Pages:
Author

Topic: ckpool.org CLOSED - page 7. (Read 162561 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 300
February 10, 2020, 02:59:10 PM
Every bit's appreciated, but we really need more like 2EH.

So 2 blocks in one week with (less than) 2PH and then even less than 1PH... or am I wrong? At least that's what https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin reported anyway...

BTW my recent observations on multiple pools reveal a completely different/opposite picture than the popular opinion goes. Looks like smaller pools with fewer competing miners improve the overall pool efficiency, I guess it could be due to small pools by design/usage "relieve" the inevitable technical bottlenecks any large pool has. Just an intuitive guess of mine.

certainly looks to be a reporting error on someones part.

blockchain.info has that block at unknown not ckpool
If you look at the "pool" that blockchain.com says found it, it is 32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k which is also the top (#1) payout on ckpool. Not 100% on what it reports or who's account that is but it is a ckpool user at the very least.
I get this info

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/00000000000000000007c7186fd29956197dc96222b8db62334d73054efc33fc

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3P8sR3K8wAk3bom7tqpr5VrzCz9TVYNTQd

that address you mention is here

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k

does not show a block for 616785
Activity: 465
Merit: 309
February 10, 2020, 01:30:29 PM

So 2 blocks in one week with (less than) 2PH and then even less than 1PH... or am I wrong? At least that's what https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin reported anyway...

BTW my recent observations on multiple pools reveal a completely different/opposite picture than the popular opinion goes. Looks like smaller pools with fewer competing miners improve the overall pool efficiency, I guess it could be due to small pools by design/usage "relieve" the inevitable technical bottlenecks any large pool has. Just an intuitive guess of mine.

If you look at the "pool" that blockchain.com says found it, it is 32LA7cmsj35LH7cK1MjvwyoLEmYpuWAD9k which is also the top (#1) payout on ckpool. Not 100% on what it reports or who's account that is but it is a ckpool user at the very least.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
February 10, 2020, 01:15:22 PM

Activity: 210
Merit: 34
To be the man, you gotta beat the man...... WOOOOO
February 10, 2020, 12:55:56 PM
Your source does show that the last block found by CKPool (not solo) was 6 hours ago - if I am reading it correct.  However the btc.com block page shows the last block just shy of a year ago. 
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
February 10, 2020, 12:50:38 PM

Activity: 93
Merit: 11
February 07, 2020, 12:38:07 AM
Luck and having some mfg's point their testing/burn-in miners here would help a lot also.

But i think things might change later.

Counting on it!

ck, really appreciate your service to the community!   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
February 06, 2020, 07:44:55 PM
Luck and having some mfg's point their testing/burn-in miners here would help a lot also.

It doesn't help when the largest manufacturer operates their own pool AND pre-configures their miners to use it... But i think things might change later.
Activity: 83
Merit: 12
February 06, 2020, 11:20:19 AM
That's my question.  I read through every post of this thread and the glory days of finding 2 blocks in a day.  Why would so many people leave this pool for another when they are losing money with them?
Most people are obsessed with regular payments, and truth be told if a pool goes a long time without finding a block and the difficulty keeps rising, then you are losing money on that pool, even if it has no fee. Pools need to be above a minimum size to be feasible, and this pool has fallen below that size. Once it's below a certain size, more and more people leave it. Conversely when a pool is above a certain size, more and more people join it. It's a vicious cycle that once you're beyond the event horizon there's nothing you can do. Advertising and getting in early and fancy features are the only thing that attract miners when establishing a base, and this pool has none of those. It missed its chance of becoming big a long time ago, and it's not likely to ever recover now. I'm keeping it running as a service to the community now, but I don't have much hope for its future.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
February 05, 2020, 06:46:04 PM
That's my question.  I read through every post of this thread and the glory days of finding 2 blocks in a day.  Why would so many people leave this pool for another when they are losing money with them?
Most people are obsessed with regular payments, and truth be told if a pool goes a long time without finding a block and the difficulty keeps rising, then you are losing money on that pool, even if it has no fee. Pools need to be above a minimum size to be feasible, and this pool has fallen below that size. Once it's below a certain size, more and more people leave it. Conversely when a pool is above a certain size, more and more people join it. It's a vicious cycle that once you're beyond the event horizon there's nothing you can do. Advertising and getting in early and fancy features are the only thing that attract miners when establishing a base, and this pool has none of those. It missed its chance of becoming big a long time ago, and it's not likely to ever recover now. I'm keeping it running as a service to the community now, but I don't have much hope for its future.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
February 05, 2020, 06:14:22 PM
I think I've been on for a year now or so.  Happy to do so.  Hoping more folks see the light. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 34
To be the man, you gotta beat the man...... WOOOOO
February 05, 2020, 10:52:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
February 05, 2020, 10:42:00 AM

I think about 100 PH would do the magic. One wonders how so many EHs remain in some other pools despite losing so much in pool fees. Perhaps things will improve once large mining becomes unprofitable (especially in China).

Or, maybe you just need to pay someone to do a Chinese and Russian translation of the site?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
February 04, 2020, 12:00:41 AM
Activity: 83
Merit: 12
February 03, 2020, 11:57:13 PM
Pointed about 2PH your way ckpool! Maybe it will help whom ever gets that 3.5 reward Smiley Good luck! Smiley

Awesome!  Here's hoping for block tuesday!
Activity: 11
Merit: 1
February 02, 2020, 11:41:26 PM
Pointed about 2PH your way ckpool! Maybe it will help whom ever gets that 3.5 reward Smiley Good luck! Smiley
Activity: 6
January 20, 2020, 06:41:58 AM
i am happy to be part of this minning pool for about 7 months i hope a good result i have hope
3Lu45sNiXdReroWXiDCAQtybMLcv514bv5
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
January 11, 2020, 02:33:53 PM
It's been a while here. 2/27/2019 pending time zone.

The last block found was 2/28/2019 where I live  Grin

Hi
Why not show time for last block find ?

You can use this website to track last found block https://btc.com/stats/pool/CKPool

it works for all mining pools and not just Ckpool, it will give you a full report of all blocks found in the past.

Activity: 93
Merit: 11
January 11, 2020, 01:40:30 PM

Not for a lack of trying tho!
 Wink
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
January 10, 2020, 10:14:36 PM
Activity: 15
January 09, 2020, 06:24:15 PM
Hi
Why not show time for last block find ?
Pages:
Jump to: