Pages:
Author

Topic: Class action Litigation vs. Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD & Intersango LTD - page 3. (Read 26991 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Well at this point Id say keep posting NDA information atleast then someone in charge will come out of the shadows to sue you then everyone can sue that person.

As things go right now, no one is being held accountable.

Reminds me of mybitcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Well at this point Id say keep posting NDA information atleast then someone in charge will come out of the shadows to sue you then everyone can sue that person.

As things go right now, no one is being held accountable.
Wat
I thought the emails were published on this thread? I did a refresh and the emails were gone.  Angry

Amir was almost certainly breaching the NDA by posting them.  It's possible that they were removed for legal reasons. Wish I'd scxreen-capped them now, not to post them but to digest them more fully - I only did a quick read through of the most important points.

The question is did genjix remove them or a mod ?

That leads to which mod would do so and why Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
Did I imagine it or did a heap of posts just disappear ?

Nope.. I just finished reading them, and their gone.
Activity: 868
I thought the emails were published on this thread? I did a refresh and the emails were gone.  Angry

Amir was almost certainly breaching the NDA by posting them.  It's possible that they were removed for legal reasons. Wish I'd screen-capped them now, not to post them but to digest them more fully - I only did a quick read through of the most important points.  Wish I'd clicked on the links to the pdfs too.
Wat
Did I imagine it or did a heap of posts just disappear ?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
I thought the emails were published on this thread? I did a refresh and the emails were gone.  Angry
There's tons of this stuff, and it's frankly all rather petty. Hope it helps clarify the situation anyway. How complicated the situation is and stuff.

Anything else is probably irrelevant to the main issues and would probably confuse people even more.  While I think those communications contained some information which users may not like, they make clear that the parties concerned were acting in good faith to address the issues.  While I'm sure the manner in which it was delivered might have stung, the majority of the advice Tihan gave you in those communications was sound, just in case you're wondering.
i'm having a hard time grokking the rest of my emails, but those are the first ones i think. the second part (where bitcoinica consultancy is formed) moves to yahoo and happens much later (after 2 weeks or so)

Thanks Amir.  I thought I knew what Tihan had been talking about in his previous posts with regard to the general partnership and who was liable at the time of the Rackspace intrusion and what you just posted confirms it. 

I'll probably have more to add when I've read it in more depth.
I don't have the contact of anyone from Bitcoinica LP to ask them...

Easy questions:

Who is Bitcoinica LP?  Who are the officers?  Who owns it?  How can you possibly have been taking over/working for/whatever a company and not know who they are?

I think Amir means that he doesn't know how to contact any of the limited partners (according to what's been posted in the past, the majority limited partner is an investment fund which Tihan was representing).

Bitcoinica LP is a Limited Partnership, not a company.  It would not have directors - it has a general partner and at least one limited partner (Tihan implied that there was more than one).  The General Partner - Bitcoinica Consultancy Limited - does have directors (by law, it must have at least one director and one shareholder - these can be the same person). 

Amir, the identity of the limited partners should be in the partnership agreement.  It will likely be a company or a trust of some kind, but there will be some kind of public record of that entity in the jurisdiction where it was created.  That public record will include an official contact and registered address.  It will likely be an accountant or a lawyer but the important thing is that it's the official point of contact and that communication through that point of contact is deemed to have been made with the company/trust.  You need to get your lawyer to follow this up if you have no contact details for the limited partner/s.  You need to understand that the limited partners will sure as hell be consulting their lawyers at the moment and that they may not be willing to talk to you except through lawyers.

Whether the principals of Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd are in agreement on how to proceed or not, you need to keep talking to each other and try to reach agreement about the next step.  You should involve a lawyer in this process as the terms of the partnership agreement as well as laws regulating NZ companies need to be considered.

+1

And here's a suggestion from me: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1039536

Also guys, I understand this is a shitty situation, and there's a lot of accusations thrown at the BC guys, and we really don't know the truth at this point. So BC guys, seek help, get assistance, I'm sure many trusted members on the forum would be happy to help. Ignoring the problems will not make them go away..

Easy questions:

Who is Bitcoinica LP?  Who are the officers?  Who owns it?  How can you possibly have been taking over/working for/whatever a company and not know who they are?

I think Amir means that he doesn't know how to contact any of the limited partners (according to what's been posted in the past, the majority limited partner is an investment fund which Tihan was representing).

Bitcoinica LP is a Limited Partnership, not a company.  It would not have directors - it has a general partner and at least one limited partner (Tihan implied that there was more than one).  The General Partner - Bitcoinica Consultancy Limited - does have directors (by law, it must have at least one director and one shareholder - these can be the same person). 

Amir, the identity of the limited partners should be in the partnership agreement.  It will likely be a company or a trust of some kind, but there will be some kind of public record of that entity in the jurisdiction where it was created.  That public record will include an official contact and registered address.  It will likely be an accountant or a lawyer but the important thing is that it's the official point of contact and that communication through that point of contact is deemed to have been made with the company/trust.  You need to get your lawyer to follow this up if you have no contact details for the limited partner/s.  You need to understand that the limited partners will sure as hell be consulting their lawyers at the moment and that they may not be willing to talk to you except through lawyers.

Whether the principals of Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd are in agreement on how to proceed or not, you need to keep talking to each other and try to reach agreement about the next step.  You should involve a lawyer in this process as the terms of the partnership agreement as well as laws regulating NZ companies need to be considered.

vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

Easy questions:

Activity: 532

What exactly shall be the goal to be reached by legal action?
Please clarify!

• (1) we want to destroy Intersango exchange
  • (2) we want to ruin Core credit finnancially
  • (3) we want to destroy the reputation of Zhoutong, Tihan, Donald, Patrick and Amir and turn them into "persona non grata"
  • (4) we want to destroy the economical existence of above mentioned people
  • (5) we want to force those folks to collaborate with the police to chase the hacker(s) and put them in jail
  • (6) we want to construct a case of precedence, so that in future no 17-year old entrepreneur without proper business education and governmental approvement can start a hightly profitable business.
  • (7) we want to get our money back

Just decide on what the real goal should be.
Then decide what strategy could lead us to that goal,
and if it is feasible and likely to reach that goal.

Plesase, folks, really do that, instead of
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
guessing
...one hundred further pages in this forum....

7, we are all for 7, we couldn't care less about anything else.

LOL. At this point, there isn't really going to be any money to be returned, so I have no idea how you guys think that is a viable goal of a lawsuit.

IMO, the real goal should be preventing these people from losing (or more likely stealing) customer funds again. IMO, the correct way to prevent this is incarceration of the guilty parties

When someone has a criminal proceeding started, I'll be much more interested. Until then, I suspect this is a massive waste of time - there's no one left to sue.
Activity: 504
All the people know the fact that lastpass master key=API key should explain when the hack happened, what was they doing and who was they hang out with.

At the very least they could post the log from LastPass that should show someone other than the owner logged into it....
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
All the people know the fact that lastpass master key=API key should explain when the hack happened, what was they doing and who was they hanging out with.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
Who owns Bitcoinica LP  Huh

Im confused since no one seems to be taking ownership of it.

Do you think any involved want to be left holding this hot potato?
No, of course not. Everyone is trying to run, if they they can, before that hot potato is thrown in their direction.

From what genjix said, I think he means the original team, own it right now, but they all quit or was fired...
Wat
Who owns Bitcoinica LP  Huh

Im confused since no one seems to be taking ownership of it.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
Sane question before the trolls come in: Is Bitcoinica LP is heading for a receivership?

Also what's up with Donald?

We don't think it's a good idea now to touch the funds from Bitcoinica. We probably shouldn't have even taken on the claims process in the first place, but the pressure was immense and we wanted people to get paid back.

Was Patrick handling the claims process by himself ?

No, multiple people had access to the claims process (including me). However, I believe it was Patrick and Tihan who had access to the funds. I'm don't think Tihan actually sent any payments. I think Patrick did all the MtGox USD payments, whereas BTC was done by many people (due to how bitcoins work).
Pages:
Jump to: