Pages:
Author

Topic: Chia Coin Mining become unprofitable - the coin has fallen in price by 3 times - page 4. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1
Okay.. The decision is only up to you, but I have to tell you something. While chia can't list the coin anywhere, Utopia p2p listed both of their coins on a new exchange yesterday - Crypton and Utopia USD. I think it's a great step and it will be interesting to see how it will affect the coins.
And I can already tell you the results Smiley In 24 hours after listing Crypton gained 50% to its value https://crp.is/exchange/crp_usdt And even today, it's still green and continues to improve and grow. At least we've seen that movement. I'm sure that now more people will believe in it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
It is better to make a mistake now and lose a few thousand dollars than to regret later that you did not invest in this coin.
If the price of the coin falls, then I will buy more.
I will have to wait a long time, at least until the first halving, but it's even interesting.
Of course, I do not advise beginners to do this, because they need to quickly recoup their investment.
Okay.. The decision is only up to you, but I have to tell you something. While chia can't list the coin anywhere, Utopia p2p listed both of their coins on a new exchange yesterday - Crypton and Utopia USD. I think it's a great step and it will be interesting to see how it will affect the coins.
Activity: 297
Merit: 3
I decided to mine the CHIA on video cards.
I sold ethereum and bought a CHIA Smiley
I think that it is very important to calculate on what is more profitable to mine a CHIA. Video cards are more versatile, and can mine a lot of coins, and for mining on hard drives, I know no more than 5 coins.
I understand that there are many more of these coins, but their price is now zero.
Are you serious? I would never have thought that someone would decide to sell a more reliable coin for the sake of a new and supposedly promising one! I think you are mistaken about the prospects and profitability of Chia. There are greener and more promising projects
It is better to make a mistake now and lose a few thousand dollars than to regret later that you did not invest in this coin.
I will have to wait a long time, at least until the first halving, but it's even interesting.
Of course, I do not advise beginners to do this, because they need to quickly recoup their investment.

how long for first halving coming?

and do you think chives is good coin to mine?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
I think that it is very important to calculate on what is more profitable to mine a CHIA. Video cards are more versatile, and can mine a lot of coins, and for mining on hard drives, I know no more than 5 coins.
I understand that there are many more of these coins, but their price is now zero.
Are you serious? I would never have thought that someone would decide to sell a more reliable coin for the sake of a new and supposedly promising one! I think you are mistaken about the prospects and profitability of Chia. There are greener and more promising projects
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
Right now I'm creating new not plots for Chia farming, and these plots are able to farm a lot of Chia forks:

Flax, HDD coin, Mint, Silicon and etc
You can check all Chia forks here: https://xchforks.com
Most of them haven't any price, but you can change them to Chia coin and make your farming more profitable.
But chia seems to continue dying, so what is the point in mining zero coins for something that is not worth trying? Didn't you think to switch to any other more promising projects? Now privacy and stablecoins are getting more popular, for example.
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
Activity: 404
Merit: 421
Blockchain Enthusiast, Chia farmer, NFT Collector

Right now I'm creating new not plots for Chia farming, and these plots are able to farm a lot of Chia forks:

Flax, HDD coin, Mint, Silicon and etc
You can check all Chia forks here: https://xchforks.com
Most of them haven't any price, but you can change them to Chia coin and make your farming more profitable.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1783
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
I don't care about Chia price right now, I'm sure that price will gone grow to ATH at least in few months or may be after 1st halving Chia
gona set new price records as Bitcoin.
If the price can't grow to ATH right now when the market is still being regarded as "bullish" then forget about it. The period that comes after a bull run is very brutal to altcoins, as you will witness it soon now that you have a particular altcoin to follow.

I saw it first-hand in 2018. I held a number of altcoins I thought would one day go x100, but it never happened. Instead, I saw drops in price of more than 90%
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
I don't care about Chia price right now, I'm sure that price will gone grow to ATH at least in few months or may be after 1st halving Chia
gona set new price records as Bitcoin. I haven't big costs every month to hols my farm, that's why I'm ready to wait.
But I recognized that new NFT plots can farm a lot of Chia forks like: Flax, HDD coin, Silicon, Mint, Tranzact, Apple, Avocado and etc.
This fact makes Chia farming more profitable, and if you have such space of HDD as me you can farm these forks in solo.

Green Money for Digital World Smiley

Forget it, actually not only chia but everything will only go up in the next cycle which will be around 3 to 5 years from now, so from here hehell even more, if you think chia price is low, wait till the bearrun really starts, expect 99% crash for 80% of altcoins, no altcoins will be safe, go and check all the major crashes we had in 2011, 2014 and 2018 and start learning, there still hope for you trolls.

I entered to crypto market in 2017, without investments, I made all my money and crypto as a crypto exchanger in Kazakhstan. That is why I don't care about my money as traditional investors.
I know about BTC 4 year cycles but I think that market had changed and cycles changed too.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
gona set new price records as Bitcoin. I haven't big costs every month to hols my farm, that's why I'm ready to wait.
But I recognized that new NFT plots can farm a lot of Chia forks like: Flax, HDD coin, Silicon, Mint, Tranzact, Apple, Avocado and etc.
This fact makes Chia farming more profitable, and if you have such space of HDD as me you can farm these forks in solo.

Forget it, actually not only chia but everything will only go up in the next cycle which will be around 3 to 5 years from now, so from here hehell even more, if you think chia price is low, wait till the bearrun really starts, expect 99% crash for 80% of altcoins, no altcoins will be safe, go and check all the major crashes we had in 2011, 2014 and 2018 and start learning, there still hope for you trolls.

Activity: 161
Merit: 12
Hi everybody!
I'm from Russian Bitcointalk and I want to listen what English language crypto community thinking about XCH.
Right now in Kazakhstan im starting building the biggest XCH farming center.
We are going to create more than 50k plotts in the begging of this project.
I know that XCH price right now is too low, but I was waiting to this lows to start it and Im ready for 50-100USD price for Chia.
We are ready to farm for 3 years without any Chia cash outs, I think we need to wait the first halving and then we will see.
Also we are going to farm Chia forks.
What do you think about it? Am I crazy? Smiley

Yes crazy because myself here saw people selling hdd in big amount.1st i wanted buy it then before buying im calculated: 34TB he was selling for 600$. Chia calc showing for 34TB is 1.25$ per day if diff stays like this. so i need 480days to ROI or it says 8month to find block if you lucky. in other hand i can buy chia coin for 160$. So for 600$ i can buy 4XCH which is more smart choice.instead spending all headache with hdd just buy coin and hodl if you believe this project will be good.
So what is going for Chia coin now? As mining is unprofitable, I'm wondering how anyone still sells it cheap unless they got the coin really easy with no effort or whatever. Are the only miners in the scene is the one who got in the coin in the very early days? Though many Chia miners also start to sell off their HDD mining farm and opt to buy the coin instead if they think its value will go higher in the future.
Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
Hi everybody!
I'm from Russian Bitcointalk and I want to listen what English language crypto community thinking about XCH.
I know that XCH price right now is too low, but I was waiting to this lows to start it and Im ready for 50-100USD price for Chia.
We are ready to farm for 3 years without any Chia cash outs, I think we need to wait the first halving and then we will see.

Yes crazy because myself here saw people selling hdd in big amount.1st i wanted buy it then before buying im calculated: 34TB he was selling for 600$. Chia calc showing for 34TB is 1.25$ per day if diff stays like this. so i need 480days to ROI or it says 8month to find block if you lucky. in other hand i can buy chia coin for 160$. So for 600$ i can buy 4XCH which is more smart choice.instead spending all headache with hdd just buy coin and hodl if you believe this project will be good.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
Hi everybody!

Yes...much easier to just spend same money by buying XCH if you believe in project that much
Hi everybody!

Activity: 297
Merit: 3
today price lower to 150usd/xch but weird net space not drop too much.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
A few weeks ago, hard drives began to fall in price, and some models are already 2 times lower than the May values. Everything is clear here: over the past month, the price of Chia has fallen by 3 times.

It becomes obvious why there is no hype for hard drives. Even if you imagine that in 2 months you will receive your 2 coins (2 Chia per block), then this will give you only $ 530. While we spent nearly $ 6,000 on 5 drives. With ever-increasing complexity, with a random chance and a falling cryptocurrency in price, it is impossible to return the investment.

So let's think about what other coins we can mine and earn.

1. Dogecoin. New blocks are discovered approximately once every minute on the Dogecoin network. For comparison, Bitcoin blocks are discovered approximately once every 10 minutes.
2. Monero. A Monero block is mined every 2 minutes, and we know that the current reward for mining transaction block is 4.99 XMR. So, by doing the simple math, we know that 1 XMR is mined every 24 seconds.
3. Crypton. You will receive Cryptons every 15 minutes (block generation time). You will also get Proof of Stake rewards on your Minimal Monthly Balance.

On the whole, such coins are worth mining as they're more eco-friendly than Bitcoin is, it requires less time for mining and fewer investments for mining.

Which eco-coin do you prefer more? Or green coins are just kind of hype now?

If I am going to choose to mine a coin, I would rather go for dogecoin, because every minute it mined through new block discovered.
And I don't have any idea about in CHIA, except for checking it now at the coingecko where it was 192$ each, this is the first time I heard about it. So if the coin development is not doing any good for you, I think its about time for you to find an alternative way to mine other coins. Besides, there are more coins better than this CHIA and cheap but profitable.
Activity: 378
Merit: 135
Chia is an interesting thing.
It just dropped prices for HDD. At least in my country.
Because it was a hype-period when all was purchasing HDDs at overprices.
And now as it becomes not such profitable, many-many used HDDs (but with 1.5 - 2.5 year varranty left on it) are on po market.
I was even able to purchase some 4Tb Seagate green new condition for just 50-55 USDs.
It is now farming XCH on Hpool.

Very soon will be time for gpus to crash so hard, idiots have been buying overpriced gpus no stopping, making huge farms and all those gpus will be resold 10 times cheaper than they are right now.

Nope you called the crash since jan of 2021 it is now sept 2021 so far you are eight months off.

Gpus are simply not crashing till late 2022 or early 2023.

you made a good call on the 2018 crash. you warned about it dec-jan 2017

So far you crash calls for 2021 are a fail. take a break and start the crash call back up in feb of 2022.

I mean he cant be right unless he continues to make the predictions every few months or so. That way when it finally happens he can look like a genius despite the numerous calls of the top and being wrong. I was mining and buying back in 2017/2018 when he called the top. I didnt sell then either. I managed to replace my entire GPU mining rigs throughout the last year selling the 1070/1080tis for more than I paid for them during the top in 2018 and got 3+ years of mining out of them.  Bottom line is the top is only the top short term. A year or two of bearish movement and consolidation isnt a bad thing.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1783
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
Nope you called the crash since jan of 2021 it is now sept 2021 so far you are eight months off.

Gpus are simply not crashing till late 2022 or early 2023.

I believe the ongoing shortage of semiconductors has a huge role to play on how the price of GPUs will be in the next couple of years as they are part of the CPUs and GPUs. This  could mean a reduced supply of GPUs over a period of at least 2 years, keeping their prices high compared to previous years
Pages:
Jump to: