Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1110. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Hello,

I am finally able to run version 7.1 on ubuntu 16.04
However - when started in an ssh session it gives me segmentation fault. Doesn't happen from the local console. I can post whatever information you require to track down the bug. It should be easy to reproduce however ?

Thanks !

Well, I don't like Linux (I have enough reasons for that) and its problems that are often called as "features".
Please start Genoil's miner, or original ethminer. If it works from ssh, I need to know more about your setup/config and I will check it because it can be another "feature" from Linux that I can fix. If it does not work too, say thanks to Linux, it's a "feature", not a bug.

ethminer runs from ssh.

Here is the error I get:

[   13.452864] ethdcrminer64[1092]: segfault at 110 ip 00007f13d3eead22 sp 00007ffeeb18c9e8 e
rror 4 in libdrm_amdgpu.so.1.0.0[7f13d3ee7000+a000]

This is when trying to execute it as a cron job on startup. Same issue as starting it from ssh.
Hope that helps !

I could set up a test linux system and give you access if you don't have one ? I could throw one rx470 in it - that should be enough ?

I have several versions of Ubuntu, 480 cards etc - I just want to know how to reproduce the problem. Not from startup, don't want to reboot every time. How to see the problem from ssh? Step by step please. You can PM me instead of writing here.

I´m also having a segmentation fault error when running Claymore 7.0 on clean Ethos 1.11 with admgpu drivers. Will reproduce and post procedure asap.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Does your overclocking feature actually work with Windows 10? I'm trying to overclock my RX 480's a very bit, but whenever I run the miner after using your overclocking commands, I get the blue screen of Something Went Wrong and then the system restarts... Is it because of Windows 10? Should I try to use Windows 7 instead?

I'm getting 24 Mh/s with my each RX 480 with some big power, I'd love to have more efficient hash rate if I can have. Not mining two coins either, just the Ether.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hello,

However - when started in an ssh session it gives me segmentation fault. Doesn't happen from the local console. I can post whatever information you require to track down the bug. It should be easy to reproduce however ?

Thanks !

Well, I don't like Linux (I have enough reasons for that) and its problems that are often called as "features".
Please start Genoil's miner, or original ethminer. If it works from ssh, I need to know more about your setup/config and I will check it because it can be another "feature" from Linux that I can fix. If it does not work too, say thanks to Linux, it's a "feature", not a bug.

ethminer runs from ssh.

Here is the error I get:

[   13.452864] ethdcrminer64[1092]: segfault at 110 ip 00007f13d3eead22 sp 00007ffeeb18c9e8 e

This is when trying to execute it as a cron job on startup. Same issue as starting it from ssh.
Hope that helps !

I could set up a test linux system and give you access if you don't have one ? I could throw one rx470 in it - that should be enough ?

I have several versions of Ubuntu, 480 cards etc - I just want to know how to reproduce the problem. Not from startup, don't want to reboot every time. How to see the problem from ssh? Step by step please. You can PM me instead of writing here.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Hello,

Thanks !

ethminer runs from ssh.

Here is the error I get:

[   13.452864] ethdcrminer64[1092]: segfault at 110 ip 00007f13d3eead22 sp 00007ffeeb18c9e8 e

Hope that helps !

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Does anyone was able to run stable this miner in Ubuntu 14.04 or EthOS?

I couldn´t figure any stable settings yet. Genoil miner is working ok, and claymore dual also ok in Win 8.1.

CLAYMORE RUNS IN ETHOS--

On most of my rigs, Claymore is very stable.  It is easy to set up!  Make a directory for Claymore in the home directory, copy the Linux binaries there, make sure libjansson is installed, and run Claymore as described in the Claymore README!!!.txt.  The command "sudo-apt-get-ubuntu install libjansson*" will install all of libjansson.  Don't forget the asterisk.  And, turn off mining in EthOS with "disallow" and "minestop".  If your launch script is ready, launch Claymore.

Just a note: Claymore's README!!!.txt is mistaken for a BASH script in a Linux console.  It needs to be renamed with "mv READ*.txt readme.txt".  I could not open it to read without renaming it.       --scryptr

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hello,

Thanks !

Activity: 27
Hello,

Thanks !
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Try commenting out the line below:

#export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
I did it a month ago.
But I found solution: miner starts if I run it from tty console (I've to do it locally, not over ssh) and it crashes if I trying to run it any other way, so I can't use autorun after server reboot.

what process list: ps (ps -aux/or htop?? sorry I am weak in linux) shows you
I have simillar problem, after upgarding to 7.1
and I noticed that after reboot there is miner process which turn on in the background,
I have to fix it.. Till now I have to kill this process manualy if I need to reboot my rig
Activity: 5

I did it a month ago.
But I found solution: miner starts if I run it from tty console (I've to do it locally, not over ssh) and it crashes if I trying to run it any other way, so I can't use autorun after server reboot.
Activity: 25
Trying to start with 6 RX 480 on Linux Ubuntu 16.04:

Code:
$ ./ethdcrminer64 -dcri 42 -dpool "http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=****&worker=rig2" -dcoin sia -etha 2

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ͻ
?        Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC GPU Miner v7.1         ?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ͼ

ETH: 4 pools are specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008
SC: 1 pool is specified
Main Siacoin pool is siamining.com:9980
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

In dmesg:

Code:
[  300.907287] ethdcrminer64[4050]: segfault at 110 ip 00007f4818e222d4 sp 00007ffc4c39e708 error 4 in libdrm_amdgpu.so.1.0.0[7f4818e1e000+7000]

Is anyone has experienced the same behavior?

Activity: 5
Trying to start with 6 RX 480 on Linux Ubuntu 16.04:

Code:
$ ./ethdcrminer64 -dcri 42 -dpool "http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=****&worker=rig2" -dcoin sia -etha 2

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ͻ
?        Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC GPU Miner v7.1         ?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ͼ

ETH: 4 pools are specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008
SC: 1 pool is specified
Main Siacoin pool is siamining.com:9980
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

In dmesg:

Code:
[  300.907287] ethdcrminer64[4050]: segfault at 110 ip 00007f4818e222d4 sp 00007ffc4c39e708 error 4 in libdrm_amdgpu.so.1.0.0[7f4818e1e000+7000]

Is anyone has experienced the same behavior?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
You can check profitability here:
http://whattomine.com/merged_coins/7-eth-lbc

But hqve on mind lbc price varies very much
cannot open the link
can you say, how much hashes gives one rx480?

depends on the 480

I bought a asus 4gb 480 and that turd does 22 mhash

I have a red devil 8gb 480 and it runs 25 mhash

A 470 will do 22 well the red devil ones

Pretty much any 8GB 470 or 480 will be 8GHz memory and do ~24.5-25 MH.  4GB cards tend to be 7Ghz or 6.6 Ghz  and will do 22 or 21MH.  8GB cards (Sapphire anyway) all have Samsung memory (better OC ability), 4GB cards tend to have Hynix (Micron), and not as good memory OC.  Either way, profitability profit of either will be similar since slower memory cards dual mine second coin a bit faster.  My preffered card is Sapphire 470 8GB.
Activity: 19
its working but im getting the following:

Code:
00:41:46:874 fdc1e780 ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
00:41:46:874 fdc1e780 º        Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC GPU Miner v7.1         º
00:41:46:874 fdc1e780 ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
00:41:46:874 fdc1e780
00:41:47:075 fdc1e780 ETH: 4 pools are specified
00:41:47:075 fdc1e780 Main Ethereum pool is us1.ethpool.org:3333
00:41:47:079 fdc1e780 OpenCL platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
00:41:47:079 fdc1e780 OpenCL initializing...

00:41:47:079 fdc1e780 AMD Cards available: 2
00:41:47:079 fdc1e780 GPU #0: Cedar, 2048 MB available, 2 compute units

With this GPU you should wait at least a minute until DAG is generated.

@claymore
first, let me thank you for your nice work.
Do you have a miner, that fully support nvidia and AMD, for Linux, that works with Monero / xmr ?
thanks for info in advance !
Steve

I don't have Nvidia Monero miner, only AMD and recent versions work in Windows only.
@Claymore
I've read, you have an older version working for monero, linux and nvidia ?
Would it be much work, to renew a linux version for monero support as well, that support both/or Nvidia/Amd stuff ?
One remark : It seems not possible to find newer then cuda 7.5 for linux ?
There are a bunch of linux guys that don't know how to compile, so, using the free versions is problematic.
And a big group nvidia users with linux as well.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Does anyone was able to run stable this miner in Ubuntu 14.04 or EthOS?

I couldn´t figure any stable settings yet. Genoil miner is working ok, and claymore dual also ok in Win 8.1.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383

cannot open the link

depends on the 480

I bought a asus 4gb 480 and that turd does 22 mhash

I have a red devil 8gb 480 and it runs 25 mhash

A 470 will do 22 well the red devil ones
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
With this GPU you should wait at least a minute until DAG is generated.

Thank you .. will give it a try Smiley
Activity: 377
Next Generation Antivirus

cannot open the link
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

Activity: 377
Next Generation Antivirus
Hi all!
is someone dual mining eth/lbc?
Is it profitable?
Jump to: