Pages:
Author

Topic: chopcoin.io - The new interactive Bitcoin game! - page 11. (Read 41552 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
I don't get the difference  Huh

Can you make an example calculation for old and new system?

Maybe it's this:

* before: each food blob was worth a certain amount of satoshi, and so the number of food blobs in the play area was limited by the amount that people had bought in with. At the end of the game any remaining food blobs are divided equally between the players. Sometimes if there was a lot of uneaten food in the play area it was +EV to buy in with 1 second remaining, because your share of the uneaten food was more than the buy-in.

* now: each food blob is only worth "points", which don't have a fixed BTC value, so the game can create them without constraint. At the end of the game the pot is divided between players in proportion to their mass, so there's always enough money in the pot to pay everyone. Uneaten food blobs aren't divided between players, so it's never +EV to buy in at the last second.

Am I close?

Perfect Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

Maybe it's this:

* before: each food blob was worth a certain amount of satoshi, and so the number of food blobs in the play area was limited by the amount that people had bought in with. At the end of the game any remaining food blobs are divided equally between the players. Sometimes if there was a lot of uneaten food in the play area it was +EV to buy in with 1 second remaining, because your share of the uneaten food was more than the buy-in.

* now: each food blob is only worth "points", which don't have a fixed BTC value, so the game can create them without constraint. At the end of the game the pot is divided between players in proportion to their mass, so there's always enough money in the pot to pay everyone. Uneaten food blobs aren't divided between players, so it's never +EV to buy in at the last second.

Am I close?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz
I try to connect this game to play but my little coputer can not do that. Does this game need a powerful pc or just what am I doing wrong?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
The pot play type is like the buy-in play type; that is, you still have to buy-in to play, but the key difference is that your buy-in (minus a small fee) is added to a total cash pot! At the end of the round, this pot is divided amongst all surviving players by means of their end score. The bigger you are at the end, the bigger your share of the pot!
Wasn't it always like this in Deathmatch? Except for showing the pot?

No its not the same because before you didn't collect points like now, you collected Satoshi and the value of points on the playground depended on the buy-ins. Now you collect points and the playground is filled up with points you can collect and the gameplay is faster and makes more fun because your winning is calculated from the points you own from all points.

The pot play type is like the buy-in play type; that is, you still have to buy-in to play, but the key difference is that your buy-in (minus a small fee) is added to a total cash pot! At the end of the round, this pot is divided amongst all surviving players by means of their end score. The bigger you are at the end, the bigger your share of the pot!

No its not the same because before you didn't collect points like now, you collected Satoshi and the value of points on the playground depended on the buy-ins. Now you collect points and the playground is filled up with points you can collect and the gameplay is faster and makes more fun because your winning is calculated from the points you own from all points.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
The new play type is online!!! Come and join us playing Smiley
Activity: 12
Yay another tournament! Gonna start practising to win it and provide y with my own personal skin  Cool
Dear Chopcoiners,

we still remember the joy and excitement we shared during our last tournament. However; it has been a while since we held our last tournament. Therefore we are glad to announce that there will be another event next Sunday on the 18. October 2015 21.00 UTC.

If you want to convert the time to your personal timezone you can use this website: http://everytimezone.com/

The buy-in will be 0.001 btc and there will be 2 rounds of 30 minutes each. Each round there will be a price pot of 0.1 btc plus the players buy-in fees which will be distributed among the players according to their respective size. This new playtype is called "Pot" and will be added today and replace the current buy-in playtype. For more info read at the bottom of this message. This allows for more "small" winners overall while still being profitable for the very best. Additionally the winner of the first round will be granted the possibility to hand in his own skin which will be available to all players on chopcoin.io shortly after.

Spread the word and we are looking forward to compete with you,

Your Chopcoin.io team

Chopcoin statistics

Registered users: 3210

Total "Faucet" rounds played: 3750

Total "Low Roller playground" rounds played: 364

Total "Main playground" rounds played: 66

Total "High Roller playground" rounds played: 43

Latest updates from 10/16/2015:

• Play type "Pot" will be added today.

Pot playtype

You can always see the current total pot at the bottom of the game screen when you are connected to a pot playground.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
Fresh concept !kinda seems like pacman actually eating some coins ! Cheesy .Do we have need any minimum amount to be a part of the game ?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
Hey ChopCoiners,

we have many new ideas we will integrate soon!

There will also be another possibility for buying-in for the payed playgrounds..
And we just look foward to the next tournament which will follow the next update Wink

See you soon ingame!
Although it was more or less, whoever got in the tournament first got the title of first but still it was really fun, looking forward to another one of those.
Activity: 16
Hey ChopCoiners,

we have many new ideas we will integrate soon!

There will also be another possibility for buying-in for the payed playgrounds..
And we just look foward to the next tournament which will follow the next update Wink

See you soon ingame!
I had a random though about tournaments. Last time, the first tournament was only promoted on twitter, and there wasn't that much preparation time. So maybe next time it be better to announce a upcoming tournament a couple days in advance so they can be promoted on reddit, twitter and other places. This would help to attract more new users, and give current users something to look forward to.

Just found the twitter, im happy to retweet out any news to my bitcoin followers.  Sites like this are really important to bitcoin, let us know if we can help promote.

We are happy for all support we can get so feel free to retweet all you want Smiley
I had a random though about tournaments. Last time, the first tournament was only promoted on twitter, and there wasn't that much preparation time. So maybe next time it be better to announce a upcoming tournament a couple days in advance so they can be promoted on reddit, twitter and other places. This would help to attract more new users, and give current users something to look forward to.

Thanks for the info. We are soon add an update to the gameplay and after that we start promoting again and make new tournaments.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Just found the twitter, im happy to retweet out any news to my bitcoin followers.  Sites like this are really important to bitcoin, let us know if we can help promote.
Update: 10/10/2015
  • Nickname is now also stored in local storage (when available)
  • Accounts are now locked for 15 minutes after 5 failed login attempts.
  • Email validation has been added to account registration.
  • The mobile version version got its much-needed update.
  • Multilanguage ui added. We will update all pages in the upcoming days.
Hey guys, sorry but right now we wont go the way that the page gets a betting game. We wrote it done and will maybe add that in an later update.
legendary
Activity: 812
Will there be a tournament this weekend?

A fun tournament mode would be one where mass size increases as normal, but you are only awarded points for eliminating other players completely - thus forcing people to take more chances and perhaps get eaten themselves. Not sure if that will be the outcome, but it could provide some interesting gameplay.

Also, it could be fun with a game mode where all players start out with a larger size, just to speed things up a bit in the start.

Talking about tournaments, It would be an interesting idea one tournament where players wager some coins (in order to fill the pot) and an option to allow visitors/audience to watch the game and to bet (back and lay) players' performance.

That's a suggestion, maybe it's viable. dunno...
Thats a great idea. Interesting angle.  Cool

I watched the whole of the last tournament. Betting and/or backing a given outcome certainly adds the interest for the spectator. 

Its a great idea but you have to watch for people manipulating the outcome.  You could have multiple accounts or teams of player colluding .
Activity: 632
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
Maybe it could work under a Parimutuel betting system or even a P2P back and lay matching bets system like Betting exchanges do.

I agree 100% that it would add more fun to watch the competitions.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Will there be a tournament this weekend?

A fun tournament mode would be one where mass size increases as normal, but you are only awarded points for eliminating other players completely - thus forcing people to take more chances and perhaps get eaten themselves. Not sure if that will be the outcome, but it could provide some interesting gameplay.

Also, it could be fun with a game mode where all players start out with a larger size, just to speed things up a bit in the start.

Talking about tournaments, It would be an interesting idea one tournament where players wager some coins (in order to fill the pot) and an option to allow visitors/audience to watch the game and to bet (back and lay) players' performance.

That's a suggestion, maybe it's viable. dunno...
Thats a great idea. Interesting angle.  Cool

I watched the whole of the last tournament. Betting and/or backing a given outcome certainly adds the interest for the spectator. 
Pages:
Jump to: