Pages:
Author

Topic: Chinese New Year? - page 14. (Read 1368 times)

Activity: 315
Merit: 100
February 04, 2018, 09:42:06 AM
What are your thoughts on the whole Chinese New Year speculation?

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.
Everything is possible because 40% of the market for the Chinese and everyone needs money. Therefore, it is difficult to foresee, especially when we have experienced only one fall, we do not want to talk about the second such failure.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
February 04, 2018, 09:39:52 AM

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.

I think it's normal for bitcoin market to crash during Chinese new year since a lot of investors in Asia usually sell their bitcoin before the holiday. It usually happens every year so such thing is usually a normal cycle in bitcoin market. It's good for people to be aware when will bitcoin crash, what events affect bitcoin market, and information that will help speculating cryptocurrency prices.

This is why I think it's going to crash a well, based on the past events. But you never know.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
February 04, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

I think it's normal for bitcoin market to crash during Chinese new year since a lot of investors in Asia usually sell their bitcoin before the holiday. It usually happens every year so such thing is usually a normal cycle in bitcoin market. It's good for people to be aware when will bitcoin crash, what events affect bitcoin market, and information that will help speculating cryptocurrency prices.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
February 04, 2018, 09:38:03 AM
You can buy Bitcoin right now because most Asians have already dumped their Bitcoin last month for the Chinese New Year since people are spending a lot of money a month before the Chinese New Year. In addition, people spend time with their family at Chinese New Year, so I am very bullish about Bitcoin.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
February 04, 2018, 09:35:39 AM

I just waiting for another moment before chinese year. There will be more dip in my speculation. But this is my personal thought about that. The chart looks stable right because the latest red candle can't be considered as a significant dump after bigbearish. But in my opinion there will be a chance for crypto to get another green again at least to give a little jump before chinese year.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 04, 2018, 09:31:47 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with Chinese Spring Festival.
It is because of the recent bad news that countries have taken further regulation of bitcoin, and facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, which may be the reason, rather than the reason for the Spring Festival.
Merit: 0
February 04, 2018, 09:31:31 AM

It is already done! If you know about Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year then I could say Chinese and Korean was already cash out or 'crash' as what you called. People you usually cash out before the New Year around 2-week or even more.

That's a really good point. They'd probably know about it and that the majority of people would cash out during then, so it makes sense to cash out before it "officially" happens.

Now, the question is if/when the Westerners decide to cash out. Since most people probably expect a crash, they might sell.

Something like a self-fulfilling prophecy, but for the wrong reasons. Grin
Activity: 653
Merit: 183
February 04, 2018, 09:29:39 AM

It is already done! If you know about Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year then I could say Chinese and Korean was already cash out or 'crash' as what you called. People usually cash out before the New Year around 2-week or even more.
Activity: 123
Merit: 16
February 04, 2018, 09:28:48 AM
A week more and we should see 15k bitcoin with all the alts also going back up. Chinese are crazy.
February 04, 2018, 09:28:31 AM
To celebrate the new year , Chinese may sell their holding bitcoin with the market price.Which reflect further decrease in price,so it may be the best time to inverse your money.After the China new year,the price will start to raise again.So use both the option to shine in trading.

Do you think buying now and selling before the new year sounds profitable / makes sense?
Activity: 382
Merit: 109
February 04, 2018, 09:27:45 AM
To celebrate the new year , Chinese may sell their holding bitcoin with the market price.Which reflect further decrease in price,so it may be the best time to inverse your money.After the China new year,the price will start to raise again.So use both the option to shine in trading.
February 04, 2018, 09:25:12 AM
Yes, the Chinese New Year is certainly something very much anticipated, because it is said that in the Chinese new year bitcoin will cost a penny, because the Chinese will cash their money to celebrate the new year.

So, yeah, the anticipation for the crash makes sense then.I don't think btc will cost a penny but it's gonna be interesting to see the effects. I'm definitely not going to buy anything till then.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
February 04, 2018, 09:23:19 AM
Yes, the Chinese New Year is certainly something very much anticipated, because it is said that in the Chinese new year bitcoin will cost a penny, because the Chinese will cash their money to celebrate the new year.
February 04, 2018, 09:18:16 AM

Pages:
Jump to: