Pages:
Author

Topic: [CENSORSHIP] Matthew N. Wright - page 10. (Read 16408 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
August 14, 2013, 01:25:37 AM
This is just plain wrong, and censorship. I think if this continues this should be called the "unofficial bitcoin forum".
Is this the official bitcoin forum? I mean, I'm pretty sure bitcoin is about as decentralized as it gets. This forum in no way governs Bitcoin. It's more like a fanboy site that got popular. As for it's "censorship", anyone is welcome to go someplace else. It's just run by a few guys with some spare time on their hands. Hell, go make your own site if you want and call it the official bitcoin forum. This forum is no different than Facebook, 4chan, Reddit, or any other website and forum.

And now ladies and gentlemen, this thread is derailed.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
August 13, 2013, 07:30:15 PM
I'm interested in this snippet...

"letting Garr225 scam because they are friends..."

Did I miss this somewhere on the forum?  Does this have truth to it?
Sorta. Inaba caught Garr225 bidding up his own auctions. Garr apologized, but some people saw it as Theymos letting him off easy since Garr holds some of the forums' donated bitcoins.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
August 13, 2013, 07:19:36 PM
So now he's permabanned for life?

The ban will not expire automatically. I may review it later.

But he makes good points now and again and you are censoring him.  Not allowing him to speak freely. 

He can post elsewhere. People aren't banned on /r/Bitcoin just for trolling, for example.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
August 13, 2013, 07:16:34 PM
P.s. because theymos doesn't appreciate freedom of speech, I'm technically banned and can't respond to any threads (including this one) until dear leader decides I am now "safe" to let back in (safe meaning I won't bring up the hypocrisy of letting Garr225 scam because they are friends and give me a tag, all while saying he doesn't give tags anymore as an excuse for not giving one to avalon, BFL, Garr255, etc. Hahahaha. Wow.)

Is that true? Is he really banned from this forum?

He was banned for a little while, but if he's able to post here now I guess not?

I'm interested in this snippet...

"letting Garr225 scam because they are friends..."

Did I miss this somewhere on the forum?  Does this have truth to it?
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
August 13, 2013, 07:15:37 PM
For what it's worth I understand that you are the one who needs to deal with all the community yelling and you have decided Matthew is a troll.  

Ok.

But he makes good points now and again and you are censoring him.  Not allowing him to speak freely.  
He is not the enemy, the scammers and thieves are the enemy.

For what it's worth.

And let me restate that I recognize you have made your decision after, likely, dealing with hundreds of complaints.  And that cannot be any fun.

August 13, 2013, 07:12:03 PM
He edited that poll after people had already voted to create misleading results.

I can't speak to the rest but personally I find the poll system infuriating.  I cannot, personally, seem to edit a poll and make any sense of the answer if people have already voted in the poll.  If I delete a field then the results of the next field appear where that question used to be.  You are saying he deliberately deleted a poll result and the next higher result showed up?  Or did he change the context of a poll by changing the words?

Activity: 784
August 13, 2013, 07:09:52 PM
He was trolling continuously. He hasn't changed: He edited that poll after people had already voted to create misleading results.

administrator
August 13, 2013, 07:01:30 PM
He was trolling continuously. He hasn't changed: He edited that poll after people had already voted to create misleading results.
August 13, 2013, 06:56:37 PM
Why was he banned?
administrator
August 13, 2013, 06:55:27 PM
Yes, he is banned. Recently I partially removed his ban so he could PM people, but clearly this was a mistake.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
August 13, 2013, 02:56:39 PM
P.s. because theymos doesn't appreciate freedom of speech, I'm technically banned and can't respond to any threads (including this one) until dear leader decides I am now "safe" to let back in (safe meaning I won't bring up the hypocrisy of letting Garr225 scam because they are friends and give me a tag, all while saying he doesn't give tags anymore as an excuse for not giving one to avalon, BFL, Garr255, etc. Hahahaha. Wow.)

He was banned for a little while, but if he's able to post here now I guess not?

He claims being able to post new threads (in off-topic sub, at least), but being locked out replying to any thread, anywhere.

John, Theymos ? Could you please confirm this?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
August 13, 2013, 02:54:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
August 13, 2013, 02:31:38 PM
This 'community' never seizes to amaze me.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
August 13, 2013, 02:16:54 PM

Pages:
Jump to: