it switched to new algo as well, there are no pool for rainforest algo
so in order to mine it - you have to do it solo
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

Apparently the tiny volume of MicroBitCoin (MBC, now on Power2b algo) makes it a long shot.  Is there any other coin on RainForest V2 (rfv2)?

--scryptr
Pages:
Jump to: