Pages:
Author

Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded NVIDIA Maxwell / Pascal kernels. - page 11. (Read 2347426 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
@sp_ Please release linux versions. Nobody mine under Windows in 2021.

He can do Amiga but not Linux. Quite weird.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
I have improved the reject rate on p2p pool. Will test on zergpool now.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
@sp_ Please release linux versions. Nobody mine under Windows in 2021.
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
Lots of rejects, ~25%.  My GTX 1060 3GB is clocked -100/+600 core/mem.

Which pool? Perhaps the memory clock is too high? Rejects should be less than 1% if you have low ping. (read the ping in the miner window (xxx ms) .

ZERGPOOL, WITH HIGH PING--

The miner seems to behave a little better after a few restarts.  Still really early for a conclusion.       --scryptr

EDIT: The ping is in the 1000s.  This PC is really laggy, I keep a lot of webpages open and just the single 1060 for a GPU.  The pool is crediting me with about 1/100 of a VTC per block.  There may be 1000 other miners at the pool, but disconnects inflate that stat.  VTC is accounting for a portion of my earnings already, moving up the list.  Let me watch for a day or so.

I have 4 R9 380 2GB cards, and 280X cards, and FURYs, etc.  If VTC is a real earner, they can be put on the rack.  But, I need Linux binaries at the least.  Preferably able to run on kernel 4.15, and older drivers (CUDA 9/10, AMD 18.1).

--scryptr
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Lots of rejects, ~25%.  My GTX 1060 3GB is clocked -100/+600 core/mem.

Which pool? Perhaps the memory clock is too high? Rejects should be less than 1% if you have low ping. (read the ping in the miner window (xxx ms) .
legendary
All my miners are Linux.

I might release for linux later

MY WIN 7 BOX RUNS SPMINER--

I get ~310kH/s at the console and the pool is reporting ~200kH/s.  Lots of rejects, ~25%.  My GTX 1060 3GB is clocked -100/+600 core/mem.

As I type this I have not run 1 hour yet.  There were no problems with my AV, and the "start.bat" was easy to modify.

I have 8 1060 3GB that could be racked and set to mine.  If VTC out earns RVN, I'll rack them.  The rig will be Linux.

--scrypt
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
SPMiner 1 Released for vertcoin. 1% dev fee. check it out.

https://github.com/sp-hash/SPMiner/releases/tag/SPMiner

I can reach more than 590H/s with this modded straps bios on the 580-4gb-sapphire-nitro+

https://maxhash.org/knowledge-base/amd-rx-580-4gb-sapphire-nitro-hynix-elpida/

Elpida memory and oc on the memory in msi afterburner

Try:
1411 core and 2050 on the memory

SPMiner for vertcoin Sappshire nitro+ 4GB with elpida memory

bios can be downloaded here (1411 core and 1900 memclock)

https://maxhash.org/knowledge-base/amd-rx-580-4gb-sapphire-nitro-hynix-elpida/

Latest AMD adrenaline drivers on Windows 10

All my miners are Linux.

I might release for linux later

VERTCOIN IS SECOND ONLY TO ETHEREUM TODAY--

Zombie mode is working pretty bad on windows. SPMiner is the most profitable right now on the 4GB cards. I am currently working on a fast ethereum miner for nvidia cards.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
I get 560khash on the sappshire 580 pulse 4gb 1900 memclock. Will release a binary with 1% fee soon.

VERTCOIN IS SECOND ONLY TO ETHEREUM TODAY--

What-to-Mine has ranked VTC second only to ETH today.  The 3 default "RX 480s" are rated at 1.32MH/s, and earning $3.49 a day.

If your miner drives an RX 580 at 560kH/s, three of them would produce 1.68MH/s, and earn $4.44 a day.  Still, second only to ETH.

--scryptr
Activity: 1264
Merit: 138
NO VERTHASH MINING YET--

My Win7 box attacked the available VertHashMiner on download, I can't run it.  All my miners are Linux.

I am waiting for an optimized miner for VertHash from PhoenixMiner or TRM.  It may be a while.  My 3GB 1060 cards are mining Raven.

VertHash can fit on a 2GB card.       --scryptr

EDIT: 30kH/s on a GTX 750ti--

I set up the Vert-OCM (One-Click Miner) and ran it.  A 750ti will get about 30kH/s, and earn about 1/3 VTC a day.  I have a Win 10 box that is usually busy, and I re-tasked it.  The miner self-installed and finally ran after maybe 45 minutes.

This miner apparently installs a wallet?  I could not easily see the address it was mining to.  This miner is a shell script to operate VertHashMiner by CryptoGraphics.  I'll look at it more later.

I'd rather see a CCminer version optimized for CUDA.       --scryptr

Ditto...
legendary
I get 560khash on the sappshire 580 pulse 4gb 1900 memclock. Will release a binary with 1% fee soon.

I MINE ON LINUX--

I have a number of R7, R9, RX, FURY, VEGA, etc.. cards, and I don't mind a 1% fee to you, but I'll need Linux binaries.  I could set up a 2-slot breadboard PC with Winblows, but it won't earn much in the way of fees or profits.

I have a real surplus of older cards, and they could go on ebay, or back to work in 4-6 card Linux rigs.  If your hash rates are good enough, I might ROI my R9 antiques again rather than sell them.  On ebay, the market looks good.

--scryptr
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
legendary
NO VERTHASH MINING YET--

My Win7 box attacked the available VertHashMiner on download, I can't run it.  All my miners are Linux.

I am waiting for an optimized miner for VertHash from PhoenixMiner or TRM.  It may be a while.  My 3GB 1060 cards are mining Raven.

VertHash can fit on a 2GB card.       --scryptr

EDIT: 30kH/s on a GTX 750ti--

I set up the Vert-OCM (One-Click Miner) and ran it.  A 750ti will get about 30kH/s, and earn about 1/3 VTC a day.  I have a Win 10 box that is usually busy, and I re-tasked it.  The miner self-installed and finally ran after maybe 45 minutes.

This miner apparently installs a wallet?  I could not easily see the address it was mining to.  This miner is a shell script to operate VertHashMiner by CryptoGraphics.  I'll look at it more later.

I'd rather see a CCminer version optimized for CUDA.       --scryptr
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
What are you getting on the AMD cards for verthash?

Your version pops an error.  I tried to compile it several times.  Any clues?       --scryptr

Use windows. The makefile hasn't been updated for a while. Legacy miners isn't giving you any profit..

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
My verthash miner is crashing on the new cards. 3xxx series.  Claymore is dead but you can buy straps mods for all the cards you want from wolf0 (CIA defect)

THE SUPRMINER WON'T COMPILE--

Your version pops an error.  I tried to compile it several times.  Any clues?       --scryptr
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
My verthash miner is crashing on the new cards. 3xxx series.  Claymore is dead but you can buy straps mods for all the cards you want from wolf0 (CIA defect)
legendary
I think I will opensource my verthash miner. Vertcoin has been there since the beginning and I like that they constantly change the algorithm to avoid asics. The price of the coin is low, and the team is professional. Let's mine and buy some vertcoins guys! Wink

I CHECKED YOUR GITHUB--

It wasn't there yet.  I did check a couple days ago and found your ZP miner.  I will test your miner if it compiles on Linux!

The open source VertHash miner was attacked by my AV when I tried to use it on my Win 7 box.  I can't make an exception for it at all.  Besides, it is not optimized.

Right now I have some 3GB GTX 1060s mining UbiqHash; PhoenixMiner lets a miner set straps.  According to ZergPool stats, VertHash and UbiqHash are about the same profit wise.  VTC is slightly second.  Optimized, the story may be different.

PhoenixMiner straps get about +4MH/s per GTX 1060 card, ~24MH/s vs. ~20MH/s.  Any chance for a straps option?

--scryptr
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I think I will opensource my verthash miner. Vertcoin has been there since the beginning and I like that they constantly change the algorithm to avoid asics. The price of the coin is low, and the team is professional. Let's mine and buy some vertcoins guys! Wink

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
The thought was to decouple the CPU thread from the GPU so the GPU's 1000's of cores don't sit idle
while the CPU is doing it's thing. A "tiny fraction of an instant" times 5000 might not be so insignificant.
There should also be gains by running the hash loop locally on the GPU in instead of controlling it from the CPU.

Since the gpu hash loop is only run once every some tenths of a second, its running time is irrelevant.
I can say that running the loop on gpu doesn't make any improvement because I tried it many times, and there's no measurable gain (unless the compiler can do some optimisations you forgot to put into the code).
Also keep in mind you need to get updates from the pool or wallet, in order not to compute stale work, so going back to the cpu at least every second is highly advised.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 220
If you try to set the intesity to 30 in the opensource miner it will crash, and it will not optimize the profit 30%. A miner will not care how the optimization is implemented as long as the profit is increased. You didn't read my code good enough. I have reduced the registry usage, and removed instructions (precalculated some of them with the cpu.). If you try to run with 28 intensity it's still much faster and stable than the opensource.

Doing precalc on the CPU is good, but can it be done in parallel with the GPU?

Doesn't make much sense, as it takes a tiny fraction of an instant.

The thought was to decouple the CPU thread from the GPU so the GPU's 1000's of cores don't sit idle
while the CPU is doing it's thing. A "tiny fraction of an instant" times 5000 might not be so insignificant.
There should also be gains by running the hash loop locally on the GPU in instead of controlling it from the CPU.

But I'm not a Cuda expert so I'll defer to those that are.

However, this discussion has been interesting. As futile as optiizimng keccak is for a GPU, I found an even more futile
exercise by optimizing it for a CPU. I had previously overlooked prehashing for keccak because the block size
was >64 bytes. But prehashing 72 bytes (keccak512 block size) works and does speed things up. Unexpectedly keccak256
uses a 136 byte block so prehashing is of no use. As a result it can only be used on the x16r based algos,
and only speeds up the chain by 3% and only when keccak is the first function.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Most of the first round of the keccak100 is precalculated on the cpu for every block(round 1 of 22). So each time the pool have a new block to search, the cpu need to precalculate. Not very often.
Pages:
Jump to: