Pages:
Author

Topic: Class action Litigation vs. Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD & Intersango LTD - page 9. (Read 26991 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Per aspera ad astra!
Not in as I had nothing in there, but good luck.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
I am in
5021 bitcoins. Got nothing back so far. I cant really contribute to legal fees right now however.

I am willing to "drop" any charges if I were reimbursed at any point.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
In the US, an officer of a corporation is required to do whatever is necessary to safeguard the assets of said corporation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe Genjix *purposely* refusing to call the police will make him criminally liable, and for this fact alone he could face jail time.  Make sure you pursue this with the lawyer.  I don't have enough invested to make this worth my while, but I wish you the best of luck.

This situation is horrible.  At the very least a bunch of people where extremely negligent, and I also don't think the possibility of something more nefarious can be discounted.  That being said, I'm beginning to feel very uneasy about the growing witch-hunt mentality.  I don't know what the solution is for those of you with large losses.  I don't want to come off as minimizing the impact some of the losses have on some of you, but I also would hate to see somebody's life ruined by jail time because of negligence.  If something nefarious has been going on, then that's a different matter, and though I think things look suspicious, I think we ought to be careful about the charges we levy against people.

This is the real world, real money, real people.

Those in charge were prepared to make the profits one way or another thus their liable on the flip side is just as important, if this ruins the people in charge perhaps they will think longer next time around before trying to stick their heads in a cave where it doesnt belong from the start.

I understand that.  I really don't have anything else to say.  I guess the lawyers are going to have to sort it out from here.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
In the US, an officer of a corporation is required to do whatever is necessary to safeguard the assets of said corporation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe Genjix *purposely* refusing to call the police will make him criminally liable, and for this fact alone he could face jail time.  Make sure you pursue this with the lawyer.  I don't have enough invested to make this worth my while, but I wish you the best of luck.

This situation is horrible.  At the very least a bunch of people where extremely negligent, and I also don't think the possibility of something more nefarious can be discounted.  That being said, I'm beginning to feel very uneasy about the growing witch-hunt mentality.  I don't know what the solution is for those of you with large losses.  I don't want to come off as minimizing the impact some of the losses have on some of you, but I also would hate to see somebody's life ruined by jail time because of negligence.  If something nefarious has been going on, then that's a different matter, and though I think things look suspicious, I think we ought to be careful about the charges we levy against people.

This is the real world, real money, real people.

Those in charge were prepared to make the profits one way or another thus their liable on the flip side is just as important, if this ruins the people in charge perhaps they will think longer next time around before trying to stick their heads in a cave where it doesnt belong from the start.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Class action litigation involving these sums of money can be paid with percentage fee if case is won.

This is a much better approach than just losing all the money by doing nothing so I am sure you would find a competent lawyer who would take on this case free of charge until money is claimed.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I'm in. 1k BTC and 900 USD.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
I have around 300btc in bitcoinica, and a 500btc long.
I'm not a big fish, but i'm obv in if possible
aq
Activity: 238

I still think you are barking the wrong tree, genjix is "only" their workhorse, while Patrick and Donald where the C-something-Os, that made all those bad decisions that eventually led to the current mess.
Activity: 134
I only had 50btc there to collect interest. It isn't much but I'd like it back.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
I'm in...no questions asked.

If anyone is in NYC and wants to discuss this, feel free to come by the Bitinstant office on 23rd and Broadway

Excellent stance Charlie.. 

I applaud this..    Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

donator
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Hello,

my lawyer told me that they probably wouldn't take it unless the sum is at least half a million (pounds, presumably, I forgot to ask) and that it's possible we won't be able to get back more than the half of it.

edit: The summary of claims that was originally here was removed and is being continued privately.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
some of us have interesting things that might be of use but we don't want to pass it out to people who are not lawyers representing us.
THIS
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I have 24,841BTC on deposit with Bitcoinica.
I would like it back. 

Holy shit!  That was painful to even just read!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I'm in. Missing approx $8000 and BTC500. Was using bitcoinica to earn interest on USD only.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin

If anyone is in NYC and wants to discuss this, feel free to come by the Bitinstant office on 23rd and Broadway

btw: sweet office saw the pictures on twitter!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

Pages:
Jump to: