Pages:
Author

Topic: Christianity is Poison - page 4. (Read 52590 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 25, 2018, 10:03:33 AM
The religion itself is, quite questionable nowadays. But morals people get from the faith are quite nice.

People who get their morals from the bible are lucky they are not in prison...

The bible teaches people how to own slaves, how to beat your slaves, etc...

The bible says to take your disobedient child to the edge of town and stone him to death...

The bible says a woman who is raped must marry her rapist...

The bible says if your brother dies, you must marry his wife...

The bible says a lot of crazy shit... if you read the bible and aren't completely insane... congrats

You talk so silly. Go look at court records sometime. Court records are filled with all kinds of really bad, evil stuff that people have done to other people. You can read it for yourself.

Does this make courts bad, because they record all kinds of bad stuff? No, of course not. Why not? Because the records of the bad stuff show the corrections made in the court judgments.

Same with the Bible. The Bible shows corrections that were made to the bad stuff. In addition, the Bible shows the directives, and the people to whom those directives were made, for doing good stuff.

You are either ignorant of what the Bible says, or you are a liar... probably both.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
September 25, 2018, 09:27:04 AM
The religion itself is, quite questionable nowadays. But morals people get from the faith are quite nice.

People who get their morals from the bible are lucky they are not in prison...

The bible teaches people how to own slaves, how to beat your slaves, etc...

The bible says to take your disobedient child to the edge of town and stone him to death...

The bible says a woman who is raped must marry her rapist...

The bible says if your brother dies, you must marry his wife...

The bible says a lot of crazy shit... if you read the bible and aren't completely insane... congrats
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 24, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
I’m embarrassed of how I used to be. I remember getting a text from a girl I knew who I had damaged with my judgment. The text was seething, calling me a hypochristian (which is actually pretty clever) and a bigot. The worst part was that I didn’t care. I was on my own idiotic crusade, and there were casualties in spiritual warfare — right? Thankfully, due to spiritual and intellectual maturity, I no longer hold these views. The God I know now is nothing like the God I thought I knew then. I put the ways of childhood behind me, and I want to encourage others to do the same, for I still see many people who poison modern Christianity with their judgmental views.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
September 24, 2018, 03:51:56 PM
Activity: 8
September 24, 2018, 03:46:39 PM
If you drank or smoked, you were obviously not a Christian, and therefore, going to hell. If you were gay, it was a choice you made — and for you to have any hope of salvation, you would have to be abstinent for the rest of your life and beg God to forgive you. If you believed in evolution, you were wrong and would probably have to pay some consequences in heaven. More than anything, if you didn’t agree with my lifestyle and interpretation of the Bible then you were most likely among the damned, or at the very least living a watered-down brand of Christianity of which Christ would be ashamed. But my greatest fault of all was that I thought I knew. I was so confident!
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
September 24, 2018, 10:58:34 AM
IMO that religion is poison because most of the people do not understand what actually religion is.

Actually there is difference between religion and spirituality.   Mostly religious people are fanatic they think themselves only the right people.  They declare all other faiths to be wrong. 
Spiritual people are true religious people.  because they love humanity ; do not hate anybody not even any creatures or plants too.
September 24, 2018, 08:27:20 AM
Priest Who Thinks Gay People Should Be Put to Death Burns a Rainbow Flag
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/09/19/priest-who-thinks-gay-people-should-be-put-to-death-burns-a-rainbow-flag/

A priest who thinks homosexuals should be put to death, like the Bible says, has cut up and burned a rainbow pride flag… ignoring direct orders from the Archdiocese of Chicago.

Rev. Paul Kalchik, a Roman Catholic priest at Resurrection Parish in Chicago, announced earlier in the month that he would burn a rainbow flag that was previously displayed at the church (seen below during the church’s inaugural Mass). He reportedly compared the Church’s “homosexual scandal” to a modern Sodom and Gomorrah.

But the higher-ups at the Church vowed to stop to the ridiculous stunt before he went through with it.

When the Archdiocese of Chicago got wind of Kalchik’s plans to burn the rainbow flag, it told him he could not proceed. “We can confirm that the pastor has agreed not to move forward with these activities,” Anne Maselli, a spokesperson for the Archdiocese of Chicago, told The Windy City Times.

But despite the archdiocese’s request, Kalchik and some of his parishioners did move forward and burned the flag last Friday.

Kalchik, who has been with the church for 11 years, has been consistently anti-gay and clearly felt threatened by the presence of a rainbow flag. This one in particular had been hanging in Resurrection Parish since 1991 as a sign of respect to the local LGBTQ community. Kalchik’s insecurities drove him to destroy it even though Church leadership threatened to fire him.

“We [burned the flag] in a private way, a quiet way, so as not to bring the ire of the gay community down upon this parish,” Kalchik said in a lengthy interview Monday with NBC News. “It’s our full right to destroy it, and we did so privately because the archdiocese was breathing on our back.”

“We put an end to a depiction of our Lord’s cross that was profane,” he added, noting the flag had a cross and a rainbow intertwined. To use the image of the cross as anything other than a “reminder of our Lord’s passion and death,” he said, “is what we consider a sacrilege.”

Kalchik said that the archdiocese had told him not to burn the flag in front of the church, as planned.

“So in a quiet way we took matters into our own hands and said a prayer of exorcism over this thing,” he said. “It was cut into seven pieces, so it was burned over stages in the same fire pit that we used for the Easter vigil mass.”

So Kalchik’s not just a bigot, but a coward, too.

He justified his hate by saying the rainbow flag was a “profane” way to honor Jesus, but someone whose response to a symbol of outreach is to destroy it has more than just disagreement on his mind. He even admitted that he thinks gay people should be killed.

When asked about his views toward homosexuality, Kalchik was unequivocal, saying he’s “quite literal” when it comes to what the Bible says in Leviticus, Corinthians and Ephesians. Leviticus 20:13, according to the King James Bible, states: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: They shall surely be put to death.”

This person isn’t stable enough to run a mile, let alone a church. He is transparently bigoted, and he targets the most vulnerable people in our society. It’s not burning the flag itself that’s a problem because this isn’t about free speech. This is about the message Kalchik wants to send through his act of protest, which is one of pure hate and bigotry.

Is the Catholic Church in Chicago okay with that?
legendary
September 21, 2018, 10:27:10 AM
Remember this. The Bible is not a museum of Saints. It is a Laboratory of Sinners.

The images i have seen are not the Christianity I know
But the images that ANTI-Christians have perceive towards Christianity by Hatred.

If you study the morals of the Bible especially the new testament,
you would really see the difference between the CHRISTIAN on earth that the REAL CHRISTIANS.

What I mean, is there are Extreme Christians that see all the worldly and uncommmon things as EVIL.
But real Chrsitianity teaches everyone to be kind, humble and loving.
Clearly, many Churches and sectors did not follow these teachings appropraitey.

FAITH is what we need. not the religion.

Who knows, ma be the God of non-Chirstian sectors is te God the Christians know.

So they aren't True Christians™?

This is known as the "No True Scotsman Fallacy"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

A true Christian is one who believes in Jesus salvation from death to eternal life in Heaven, with God, in joy.

Cool
September 21, 2018, 10:23:43 AM
Remember this. The Bible is not a museum of Saints. It is a Laboratory of Sinners.

But the images that ANTI-Christians have perceive towards Christianity by Hatred.

you would really see the difference between the CHRISTIAN on earth that the REAL CHRISTIANS.

What I mean, is there are Extreme Christians that see all the worldly and uncommmon things as EVIL.

Who knows, ma be the God of non-Chirstian sectors is te God the Christians know.

So they aren't True Christians™?

This is known as the "No True Scotsman Fallacy"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
legendary
September 21, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
The laws of the state are always supreme in almost every part of the world. The rules and regulations in the church are always under the authority of the state. Consider a scenario where homosexuality and lesbianism is freely allowed in the church but the state is against homosexuality. All homosexuals would not feel comfortable in that particular country. I believe churches are mostly handicapped in most countries when it comes to issues of punishment and law enforcement.

Government is a religion.

Most religions are governments of spirituality, not of multitudes of issues between people.

Islam is a formal religion/government... as an example.

Suppose you are out on your own ship with a bunch of friends. You are outside, say, of any governmental land in what is known as international waters. You and your friends form a corporation on your ship, to, say, clean the oceans of plastic. Isn't your corporation a government? It has governmental structure for governing the corporation.

Does a church have organization within itself? Doesn't it have leaders who operate the church in government form? The church is a government. Each religion is a government. And when people believe in some government to help them, they have turned it into a religion for themselves.

Cool
Activity: 31
September 21, 2018, 03:09:12 AM

Activity: 98
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 09:07:15 PM
The laws of the state are always supreme in almost every part of the world. The rules and regulations in the church are always under the authority of the state. Consider a scenario where homosexuality and lesbianism is freely allowed in the church but the state is against homosexuality. All homosexuals would not feel comfortable in that particular country. I believe churches are mostly handicapped in most countries when it comes to issues of punishment and law enforcement.
legendary
September 20, 2018, 06:58:46 PM
Nice to see BADLogic helping bump my anti-christianity thread every day... thanks brah

Brooklyn Catholic Diocese to Pay Massive Settlement in Child Sexual Abuse Cases
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/19/headlines/brooklyn_catholic_diocese_part_of_massive_settlement_in_child_sexual_abuse_cases

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, New York, has agreed to pay out $27.5 million to four men who were sexually abused by a religious teacher between 2003 and 2009. It is one of the largest settlements ever awarded to abuse victims within the Catholic Church.

$27.5 million to 4 men...

How much is it going to cost to pay off the other thousands of people molested by catholic priests?

Will the the Catholic church have enough money to pay everyone this much?

Why are people still giving money to Catholic pedophile priests?

The Catholic Church isn't Christian. They only say that they are. You are off topic in your own topic.

Cool
Activity: 153
September 20, 2018, 09:30:39 AM
I think religions in general were created to suppress the minds of simple people so that they stop coming up with stupid ideas that disgrace humanity. But religion will definitely deem smart people inefficient to develop humanity.
September 20, 2018, 09:17:21 AM
Nice to see BADLogic helping bump my anti-christianity thread every day... thanks brah

Brooklyn Catholic Diocese to Pay Massive Settlement in Child Sexual Abuse Cases
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/19/headlines/brooklyn_catholic_diocese_part_of_massive_settlement_in_child_sexual_abuse_cases

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, New York, has agreed to pay out $27.5 million to four men who were sexually abused by a religious teacher between 2003 and 2009. It is one of the largest settlements ever awarded to abuse victims within the Catholic Church.

$27.5 million to 4 men...

How much is it going to cost to pay off the other thousands of people molested by catholic priests?

Will the the Catholic church have enough money to pay everyone this much?

Why are people still giving money to Catholic pedophile priests?
legendary
September 19, 2018, 01:47:31 PM

Pascal's wager has problems of it's own... for example, which God are you referring to?

If I believe in the Christian God, I cannot believe in the Hindu god(s)... If I believe in the Muslim God, I cannot believe in the Norse gods...

I suppose you could turn the proposition around... Figure out which religion has the worst version of hell to be afraid of... and join that religion

I'd like to think that if a god exists, he would appreciate me not believing in things without evidence.  God would appreciate me not blindly following the first religion that crossed my path.

I can't even imagine a god that would care more about what you *believe* rather than what you *do* (and if it was true, I would definitely NOT worship such a god)

The God of the universe is the only God. There are two categories regarding gods:
1. Different descriptions of the One God, thereby making it look like there are more than One;
2. Completely false descriptions, which do not pertain to any god.

Know the God of the universe exists, and then find the religion that describes Him best.

When you care about what you believe, you do it. If you don't (or at least don't try) then you don't really believe it.

Some of your thinking is right in line with what the God of the universe wants. Why is it this way? Because He placed it in you. You simply dug it out of the depths of your soul.

Cool
September 18, 2018, 08:29:42 AM
To believe or not to believe is the choice of the person himself. I personally like the quote, Blaise Pascal:
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
"If there is no God, and I believe in Him, I do not lose anything. But if God exists, and I do not believe in Him, I lose everything."

Pascal's wager has problems of it's own... for example, which God are you referring to?

If I believe in the Christian God, I cannot believe in the Hindu god(s)... If I believe in the Muslim God, I cannot believe in the Norse gods...

I suppose you could turn the proposition around... Figure out which religion has the worst version of hell to be afraid of... and join that religion

I'd like to think that if a god exists, he would appreciate me not believing in things without evidence.  God would appreciate me not blindly following the first religion that crossed my path.

I can't even imagine a god that would care more about what you *believe* rather than what you *do* (and if it was true, I would definitely NOT worship such a god)
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 14
September 18, 2018, 08:07:33 AM
To believe or not to believe is the choice of the person himself. I personally like the quote, Blaise Pascal:
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
"If there is no God, and I believe in Him, I do not lose anything. But if God exists, and I do not believe in Him, I lose everything."
September 18, 2018, 07:56:22 AM
What Moloch said about how senators, the police, the cops cannot make things illegal just because they say so is I believe to be false.

Perhaps an example would help?

A cop could not break into my house without a warrant, and tell me that alcohol is illegal for anyone under 80 years old.  Just because a cop or senator says something, does not make it a law.  If the cop were to arrest me for such a non-crime, he would get fired and probably put in jail himself.  I would have the right to sue the city for false imprisonment.

Sure, if enough senators get together with enough members of the house of representatives, they could write a law and make it illegal.  Then it would be up to the courts to uphold or overturn the law.

Your viewing this from the perspective that everything works in a proper way. Look at the idea of Marijuana. It's Illegal, and the government can say all they want that they are trying to prevent the circulation of it, and yet it's still there. Why? Because in some way or another, Officials help its circulation for their own benefits. And what better way to do it than using their power right? Just like what I said, Rules are dead and people are alive. Some people just take advantage of the rules since they can bend it to a certain extent without being punished. Doesn't this make it look that what is Illegal can be Legal?

I'm simply talking about the law, and what is legal or illegal.

If you want to talk about those in power being above the law, that is a completely different topic.  The fact that some people break laws and don't get punished has no bearing on whether the crime they committed was legal or illegal.

This argument started over BADLogic claiming things are illegal because a person says so... this is simply not the case... period... full stop.. end of story
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
September 18, 2018, 07:47:13 AM
What Moloch said about how senators, the police, the cops cannot make things illegal just because they say so is I believe to be false.

Perhaps an example would help?

A cop could not break into my house without a warrant, and tell me that alcohol is illegal for anyone under 80 years old.  Just because a cop or senator says something, does not make it a law.  If the cop were to arrest me for such a non-crime, he would get fired and probably put in jail himself.  I would have the right to sue the city for false imprisonment.

Sure, if enough senators get together with enough members of the house of representatives, they could write a law and make it illegal.  Then it would be up to the courts to uphold or overturn the law.

Your viewing this from the perspective that everything works in a proper way. Look at the idea of Marijuana. It's Illegal, and the government can say all they want that they are trying to prevent the circulation of it, and yet it's still there. Why? Because in some way or another, Officials help its circulation for their own benefits. And what better way to do it than using their power right? Just like what I said, Rules are dead and people are alive. Some people just take advantage of the rules since they can bend it to a certain extent without being punished. Doesn't this make it look that what is Illegal can be Legal?
Pages:
Jump to: