Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 193. (Read 2145041 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 25, 2016, 02:06:40 PM
Thank you for the update.  Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
September 25, 2016, 01:22:05 PM
ETH+XMR will not work properly.
but maybe option to set ETH on one card and XMR on another? ;P
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
September 25, 2016, 11:24:44 AM
ETH+XMR will not work properly.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
September 25, 2016, 11:21:41 AM
Currently no updates for Linux:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16070547

Within 24 hours I will release an update with remote monitoring support, you will be able to use EthMan 2.0 from dual miner.

So the Ethman will display ETH and XMR rigs on the same dashboard?
This will be great and will be a huge benifit running multi rigs.

Yes it will work. But if you have both ETH and XMR rigs in same dashboard it will incorrectly calculate total hashrate (it just adds all hashrates for all ETH and XMR rigs) and display "MH/s" instead of "KH/s" for XMR. EthMan has option for speed units but you cannot set if for every rig personally, only for all rigs at once.

OK - thats good for me... as long as management dashboard is centralized.

Just a thought, maybe just combining ETH and XMR dual mining with DCR/SIA/LBRY, all together as one single Claymore project would be best as this will be more productive from coding, maintaining, development  side of things and giving miners choice of coins to mine. Today, ETH and XMR are hot ASIC resistant coins that are above 10$, excludes DASH, LTC etc. maybe soon.... we will see ETH, XMR Dual Miner with DCR, SIA and LBRY or just call it "Claymore Dual Multi-miner"  Grin
But could XMR be dual miner with LBC/DCR/SIA? or may it be better coins to dual mine with XMR?

as I understand it from Claymore's past posting.... Cryptonight is also a memory intensive algo, just like ETHash for ETH mining... so the two will compete with memory - not a good idea. So XMR mining with 2nd coins like LBC, DCR, SIA will surely be feasible.

OK ok I understood,  but I only wonder if XMR use exact the same "piece" of memory as Ethash Cheesy

i wonder if Claymore's new miner can do 4GB on XMR and 4 GB on ETH using the same memory controller. XMR doesnt  use the memory as intensive as ETH so there might be a chance that XMR and ETH can mine together... hmmmm this is getting interesting. If only Claymore can give us a clue on the new miner features?
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
September 25, 2016, 11:03:03 AM
Claymore, could be Monero dual mined with any other coin? Like ETHash with SIA/LBR/DCR ?
Are such cryptocurrency that can be mined with Monero?

Yes.

Just a thought, maybe just combining ETH and XMR dual mining with DCR/SIA/LBRY, all together as one single Claymore project would be best as this will be more productive from coding, maintaining, development  side of things and giving miners choice of coins to mine. Today, ETH and XMR are hot ASIC resistant coins that are above 10$, excludes DASH, LTC etc. maybe soon.... we will see ETH, XMR Dual Miner with DCR, SIA and LBRY or just call it "Claymore Dual Multi-miner"  Grin

Yes I think you will see it, in a few weeks, it's quite a lot of work, but I'm working on it already. To speedup it, may be I will release intermediate versions with partial dual mining support for XMR.

Would love this, I'd definitely use intermediate versions if available.
September 25, 2016, 10:08:33 AM

Within 24 hours I will release an update with remote monitoring support, you will be able to use EthMan 2.0 from dual miner.

Yes it will work. But if you have both ETH and XMR rigs in same dashboard it will incorrectly calculate total hashrate (it just adds all hashrates for all ETH and XMR rigs) and display "MH/s" instead of "KH/s" for XMR. EthMan has option for speed units but you cannot set if for every rig personally, only for all rigs at once.

Just a thought, maybe just combining ETH and XMR dual mining with DCR/SIA/LBRY, all together as one single Claymore project would be best as this will be more productive from coding, maintaining, development  side of things and giving miners choice of coins to mine. Today, ETH and XMR are hot ASIC resistant coins that are above 10$, excludes DASH, LTC etc. maybe soon.... we will see ETH, XMR Dual Miner with DCR, SIA and LBRY or just call it "Claymore Dual Multi-miner"  Grin
But could XMR be dual miner with LBC/DCR/SIA? or may it be better coins to dual mine with XMR?

as I understand it from Claymore's past posting.... Cryptonight is also a memory intensive algo, just like ETHash for ETH mining... so the two will compete with memory - not a good idea. So XMR mining with 2nd coins like LBC, DCR, SIA will surely be feasible.

OK ok I understood,  but I only wonder if XMR use exact the same "piece" of memory as Ethash Cheesy
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
September 25, 2016, 08:34:36 AM
Claymore, could be Monero dual mined with any other coin? Like ETHash with SIA/LBR/DCR ?

Yes.

Just a thought, maybe just combining ETH and XMR dual mining with DCR/SIA/LBRY, all together as one single Claymore project would be best as this will be more productive from coding, maintaining, development  side of things and giving miners choice of coins to mine. Today, ETH and XMR are hot ASIC resistant coins that are above 10$, excludes DASH, LTC etc. maybe soon.... we will see ETH, XMR Dual Miner with DCR, SIA and LBRY or just call it "Claymore Dual Multi-miner"  Grin

Yes I think you will see it, in a few weeks, it's quite a lot of work, but I'm working on it already. To speedup it, may be I will release intermediate versions with partial dual mining support for XMR.

wow... Mr. Claymore... your miner will be the ultimate GPU miner if this is the case and will be a very good service to the mining community - worth every dev fee. Good job!
donator
Miners developer
September 25, 2016, 08:26:01 AM

Yes.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
September 25, 2016, 08:21:32 AM

September 25, 2016, 08:16:21 AM

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
September 25, 2016, 08:12:41 AM

September 25, 2016, 08:03:03 AM
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
September 25, 2016, 06:44:46 AM
Wonderful Claymore, thank you Wink
donator
Miners developer
September 25, 2016, 06:20:46 AM

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
September 25, 2016, 06:07:13 AM

Activity: 952
Merit: 508
September 25, 2016, 06:02:10 AM
v9.6:

- Added remote monitoring, see "-mport" option and "Remote manager" folder. Note that only remote monitoring is supported, other commands in EthMan don't work.
- Added temperature management for 4xx cards.
- Added coloring, see "-colors" option.

Thanks, running 9.6 now -- any ETA on when dual miner version will be released?
donator
Miners developer
September 25, 2016, 05:44:32 AM
v9.6:

- Added remote monitoring, see "-mport" option and "Remote manager" folder. Note that only remote monitoring is supported, other commands in EthMan don't work.
- Added temperature management for 4xx cards.
- Added coloring, see "-colors" option.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 24, 2016, 08:13:29 PM
I'm concerned about heat management. How does "-tt" work?
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
September 24, 2016, 07:27:16 PM

Its ok Smiley
September 24, 2016, 01:17:09 PM
Could be possible dual miner with monero Cheesy?
Jump to: