Pages:
Author

Topic: China will become Super Power ? - page 26. (Read 14746 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
October 22, 2014, 08:09:15 AM
China has blow up lately because people are working 24/7 and getting paid nothing, and actually take pride on it. But this is comming to an end, young people don't want to be working drones, and with democracy and vacations comes less raw production power, and righfully so.
This is somewhat of a myth. It has been rumored that foxcom (one of apple's suppliers in China) is able to get it's workers to wake up in the middle of the night to start work on a product that needs immediate attention, however I am pretty sure this has been debunked.

The standard of living in China has been rising steadily over the past several years and will likely continue to rise for the immediate future.

yes it is a myth. I checked some statistic how long are working weeks and on top was Central European countries ( Hungary, Slovakia, Estonia) and South American (Chile).  None Asian countries was there. I was so surprised. It seems this myth was made at end of last century with Japan and then moved to China.
Activity: 231
October 21, 2014, 10:40:06 AM
China has blow up lately because people are working 24/7 and getting paid nothing, and actually take pride on it. But this is comming to an end, young people don't want to be working drones, and with democracy and vacations comes less raw production power, and righfully so.

This is competitive strength.

The same salary that provides for 1 engineer in the US working 5x8, will be enough to provide for 7 engineers, working 7x12 in China. 1 vs 7 which one do you think will gain a better result?

Wages tend to equalize over a period of time. More engineering jobs would shift to China, resulting in higher demand for engineers and this would result in an increase in wages.

This is only true if the country/culture value hard word and reward risk takers. Both conditions are no longer true in the US and the majority of the population.
Activity: 210
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
October 21, 2014, 09:47:52 AM
Corrupt Chinese politicians are moving a lot of money from China to western countries.
It's not a good phenomenon for becoming Super Power.

Why not. Lots of Chinese money gos into Africa. Africa have lots of minerals that China dont have. Now with USA getting enough oil they need and will slowly release their clutches of Middle East, China will move there also. No matter how good relations they have with Russia, China will want their own Oil sources for their keep on expanding industry.

Biggest challenge China will have in near future is Ecology. I am not afraid they will not be able to successfully win the fight with this problem, but the fight will be long and hard.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 09:10:08 AM
They are the super power right now. We might not feel it but yes, they are.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 06:32:56 AM
Corrupt Chinese politicians are moving a lot of money from China to western countries.
It's not a good phenomenon for becoming Super Power.
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
October 21, 2014, 06:27:34 AM

The same salary that provides for 1 engineer in the US working 5x8, will be enough to provide for 7 engineers, working 7x12 in China. 1 vs 7 which one do you think will gain a better result?

Wages tend to equalize over a period of time. More engineering jobs would shift to China, resulting in higher demand for engineers and this would result in an increase in wages.
Activity: 658
October 20, 2014, 04:43:56 AM
As a Chinese, I do see my country is becoming more and more powerful. But it's still far behind the US. That's why I still want to do a postdoc in the US.
wangxinxi, where are you based in China? Which univ. are you from.
I once know a guy with the same name pronounciation.
October 20, 2014, 04:41:01 AM

October 20, 2014, 04:36:28 AM
Being a Chinese, there's a strange feeling when reading this post.
I would say China has its problems. For instance air pollution is the cost for developing too fast and neglected the enviroment we should care about.
Yet, in the same time US and many developed countries are building factories and plants in China that's not allowed to build in their country, and pours out a lot of waste, aggrevating the land, water and air. But it helped in boosting the economy.

It is the cost we must pay.

Nothing will stop China growing big and strong, because its evolving and adapting everyday.
Now Xi is a great leader, trying very hard to eliminate corruption in China.
Activity: 183
October 19, 2014, 01:16:39 PM
With the chinese economy slowly down substantially and US economy gradually picking up, it's inevitable that china will lag behind US.

Unless anyone wants to bring up that weak argument about PPP because it's so full of holes and corruption - there's a good reason why PPP is not considered a good measure of economic power especially since globalization.

Wow you truly understand nothing about global economics. China will surpass the U.S. in GDP within the next 20 years, its already a given.

And you actually believe the US economy is picking up? Who are you, Ben Bernanke?

I don't know what delusional land you are living in where America is always #1 in every way, but the entire reason that cryptocurrency exists is because the American economy and financial system have been hijacked by a bunch of spoiled criminals and does not serve the average citizen anymore.
It cannot be said for sure that the Chinese economy will continue to grow at it's current rate. Investing in the Chinese economy is far from without risks. There is a lot of regulation in the Chinese economy (more so then in the US for non-chinese companies). The Chinese government is also spending a lot on infrastructure that is not being used (for example skyscrapers that are sitting vacant) and this is not sustainable.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 19, 2014, 12:44:10 PM
With the chinese economy slowly down substantially and US economy gradually picking up, it's inevitable that china will lag behind US.

Unless anyone wants to bring up that weak argument about PPP because it's so full of holes and corruption - there's a good reason why PPP is not considered a good measure of economic power especially since globalization.

Wow you truly understand nothing about global economics. China will surpass the U.S. in GDP within the next 20 years, its already a given.

And you actually believe the US economy is picking up? Who are you, Ben Bernanke?

I don't know what delusional land you are living in where America is always #1 in every way, but the entire reason that cryptocurrency exists is because the American economy and financial system have been hijacked by a bunch of spoiled criminals and does not serve the average citizen anymore.
very well put  your bang on mate
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
October 19, 2014, 10:25:50 AM

Is this true? You have any numbers? You want to say China BDP increase was less then USA one in 2013?
Activity: 420
October 19, 2014, 07:58:58 AM

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
October 19, 2014, 06:24:36 AM
hi .. .Roll Eyes

China will become super power in few years !! sure

First reason is that they are creating everything expect only one thing .. .and the thing is Medical products .. not medical instruments ...

but they are working on them too they will manufacture them too .. !!

and GuyZZZ ? you know ? why china is not raising there currency price ? ? ?  Think .. !! will reveal.

The US currently owns 60% of the worlds wealth. How much do you think China holds of whats left?
Activity: 166
October 19, 2014, 06:11:20 AM
As a Chinese, I do see my country is becoming more and more powerful. But it's still far behind the US. That's why I still want to do a postdoc in the US.

Academy certification is over supply these days. How much do you think a postdoc get paid compare to an average sales job in US?
Activity: 173
October 18, 2014, 11:36:55 PM
There is alot fake stuff from china , they clone everything and sell with cheap price.
Cheap but low quality.

China will become one of Good Economic Country in the world , but super power ? No

China has large growth of middle income population layer. This means they have bigger salaries that enables them to buy more expensive products thus making demand for higher quality.

This demand forces product quality to rise to meet demand. Whole process is slowly rolling to higher quality of all products.

Strong middle layer makes country strong. China is growing rapidly with some bumps on the road but evenutaly there will be tipping point when it passes US.

Everything depends on the future actions of US though. Only time will tell, but I am almost certain that we should start learning Chinese Cheesy

yes you right , chinese languange is become important in asia now ,in my country for new recruit in some company they must be fluent in english and chinese.
English has been the dominant language throughout the world, including China. Most parts of the world will teach their children how to speak both their local language and English.
Activity: 378
October 18, 2014, 01:14:47 PM
Of course. Consider that US is very very ruined with him debts ! China is in active and have much much money to invest and make wherever they want ! I think that, in 1 or max 2 years, china will pass US.
Activity: 448
October 18, 2014, 12:52:26 PM
This is somewhat of a myth. It has been rumored that foxcom (one of apple's suppliers in China) is able to get it's workers to wake up in the middle of the night to start work on a product that needs immediate attention, however I am pretty sure this has been debunked.

The standard of living in China has been rising steadily over the past several years and will likely continue to rise for the immediate future.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
October 18, 2014, 08:39:55 AM
Activity: 686
October 18, 2014, 07:39:03 AM
... but I am almost certain that we should start learning Chinese Cheesy

For me it's too late, but I seriously consider it for my children.
There is no reason why Chinese could not be the next dominant language around the world.
Well,.. now I think of it, all those characters are not really convenient and easy to learn.

So you must put lots of effort for your children in first years to expand their painting and drawing since Chinese letters are drawings. Smiley
This is not true and somewhat racist. Chinese "bar" (the drawings that you refer to) are symbols that correspond to each spoken word in Chinese. They are not drawings as there is no creativity involved making these words. It essentially makes it impossible for someone to misspell a word
Pages:
Jump to: