Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1157. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Where can I find the full release notes for all of claymore miner's releases?
There is a history file in the download...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Where can I find the full release notes for all of claymore miner's releases?
Activity: 9
Using Ver 5.1, dual mining ETH + DCR I am getting annoying behavior on one of my rigs. Would like to know what these lines mean:

04:57:27:598   f10   OC v5, Reset control for GPU 12, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
04:57:28:927   abc   recv: 51
04:57:28:927   abc   srv pck: 50
04:57:28:942   abc   OC v5, Reset control for GPU 12, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
04:57:28:958   abc   srv bs: 0

04:59:56:442   f10   WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
04:59:56:442   f10   watchdog - thread 2, hb time 219
04:59:56:442   f10   watchdog - thread 3, hb time 47
04:59:56:442   f10   watchdog - thread 4, hb time 250
04:59:56:442   f10   watchdog - thread 5, hb time 63
04:59:56:458   f10   watchdog - thread 6, hb time 79
04:59:56:458   f10   watchdog - thread 7, hb time 250
04:59:57:473   f10   Restarting OK, exit...

Of 7 rigs, this one is constantly restarting the miner every 4 to 5 min.
This is not a power issue or faulty riser, I'd like to understand more the log file.
Claymore? Can you help?
GPU are not overclocked, running at stock speed.
All my rigs are on Win 10 Pro, 15.2 AMD drivers, This rig is AMD FX6200 16gb Ram

Cheers,
Franco
hi all
i try to build a new rig and looking for some suggestions.i m using ubuntu 14.02 ltc ,ashrock btc pro and usb risers so mostly im interesting for gpus info (hash,power consume etc).There was a link somewhere in this article that shows some counts of users.......
 thnx in advance

http://www.mininghwcomparison.com/list/index.php

Doesn't show power though. Popular cards are 280X, 390, 390X, RX 470/80.  390X is fastest card, though it uses a lot of power.  GTX 1060 slower, costs more (except new 3GB models), but use a little less power, a lot easier to find.

I use 470s, though they are hard to find the better ones, with limited order quantities unless you look on ebay.  ~22-24MH (8GB model is faster, has 8Gbps memory), power usage is fine, easily undervolted (Wattman, though recent miner version lets you control somewhat under linux).  Best price/perf is Sapphire Nitro 470 4GB, has 7Gbps memory, undervolts really well, stable boost clocks).  PowerColor Red Devil almost as good, doesn't hold boost clocks while dual mining.  480 is slightly faster, but extremely hard to find at MSRP, and may not be worth extra cost. I ordered a 1060 3GB to see how it does, cost similar to 470, not as fast, but a lot easier to find.  3GB will limit time it mines Etherium, though would be fine for other ethash coins.

390X ~33MH, 270W
280X ~25MH, 220W
470 ~22-24MH, 160W
1060 ~20MH, 130W
Power numbers at the wall, estimating/looked up all but 470.
Activity: 45
hi all
i try to build a new rig and looking for some suggestions.i m using ubuntu 14.02 ltc ,ashrock btc pro and usb risers so mostly im interesting for gpus info (hash,power consume etc).There was a link somewhere in this article that shows some counts of users.......
 thnx in advance

Imho the best AMD GPU´s for mining are the new RX460,470,480 series. My next Rigs will build with this Cards. I will only wait for manufacters Cooling Solutions. One of my two Rigs hold 2 x RX480 in Reference Design. Each of them Drains 190 W Power with Powerlimit 0 and mining @ 26 MH/s.
Nvidia built great Cards too with better Hash per Power but the ROI (Return of Investment) is very high.

There are two Sources I use:

http://www.mininghwcomparison.com/list/index.php?brand=both (Choose your Algo before compare)

and  ps_jb Thread of Comparison in this Forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1550780.0;topicseen

Hope this helps,

cg

Gary
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
You talk about sweet spot for mining ETH and SIA but don't talk about:

Power cost increase in pulling extra power from the wall due to dual mining.
Power cost increase due to higher air conditioning expense due to extra heat from higher temperatures.
Low value of SIA/increasing difficulty.
Added downtime of 14.4 minutes of lost mining time per day due to running a 2% fee instead of 1% fee.

Please calculate these values.

Dual mining with R 290 at setting of -dcri 22, only uses 45watts more than solo mining ETH with Claymore Miner.

This is offset, by SC earnings. Does not matter, as long as you break even on extra electricity.

The 2.5% improvement in ETH shares is extra benefit and already includes the 2% fee - no need to calculate separately.

DO NOT NEED AIR CONDITIONING IN LONDON or NORTHERN EUROPE.

Most small miners, do not care the marginal increases in electricity costs, they only want to get the most coins from their GPUs!

THAT IS INFORMATIVE--

Thank you for rounding out your report.  Personally, I mine Ethereum (ETH) + Decred (DCR), because it runs stable and cool on my rigs compared to ETH + SiaCoin (SC).  I have my "-dcri" value set on "20", and I suppose it may be close to the sweet spot.

Also, I do read the readme, and all the time, but readers spotting your report may not read it, or may be new, or both.  Or, have English as a second language

By the way, it is HOT here in August, and the weather is just starting to become tame again (USA).  My cards are beginning to be manageable again.         --scryptr

Thanks, for the that.

I may benchmark ETH and DECRED dual mining next month.

It will be a good starting point Smiley

Power cost increase due to higher air conditioning expense due to extra heat from higher temperatures.
Added downtime of 14.4 minutes of lost mining time per day due to running a 2% fee instead of 1% fee.

Personally, I just go to https://www.whattomine.com/merged_coins/2-eth-sc fill in hashrates, and power/cost, it will tell you profitability.  Then just run miner, and test speeds by pressing + and - keys, to change -dcri setting on the fly to see changed hashrates, then update form values to see if it is better/worse. On 470, I use dcri of 37, though profitability is similar to about 55.

For power, you can get a killawatt meter, or estimate from card specs, reviews, or other posts.  Power usage changes with different dcri will be negligible if you are trying to go for best hashrates, and -dcri is not intentionally low, or cooling is bad and you get thermal throttling. For 4xx cards, Wattman makes it really easy to undervolt, my cards all go easily 0.1v under stock, 100% stable, ~20% power savings. Other cards try afterburner or precision, many cards are voltage locked.  Sapphire Nitro is good for this, I run @ 0.95v, it stays there, and clocks never throttle, default for card is 1.087.  Long term it is worth getting 80+ Gold PSU, for power cost if building new rigs.  Also setting up a power plan to reduce CPU to lowest clocks will help. if it isn't your main computer.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

Dual mining with R 290 at setting of -dcri 22, only uses 45watts more than solo mining ETH with Claymore Miner.

This is offset, by SC earnings. Does not matter, as long as you break even on extra electricity.

The 2.5% improvement in ETH shares is extra benefit and already includes the 2% fee - no need to calculate separately.

Most small miners, do not care the marginal increases in electricity costs, they only want to get the most coins from their GPUs!

THAT IS INFORMATIVE--

Thank you for rounding out your report.  Personally, I mine Ethereum (ETH) + Decred (DCR), because it runs stable and cool on my rigs compared to ETH + SiaCoin (SC).  I have my "-dcri" value set on "20", and I suppose it may be close to the sweet spot.

Also, I do read the readme, and all the time, but readers spotting your report may not read it, or may be new, or both.  Or, have English as a second language

By the way, it is HOT here in August, and the weather is just starting to become tame again (USA).  My cards are beginning to be manageable again.         --scryptr
Activity: 13
hi all
 thnx in advance
legendary

45watts costs this much a day in UK: £0.11
SC earnings are: £0.45

Looks good to me Smiley

Difficulty can quadruple and you would still break even on SC.

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I'm checking this issue in Linux, so I will have some news in a few hours.

Also, even though I have the ADL v10 linked in my /usr/lib, the miner complains about no ADL installed. This is with Ubuntu 16.04. Any details regarding this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

latest amdgpu driver seems to ship without "libatiadlxx.so" . So maybe you have installed older crimson one ?

I don't state that it works for me. I just tell you that it seems that currently there is no way to use ADL 10 on Linux because it has no "libatiadlxx.so" file. As always Linux support comes later than Windows.

Claymore have you looked at Epyslons improvements to SIA mining? It's on his github.

Also have you considered talking to SP_ about his DCR miner? He has a highly optimized DCR miner available for sale.

Not sure how interested you are in this sort of thing, but I assume if you're making money off a fee you want things to be as fast as possible.

I'm not interested in such sort of thing.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

legendary
IT TIME TO FINALLY, RELEASE THE BENCHMARK SWEET SPOT FOR DUAL MINING ETH AND SC. 200 series and 300 series AMD GPUs

And, yes - you may fall off you chair or spill you cup of tea Grin

Mining Software: Claymore's Dual Miner 6.2 release for Windows and Linux.  3% better hash-rate then public releases.

Fees paid to Claymore:

1% for solo pool mining ETH.

2% for dual mining ETH and SC or ETH and DECRED.

This benchmarks has taken 2 weeks of testing, test rig settings and special settings outlined in earlier post.  

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: 22

Solo mining ETH is less efficient then dual mining ETH and SC, efficiency of shares found per hour is better by 2.5%.

Yes, you read that correctly everybody - dual mining ETH and SC gets you more ETH at the pool, than solo mining ETH by itself.

Why would this be the case: these GPUs were built for gaming loads - give the GPUs the correct load and you get more efficiency and more ETH at pool.

Above a setting of 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

However, there is 14.6% drop in shares found per hour at the pool.

Net disadvantage of this higher SC setting is: -6.6% compared to the reduction in ETH hashrate.  

So, loading AMD GPU's with just right amount of workload get's you the most found shares per an hour for ETH at the pool.

Please post the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and DECRED!

SWEET SPOT IS WHAT?  --

I am sure that you benchmarked tirelessly, but there is no distinct mention in your post of what exactly the "sweet spot" is.  Do we set "-ss 22", or "--sweetspot 22", or "--sspot 22"?         --scryptr

Decred or SIA mining intensity is set by the following command in bat

-dcri

so it would be:

-dcri 22

SIA mining is selected with this command in the bat.

-dcoin sc

DECRED mining is selected with this command in the bat

-dcoin dcr

Sorry, but there is readme file in the download, which tells you all of these settings. Amended the post Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
IT TIME TO FINALLY, RELEASE THE BENCHMARK SWEET SPOT FOR DUAL MINING ETH AND SC. 200 series and 300 series AMD GPUs

Mining Software: Claymore's Dual Miner 6.2 release for Windows and Linux.  3% better hash-rate then public releases.

Fees paid to Claymore:

This benchmarks has taken 2 weeks of testing, test rig settings and special settings outlined in earlier post.  

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: 22

Solo mining ETH is less efficient then dual mining ETH and SC, efficiency of shares found per hour is better by 2.5%.

Yes, you read that correctly everybody - dual mining ETH and SC gets you more ETH at the pool, than solo mining ETH by itself.

Why would this be the case: these GPUs were built for gaming loads - give the GPUs the correct load and you get more efficiency and more ETH at pool.

Above a setting of 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

Net disadvantage of this higher SC setting is: -6.6% compared to the reduction in ETH hashrate.  

So, loading AMD GPU's with just right amount of workload get's you the most found shares per an hour for ETH at the pool.

SWEET SPOT IS WHAT?  --

I am sure that you benchmarked tirelessly, but there is no distinct mention in your post of what exactly the "sweet spot" is.  Do we set "-ss 22", or "--sweetspot 22", or "--sspot 22"?         --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Claymore have you looked at Epyslons improvements to SIA mining? It's on his github.

Also have you considered talking to SP_ about his DCR miner? He has a highly optimized DCR miner available for sale.

Not sure how interested you are in this sort of thing, but I assume if you're making money off a fee you want things to be as fast as possible.

hmm, wouldn't it be reprehensible including "free, gpl'ed" code into a paid, closed source miner ?

just sayin...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

legendary

Fees paid to Claymore:

Set all GPUs to -etha 1 (for slow cards for dual mining).

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: -dcri 22

Above a setting of -dcri 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting -dcri 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

Activity: 82
Merit: 11

Also, even though I have the ADL v10 linked in my /usr/lib, the miner complains about no ADL installed. This is with Ubuntu 16.04. Any details regarding this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

latest amdgpu driver seems to ship without "libatiadlxx.so" . So maybe you have installed older crimson one ?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

ADL SDK v10 contains sample code for overlocking, but it created for Windows because code loads "atiadlxx.dll" library. ADL SDK v9 also contains code for Linux that loads "libatiadlxx.so" library. So either AMD devs forgot to include code for Linux in ADL SDK v10, or Linux is not supported by ADL SDK v10.
Right now miner tries to load "libatiadlxx.so", if it writes that ADL is not supported it means that you don't have "libatiadlxx.so" file.

PS. Now I can duplicate issue with Linux (gpu fault detected), but it will take some more time to find the reason and fix it.
Activity: 20

Jump to: