Pages:
Author

Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded NVIDIA Maxwell / Pascal kernels. - page 12. (Read 2347426 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
If you try to set the intesity to 30 in the opensource miner it will crash, and it will not optimize the profit 30%. A miner will not care how the optimization is implemented as long as the profit is increased. You didn't read my code good enough. I have reduced the registry usage, and removed instructions (precalculated some of them with the cpu.). If you try to run with 28 intensity it's still much faster and stable than the opensource.

Doing precalc on the CPU is good, but can it be done in parallel with the GPU?

Doesn't make much sense, as it takes a tiny fraction of an instant.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 220
If you try to set the intesity to 30 in the opensource miner it will crash, and it will not optimize the profit 30%. A miner will not care how the optimization is implemented as long as the profit is increased. You didn't read my code good enough. I have reduced the registry usage, and removed instructions (precalculated some of them with the cpu.). If you try to run with 28 intensity it's still much faster and stable than the opensource.

Doing precalc on the CPU is good, but can it be done in parallel with the GPU?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
The biggest thing you did was increase the default intensity from 28 to 30, any user could have done that by manually setting it. That's not optimization. That's tuning, and deceptive to claim it reduces power.

30% faster also meens 30% less power and heat.
Reducing the number of instructions and uncecessary data copying will reduce power.

There is no memory access in keccak100. Why don't you read my code and see what it does. It's free and opensource.

I never claimed there was, it was a general statement.

The biggest thing you did was increase the default intensity from 28 to 30, any user could have done that by manually
setting it. That's not optimization. That's tuning, and deceptive to claim it reduces power.

I did notice you optimized the bitswapping of nonces by only bitswapping when a solution is found. That reduces the
number of instructions but doesn't have a measurable effect. I wonder where you got that idea. Wink

I'm not going to spend any time trying to figure out the Cuda code changes, your claims have been sufficiently rebutted.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Reducing the number of instructions and uncecessary data copying will reduce power.

There is no memory access in keccak100. Why don't you read my code and see what it does. It's free and opensource.

you stole code again

No profit in mining verthash anymore without an optimized miner. Go and mine something more profitable like ethereum..

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
I have been mining VTC since the hard-fork with my optimized kernel, the profit has been $6-7 a card per day.

gtx 1080ti ~888khash
gtx 1070ti ~525khash
gtx 1070 ~500khash

Private binary for sale. The price is 0.005 btc. PM me

Support the ccminer opensource project

you stole code again, you're not obligated to sell others work, and pretending its yours...

ALL: dont even try to buy this, he's very well know code stealer + you'll get a little backdoor as a present, BE AWARE!!!!

No it doesn't, especially if optimizing mem access. It means less time waiting for data and
more time computing, more power and heat. HW optimizations like new instructions reduce power,
but SW optimization usually means increased parallelism, increased instruction throughput, incresed
mem throughput, all increasing power but hopefully less than the performance gain. Reducing the number
of instructions and uncecessary data copying will reduce power.

You didn't even bother to buy a new GPU, still using Pascal. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
sp you are out of the th game i don't remember now, your miner only mine all other coins right?
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Don't waste your time on keccak, any coin.
A bcu can easily do 30 Gh/s, and there are thousands around.

I know, but my opensource keccak100 is 30% faster. I wanted to test the performance on the new cards. Keccak is also used in a number of algos. Ethereum, verthash, boolberry etc. So it make sense to optimize it. 30% faster also meens 30% less power and heat. So then you get more power and heat to solve the random memory access. Higher stable clocks->higher hash
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Don't waste your time on keccak, any coin.
A bcu can easily do 30 Gh/s, and there are thousands around.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Is it possible to get 58Mh with GTX 1080Ti for Eth?

The quote is taken from the cryptomining blog. I guess it was possible when the dag was smaller. I am only able to get 44-45mhash on my cards

About the Decreased performance in the Ethereum mining:

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/blockchain-drivers/110847/13

We’ve confirmed that the performance drop is due to the size of the DAG exceeding the total on-chip TLB capacity on the Pascal GPU. As a result, there is an increased number of TLB misses, which affects performance. Because the TLB is a fixed capacity hardware resource, and the ETH algorithm accesses the DAG randomly, we don’t believe there are any software optimizations that could reduce the TLB miss rate.

In the Volta generation, TLB coverage was increased by 4x, and large DAG sizes (up to ~8GB, which won’t be reached for many years) will still fit in the on-chip TLB. So these newer GPUs (Volta and beyond) will show much less performance sensitivity due to DAG size.

But after modding abit I can still get 50mhash on the 1080ti with the current epoc. And 0% fee..

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
The opensource is slow. My miner is more than 20% faster on the 1080ti.
(the opensource speed of 760khs taken from the https://cryptomining-blog.com/12546-mine-vertcoin-vtc-after-the-switch-to-the-verthash-algorithm (with settings that does  58 MH/s for Ethereum))

My mod can be pushed to more than 900khash with more oc. The gtx 1080 does around 600khash

Is it possible to get 58Mh with GTX 1080Ti for Eth?
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
(the opensource speed of 760khs taken from the https://cryptomining-blog.com/12546-mine-vertcoin-vtc-after-the-switch-to-the-verthash-algorithm (with settings that does  58 MH/s for Ethereum))

My mod can be pushed to more than 900khash with more oc. The gtx 1080 does around 600khash

even that its not profitable anymore...
Activity: 148
Merit: 5
1060s can do 460kh/s and 1070s can do 650kh/s on VerthashMiner. Don't think your kernel merits the 0.005btc fee, and I caution anyone against wasting money on it.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I just tested the one click miner(google) and  https://github.com/CryptoGraphics/VerthashMiner and it's is only doing 320khash on the GTX 1080. So my mod is +87.5% faster.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
I have been mining VTC since the hard-fork with my optimized kernel, the profit has been $6-7 a card per day.

gtx 1080ti ~888khash
gtx 1070ti ~525khash
gtx 1070 ~500khash

or just get it from the opensource source for free

https://github.com/CryptoGraphics/VerthashMiner
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Rtx 3090 probobly More than 2000
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
I have a RTX 3090, what could be the expected hashrate ?
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer

gtx 1080ti ~888khash
gtx 1070ti ~525khash
gtx 1070 ~500khash

Pages:
Jump to: