Pages:
Author

Topic: Chia Coin Mining become unprofitable - the coin has fallen in price by 3 times - page 5. (Read 2314 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Chia is an interesting thing.
It just dropped prices for HDD. At least in my country.
Because it was a hype-period when all was purchasing HDDs at overprices.
And now as it becomes not such profitable, many-many used HDDs (but with 1.5 - 2.5 year varranty left on it) are on po market.
I was even able to purchase some 4Tb Seagate green new condition for just 50-55 USDs.
It is now farming XCH on Hpool.

Very soon will be time for gpus to crash so hard, idiots have been buying overpriced gpus no stopping, making huge farms and all those gpus will be resold 10 times cheaper than they are right now.

Nope you called the crash since jan of 2021 it is now sept 2021 so far you are eight months off.

Gpus are simply not crashing till late 2022 or early 2023.

you made a good call on the 2018 crash. you warned about it dec-jan 2017

So far you crash calls for 2021 are a fail. take a break and start the crash call back up in feb of 2022.
Activity: 916
Merit: 1

Very soon will be time for gpus to crash so hard, idiots have been buying overpriced gpus no stopping, making huge farms and all those gpus will be resold 10 times cheaper than they are right now.
I believe that all that hype around chia was created exactly in order to blast the HDD and SSD market, nothing else. Because chia isn't listed anywhere still and I didn't find a person which could earn on it.. It's all a big sad game.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
And now as it becomes not such profitable, many-many used HDDs (but with 1.5 - 2.5 year varranty left on it) are on po market.
I was even able to purchase some 4Tb Seagate green new condition for just 50-55 USDs.

I remember when you wrote this...back in 2017  Grin
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
So we agree UUSD is not mineable.

Please point out where i said anything about Crypton? 

You are the one mixed up and putting words in peoples posts. 

I've mentioned Crypton because UUSD and Crypton were launched by one team of Utopia p2p project. And by the way, Crypton already has 31K active nodes. Not all the top coins can show the same result today.
Hmm, really? I can call this an impressive result. For a relatively new coin, such figures seem even too large.
Activity: 297
Merit: 3

same as my country no one hype to mine chia anymore in this time.

many people want to sell hdd all of 80TB-200TB.

I've mentioned Crypton because UUSD and Crypton were launched by one team of Utopia p2p project. And by the way, Crypton already has 31K active nodes. Not all the top coins can show the same result today.
Activity: 5

CRP, $400k marketcap shitcoin...are you serious?
What will you say about UUSD stablecoin? It is designed to maintain 1:1 parity with the US Dollar. Utopia USD is an anonymous, secure, instant and liquid payment method. It's value is backed by DAI cryptocurrency. Isn't it the currency of future?

Not sure why you bring this one up….is it mineable? 
I think that, moreover, this project seems to me quite reliable and, in turn, promises privacy, in addition to the stability of the course.

So that is a NO this coin is not mineable.
Could you explain why you think so? I'm not very well versed in this, but it seemed to me that this ration combines two strengths.

UUSD is running an online bot.  That is not mining...even if they call it that.  PoW is mining.  Nothing they are doing with UUSD or other so called "mining" like Pie network is mining.  Running a Node is not mining.  PoS is not mining. 

Thank you, everything is a little clearer now. Although, I would love to know more about it. Because this stablecoin has made a lot of noise on Twitter.
Activity: 1251
Merit: 135

What will you say about UUSD stablecoin? It is designed to maintain 1:1 parity with the US Dollar. Utopia USD is an anonymous, secure, instant and liquid payment method. It's value is backed by DAI cryptocurrency. Isn't it the currency of future?

I think that, moreover, this project seems to me quite reliable and, in turn, promises privacy, in addition to the stability of the course.

Could you explain why you think so? I'm not very well versed in this, but it seemed to me that this ration combines two strengths.

UUSD is running an online bot.  That is not mining...even if they call it that.  PoW is mining.  Nothing they are doing with UUSD or other so called "mining" like Pie network is mining.  Running a Node is not mining.  PoS is not mining. 

UUSD is not mineable. It's uniqueness is in the fact that it's a privacy stablecoin, moreover, it's decentralized. Crypton coin from the same project is the coin that can be mined. You've mixed everything in one Wink

UUSD is not mineable. It's uniqueness is in the fact that it's a privacy stablecoin, moreover, it's decentralized. Crypton coin from the same project is the coin that can be mined. You've mixed everything in one Wink

Activity: 196
Merit: 11
chia at the beginning, at launch was a good coin to mine its value was high and little space was needed, then the value dropped and more and more people began to mine it now to be able to earn something decently it is necessary to provide at least 50 tetrabite of hard disk space and perhaps the investment is no longer recoverable in a short time, for now as long as it is possible i prefer to mine eth
Unless if one can get their hands on cheap HDD, I  can get 100TB for 500$ I'm my country and I'm thinking of giving chia farming a try but the plotting side is what pissed me off? Need to get faster CPU and costly NVMe drive to plot faster, kinda not worth it compare to GPU mining

It's just interesting for me as I never met a coin that is stable and private at once. Maybe it's something that may be really useful for crypto addicted who wants to save their earnings anonymously and in a stable rate.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 605
chia at the beginning, at launch was a good coin to mine its value was high and little space was needed, then the value dropped and more and more people began to mine it now to be able to earn something decently it is necessary to provide at least 50 tetrabite of hard disk space and perhaps the investment is no longer recoverable in a short time, for now as long as it is possible i prefer to mine eth

Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
Chia mining is a waste of money on HDD and SSD unless you can get 100s of tera bytes for cheap price though, imagine 100tb giving you 150$ per month? That's so stupid lol, 20TB costs 745$ on Amazon store that's enough to get you decent GPU that will give you 150$ per month, the exact amount you will get with 100TB on chia mining

Only a fool would use GPU for mining when you can use HDDs that spend much less energy. Smart people pay less than $300 per 20TB, and use RAM disk instead SSD
Pages:
Jump to: