Pages:
Author

Topic: Christianity is Poison - page 3. (Read 52590 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2
October 11, 2018, 06:06:18 PM
What make religion Poison ? the fact you put together human idea of how they think about religion does not change the fact that religion has actually helped built some nation.. Every good thing always get to have a bad use because man will always want to take advantage of it. to me if one can truly study the essence of each religion and its founding principles work with that people will be more appreciative of it...

I dont think Religion is poison.. rather i think MAN IS POISON
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
October 11, 2018, 05:24:39 PM
Victims of a Christian Cult in North Carolina Will Speak Out in New A&E Series
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/10/10/victims-of-a-christian-cult-in-north-carolina-will-speak-out-in-new-ae-series/

Word of Faith Fellowship is a notorious church in Spindale, North Carolina where the congregation has beaten a gay member to get rid of his “homosexual demons,” shaken babies to banish their demons, used Brazilian worshipers as slaves, and committed unemployment fraud so worshipers would keep tithing. The church also controlled the sex lives of its congregation, including married couples (30-minute limit. No foreplay. No lights. Only missionary).

For years now, Associated Press reporter Mitch Weiss and others have been documenting the leader of that church, Jane Whaley, as well as speaking with survivors of their abuse.

Now the church and its victims will be the subjects of a new six-part documentary on A&E called The Devil Next Door. A brief trailer was just released online and notes the show will premiere on November 27.

https://youtu.be/Tq8FugisfBE
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 10, 2018, 01:02:38 PM
I find it amazing how many christians say that muslims need to speak out against terrorism, etc... but, when I show them the bad things their own group is doing, they are all like, "we shouldn't talk about religion, it's a sensitive topic"

So very hypocritical to ignore the flaws in your own group, but insist another group do something...

I believe Jesus said, "Remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from someone else's eye"

The problem with non-Christians who try to remove the log from their eye is, they focus on the log and get stuck in that focus.

Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved to everlasting life in joy and peace with God, in a new universe that exists without even a hint of problems or mistakes.

Why do you like the log that is stuck in your eye so much that you want to lose your salvation over it?

Cool
October 08, 2018, 10:06:23 PM
I find it amazing how many christians say that muslims need to speak out against terrorism, etc... but, when I show them the bad things their own group is doing, they are all like, "we shouldn't talk about religion, it's a sensitive topic"

So very hypocritical to ignore the flaws in your own group, but insist another group do something...

I believe Jesus said, "Remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from someone else's eye"
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
October 08, 2018, 09:20:57 PM
I think discussing religion is very sensitive. Whatever religion you believe as long as it brings good to you, others, the environment and the universe will be better. I believe all religions teach about the love of fellow human beings.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
October 06, 2018, 12:01:36 AM
Any religion is an attempt to escape from reality. This is a psychological crutch to hide from cognitive dissonances. Instead of creating their own mental health and learning to accept the world, people hide behind fantasy.
Hell, reddite karma became negative for a negative comment about religion.
This is madness. Believe in God and think that you are Napoleon Boanapart is one and the same. But the second is treated in a hospital, and the first is arguing with healthy (atheists) who are ill.
We will save the Russell Teapot.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 11:57:34 AM
Thinking Christianity as a poison seems to be a atheist belief. Only the atheist who are against all religions conclude with these unrealistic statements.
Your distain of Christianity is in my opinion blinding your objectivity. Yes sins have been committed in the name of Christianity. Human beings often embrace evil with or without religion. God teaches us how to improve if we listen.

The Catholic church is one of the many human institutions built to honor and serve God. All such institutions are guaranteed to have at best a pale and shallow understanding of God. If you are Catholic you believe the church is the best of these institutions with the most accurate understanding of God.

The Catholic Church is far from perfect. It has many flaws and many crimes have been committed in its name. At the same time it has contributed greatly to human progress.

The claim that science had advanced despite religion completely overlooks the fundamental relationship between God, progress, and freedom. The only reason we have come as far as we have is due to the organizational superstructure provided by the worship of God.

If you are interested in the logic behind this I would refer you to the following posts:
legendary
October 05, 2018, 10:02:11 AM

Mark 16:17-18 is not an instruction to go out and do the things it says. Rather, it is a way to comfort Christians by showing them that they are protected if things like this happen by accident, or through no wish of their own. However, there are many instances of the protection being there when the Christians do it actively.

Remember the time when Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness? Satan took Him to the top of the temple, and told Him to throw Himself down, quoting an O.T. passage that said that God would protect Him. Jesus responded with wording that said that you are not supposed to tempt or test God (Matthew 4:7).

If a Christian intentionally does things to himself that might harm him, he is tempting God. He is not acting as a Christian in those circumstances. Sure, God might protect him. But that is not what the Mark passages are there for. They exist to show the protection God gives for accidental self-harm that a Christian does, especially while he is working to spread the Gospel. Read the whole Bible area.

Many Christian poison-drinkers and snake-handlers have been hurt, or even killed, by their inappropriate testing of God.

Cool
October 05, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
legendary
October 03, 2018, 10:32:40 AM
I don't look at Christianity as a toxic substance when individuals live calmly, yet when individuals start to pass on due to this religion, it is now extremely a toxin. This applies to all religions, not simply Christianity.

Mental disease is harmful to your brain no matter if you go around killing people or you sit down, drooling all over you, waiting for your medication.

Religion is a mental disorder.  Refusal to accept reality, delusions, having visions or hearing voices, dogmatic stance when faced with evidence that invalidates one's religion.  It is a brain malfunction.

The greatest mental illness is to neglect being a Christian, or a better Christian.

Cool
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 03, 2018, 09:06:41 AM
I don't look at Christianity as a toxic substance when individuals live calmly, yet when individuals start to pass on due to this religion, it is now extremely a toxin. This applies to all religions, not simply Christianity.
October 03, 2018, 08:03:57 AM
Some people... when confronted with the truth... choose to make up fables and deny reality

Science is still investigating what makes religious people so adverse to truth and honesty... perhaps its a genetic anomaly due to evolution?
legendary
October 02, 2018, 01:49:44 PM
Christianity is a fiction. - There might be some countries where there is no Christianity. But all the major countries of the world have some Christianity in them. Christianity is definitely NOT a fiction.

It is a disease, a sickness, a pathology, a poison. - Christianity is the only way to everlasting life in peace and joy with God.

It has not been helpful to humanity in finding the truth in any sense. - Christianity is the only reason we have come out of the Dark Ages.

It has been trying to propagate lies so continuously that they have almost become truth. - Christianity has been telling truth so much, that it has brought the lies of other religions out into the open.

Jesus had never even heard the name Christianity. It has been imposed on him, he was not the founder of Christianity. - Jesus was not only the founder of Christianity, but He is the Messiah - Christ is only the Greek word for the Hebrew Messiah - Who created the universe with the Father.

His life was written eighty years after his death, by people who had not directly known him. - The apostles dictated the writings that they did not write themselves. These writings were copied by hand many times over before the time of the printing press. Now they are copied by computer, and all kinds of electronic digital means.

Now even Christian scholars have come to the conclusion that the Christian gospels were not written by the apostles but were written by somebody else, - You can find scholars who will say and agree to just about anything. because the mountains described are not in the same place where they are described in the gospels. The rivers described are not in the same place where they are described in the gospels. - Nobody had GPS back then, nor did they even use latitude and longitude.

Everything was written by people who had not known Jesus Christ, and neither had they lived with Jesus Christ.

Everything has been copied many times by people who did not known Jesus Christ, directly, or live with Jesus Christ, physically.

See how easy it is to straighten out your lies?

Cool
Activity: 700
Merit: 255
October 01, 2018, 01:08:04 AM
Christianity is not a Poison. It is the people who practice and they take it to the extreme level. They act they have phobias on people that have sins or are doing sinful act. Instead of helping them to get out of that rotting situation, they just judge them and tell that they should go to hell.

Well I'd like to think at some point in time before christianity got corrupted by evil men it was NOT poison but the christianity we have today is complete 100% dogshit the bible has been changed 1000x's over priests are molesting boys bible thumpers are forcing their moronic beliefs down other peoples throats it really does not do the world any good what so ever IMHO.
legendary
September 29, 2018, 06:04:56 PM
The Jehovah’s Witnesses Must Pay $35,000,000 to Abuse Survivor, Says Jury
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/09/28/the-jehovahs-witnesses-must-pay-35000000-to-abuse-survivor-says-jury/

Decades ago, at least two girls were allegedly abused by one of their family members. They handled the situation the only way they knew how: They told elders in the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Those elders didn’t alert outside authorities. Instead, they expelled the abuser from the congregation for all of one year before letting him back in. The abuse continued, as anyone would expect.

He never faced any real punishment.

The girls later filed a lawsuit against the religious organization claiming the Witnesses were “negligent and violated a Montana law that requires them to report abuse to outside authorities.”

A jury has now ruled in favor of one of the victims, saying the Witnesses owe her $35 million for what they did:

The jury awarded the 21-year-old woman $4 million for her injuries, plus $30 million in punitive damages against Watchtower and $1 million in punitive damages against the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, another Jehovah’s Witness corporation that communicates with congregations across the U.S.

The monetary award must be reviewed by the trial judge and could be reduced. A Montana law caps punitive damage awards at 3 percent of a company’s net worth or $10 million, whichever is less. A legal challenge to that law is pending before the Montana Supreme Court.
By knowing the truth and not alerting the proper authorities about the abuse, I believe that the court was just in their judgement and it's also not too late for the person who abused them to face justice as well.

The court only had authority because JWs let them. If anybody understands what is going on in American courts and government, they will find that the U.S. Government is a government of no authority. The reason people lose to them is that they think that the U.S. Government has some substance.

Cool
Activity: 266
Merit: 42
The rising tide lifts all boats
September 29, 2018, 04:49:32 PM
Another day, another christian convicted of sexually abusing children

Leader of Militant “Aggressive Christianity” Cult Gets 72 Years for Child Sex Abuse
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/09/29/leader-of-militant-aggressive-christianity-cult-gets-72-years-for-child-sex-abuse/
What synchrony, I just recently commented in Kavanaugh topic about Protestant attitudes to sex resulting in dysfunctions.
Krishna Consciousness ISKCON are also Abrahamic (masquerading as Vedic, which only the fools believe) and also guilty of numerous murders and sex offences.
September 29, 2018, 03:59:15 PM
Another day, another christian convicted of sexually abusing children

Leader of Militant “Aggressive Christianity” Cult Gets 72 Years for Child Sex Abuse
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/09/29/leader-of-militant-aggressive-christianity-cult-gets-72-years-for-child-sex-abuse/

When you hear about “militant atheists,” it’s usually in reference to people who argue online about how gods aren’t real. “Militant Christians,” on the other hand, are a different story.

In this case, Deborah Green, the leader of a “paramilitary religious sect” in New Mexico — Aggressive Christianity Missions Training Corps — was sentenced to 72 years in prison after being convicted in a child sex abuse case. Green dresses like a military officer and is called “the General” by her followers.

The case involved a victim who was reportedly kidnapped from Uganda as a baby, then abused and mistreated for years. The victim gave an emotional testimony at the hearing for Green’s sentencing, asking the judge to give her the maximum sentence.

“Emotionally, she broke me as a child to the point where I still today struggle with my own self-confidence, my self-esteem, my sense of worth,” the victim said.

The victim further spoke about what she described as years of torture by Green that she continues to struggle recovering from physically and emotionally, adding she’s had 11 surgeries to help fix broken bones.

“I’m reminded of how much I have to fight myself every day to not be sunken down into that low place again,” the victim said.

The victim asked District Court Judge James Sanchez to give 71-year-old Green the maximum sentence of 108 years.

Instead, he gave Green 72 years for three counts of child rape, two counts of kidnapping and one count of child abuse.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 29, 2018, 02:08:29 PM
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/09/28/the-jehovahs-witnesses-must-pay-35000000-to-abuse-survivor-says-jury/

Decades ago, at least two girls were allegedly abused by one of their family members. They handled the situation the only way they knew how: They told elders in the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Those elders didn’t alert outside authorities. Instead, they expelled the abuser from the congregation for all of one year before letting him back in. The abuse continued, as anyone would expect.

The girls later filed a lawsuit against the religious organization claiming the Witnesses were “negligent and violated a Montana law that requires them to report abuse to outside authorities.”

A jury has now ruled in favor of one of the victims, saying the Witnesses owe her $35 million for what they did:

The jury awarded the 21-year-old woman $4 million for her injuries, plus $30 million in punitive damages against Watchtower and $1 million in punitive damages against the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, another Jehovah’s Witness corporation that communicates with congregations across the U.S.

The monetary award must be reviewed by the trial judge and could be reduced. A Montana law caps punitive damage awards at 3 percent of a company’s net worth or $10 million, whichever is less. A legal challenge to that law is pending before the Montana Supreme Court.
By knowing the truth and not alerting the proper authorities about the abuse, I believe that the court was just in their judgement and it's also not too late for the person who abused them to face justice as well.
September 29, 2018, 08:09:43 AM

legendary
September 25, 2018, 10:20:45 AM
The religion itself is, quite questionable nowadays. But morals people get from the faith are quite nice.

People who get their morals from the bible are lucky they are not in prison...

The bible teaches people how to own slaves, how to beat your slaves, etc...

The bible says to take your disobedient child to the edge of town and stone him to death...

The bible says a woman who is raped must marry her rapist...

The bible says if your brother dies, you must marry his wife...

The bible says a lot of crazy shit... if you read the bible and aren't completely insane... congrats

You talk so silly. Go look at court records sometime. Court records are filled with all kinds of really bad, evil stuff that people have done to other people. You can read it for yourself.

Does this make courts bad, because they record all kinds of bad stuff? No, of course not. Why not? Because the records of the bad stuff show the corrections made in the court judgments.

Same with the Bible. The Bible shows corrections that were made to the bad stuff. In addition, the Bible shows the directives, and the people to whom those directives were made, for doing good stuff.

You are either ignorant of what the Bible says, or you are a liar... probably both.

Cool

Nobody with an IQ above 80 can defend the Bible moral code.  Bible moral code is as immoral as they come.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crazy-shit-bible-says-crazy-shit-christians-say-1367154

If you think the Bible moral code makes sense, you have no morals and/or were brainwashed by your Christian cult.

You have no idea what it means to have morals.

However, the brief examples that you show, do not include the things that are really going on from the Bible.

You can take any court case, and pull out one or two lines that sound bad. This doesn't really tell anybody anything about the case.

You are doing this with the Bible. In addition, you are simply badmouthing the Bible without offering any proof.

Sounds like you are the one with the less-than-80 IQ.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: