Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1135. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
@Claymore

Hello, I have a strange problem under Ubuntu 14.04. The miner hangs after bad CL request and watchdog is not able to restart it.  When I try to close the miner console the whole rig hangs and one only solution is reboot.

Any help will be appreciated.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
just want to ask.
i want to try solo mining use claymore, any tutorial how to do it?
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Hello,

Is better amd 15.12 drivers to used 6x msi r9 390x? Or is better the new driver?

Thanks

i use 15.12 with my 3 r9 390x's and i am getting 32.1mh/s working really well i have been using them with this miner the whole time
Hi Claymore, can the dual miner be used for Miningpoolhub's port 17020 (Etash auto switching stratum port)? TQ.

i have the same problem connecting to the same pool and port, but when i connect to mining rig rentals and then connect to miningpoolhub i connect and it works fine but i cant connect to miningpoolhub directly
edit:using -esm 3 working great now
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Guys & Gals - anyone has a tutorial on Claymore Dual Mining for Linux noobs like me?

Wanted to get the OS and mining on USB sticks and forgo the SSDs for simplicity.

Thanks

You could follow my instructions, and just install Claymore's miner at the end instead of Genoil's.
http://nerdralph.blogspot.ca/2016/08/ethereum-mining-on-ubuntu-linux.html
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I had always troubles with AMD cards, they were sensitive to anything sw/hw related.
NVDA is better.
Nvidia is even worse Smiley
Nvidia was always more expensive but its drivers and stability were always better. And is better now.
No flame. Just a fact.
But thanks to AMD we can enjoy at least a little competition. Thanks ATI/AMD for trying and thanks their customers for buying Wink

Yeah, stability. Stable 3MH/s on ETH on 10xx cards in Windows 10/7 for months until they fixed their drivers finally. 9xx still have this bug in Windows 10.
Stable low hashrate on most algos. Also several CUDA versions is a pain for devs, for AMD you can use different OpenCL kernels for different cards and change them in runtime, but for Nvidia you have to make several EXE versions linked to different CUDAs. And yeah, they are more expensive than AMD cards.

It is not a bug. It's a hardware limitation (Translation Lookaside Buffer). It's not an issue in anything but random memory accesses across large memory allocations. The Virtual Memory model of Win10 makes the issue surface quicker because of small Page Table Entry size. In Kepler and Maxwell is is limited to 64KB. In Pascal PTE can be set to 1M or 2M with WDDM2.1

As fas as I understand, GCN has a separate IOMMU, no TLB.

I did not dig so deeply, may be this is not a bug, but since they fixed it, it can be called so Smiley I just try to say that Nvidia is not more easy/powerful/stable than AMD.
CUDA is better than OpenCL because it has more device-specific functions, like asm or registers shuffling, I miss it in OpenCL. But for most algos, Nvidia is slower even with CUDA, or there is no good miner for AMD.
For example, right now I see that Nvidia is very good on LBRY and AMD is much slower, but it is because there is no fast public miner for AMD, a good miner can be x2 faster and AMD would be on a par with Nvidia.
So I hate to be like this going around and asking people. But I cannot seem to find GTX 1060 and GTX 1070 hashrates for Claymore's ANYWHERE! Can someone please tell me what they are getting on a 1060 and 1070? It would be much appreciated!

I have 1060 3GB, gets about 18MH Eth and 300MH Sia, 19MH with mem set to 2000Mhz.  I think 1070 can do around 26MH Eth with memory OC. 

For LBRY, 1060 3GB does ~138, I have a small OC so getting ~148.  1060 6GB would be ~150-160 stock, 1070 ~240.

hey i am getting a 1070 what operating system and driver version are you using to reach around 26mh/s ETH, I have win7 thanks in advance
Activity: 438
I had always troubles with AMD cards, they were sensitive to anything sw/hw related.
NVDA is better.
Nvidia was always more expensive but its drivers and stability were always better. And is better now.
No flame. Just a fact.
But thanks to AMD we can enjoy at least a little competition. Thanks ATI/AMD for trying and thanks their customers for buying Wink

Yeah, stability. Stable 3MH/s on ETH on 10xx cards in Windows 10/7 for months until they fixed their drivers finally. 9xx still have this bug in Windows 10.
Stable low hashrate on most algos. Also several CUDA versions is a pain for devs, for AMD you can use different OpenCL kernels for different cards and change them in runtime, but for Nvidia you have to make several EXE versions linked to different CUDAs. And yeah, they are more expensive than AMD cards.

It is not a bug. It's a hardware limitation (Translation Lookaside Buffer). It's not an issue in anything but random memory accesses across large memory allocations. The Virtual Memory model of Win10 makes the issue surface quicker because of small Page Table Entry size. In Kepler and Maxwell is is limited to 64KB. In Pascal PTE can be set to 1M or 2M with WDDM2.1

As fas as I understand, GCN has a separate IOMMU, no TLB.
Activity: 322
it's true that lbry will be added for dual mining? this will kill nvidia miner lol, i hope claymore will choose another coin

whichever coin is added to dualmining, it's profitability is killed instantly, that's true

Not instantly, in short term is even  more profitable. At least sc was ..

Give Siacoin a chance right now the service will be practically free to try to get people to use it and if it does take off the storage will go up to a decent amount of money for a secure non hackable storage solution and the coins will go up in value.  Think of it as getting on the ground floor while hashing is low and the coins have potential don't you wish you did that with Bitcoin or Ethereum?  I know I wish I had.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Guys & Gals - anyone has a tutorial on Claymore Dual Mining for Linux noobs like me?

Wanted to get the OS and mining on USB sticks and forgo the SSDs for simplicity.

Thanks
donator
Miners developer
NVDA is better.
No flame. Just a fact.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I found this problem when EXP mine on dwarfpool.

http://www.mx7.com/view2/zl7wMpHjW6tkFnVZ
Activity: 322
claymore, can you assist me... im getting

openCL error - cannot alocate big buffer for dag

on one 7850 AMD, latest drivers, i know its not problem witg its 2 GB ram, because my other 7850s with same miner, same driver, same OS, are working ok
http://prnt.sc/ceecuu

Make sure for the newer cards you remove the AMD 15.12 dll's out of the miner folder. It will not work with the 15.12 drivers it is what caused my problem with the RX 480.
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
NVDA is better.

No flame. Just a fact.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

on one 7850 AMD, latest drivers, i know its not problem witg its 2 GB ram, because my other 7850s with same miner, same driver, same OS, are working ok
If it has a monitor hooked up it probably won't work, the RAM is already borderline.  You can check memory usage on the card with GPU-Z to see if something else is taking some.  7850 may be 1GB or 2GB so make sure its a 2GB.  Restart?  Otherwise.... mine LBRY?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Succesful install driver , restart and black out. 1 GPU is fan not running which is 1st gpu connect to monitor Sad
The rest is fine.
I used 1 750watt on 3Gpus + mobo
Another 1 is 750watt with 3 Gpus
Anyhelp pleaae ? Ubuntu is better than windows or no?

Any one help me
Please ?
donator
Miners developer
NVDA is better.

.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
NVDA is better.
donator
Miners developer

The only thing I can recommend you is to read OP or Readme, "TROUBLESHOOTING" section. If does not help - I cannot help you more because unfortunately I have no idea why sometimes OpenCL fails to allocate memory; if I knew, I would add a solution to Readme.
Jump to: