Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1155. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
v6.3. This version is assumed to be stable, so it is not marked as "beta".

- added support for NVIDIA 10xx cards in Linux.
- fixed issue with gpu-pro drivers in Linux.
- minor improvements in OpenCL kernels.
- bug fixes.

Does it mean it is faster than the previous version in the AMD R9 390 hashing?

I have not updated since the 4.4. Is that recommended for faster speed?

Slighly slower in my opinion.

6x R9-390 Rig with 6.2beta - Hashrate up to 184 MH/s

with 6.3 Hashrate up to 181 MH/s on this Rig

ok, there is no Problem for me about 3 MH/s at 6 Cards slower. I will try it for a longer Term. Maybe it´s a Parity Lag.

The RX480 Rig works with same hashing Speed as before

cg

Gary
Activity: 896
Merit: 504
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
SIA and DCR is drop, ETH+lbry need very Smiley
Activity: 62
i use 4x r9 390 from 116MH drop to 98 MH only

ubuntu 14.04 with miner version 6.3

any solution ?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I've tried the new 6.3 version with linux ubuntu 14.04
./ethdcrminer64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./ethdcrminer64)
going back to 6.2 for now.

Ok, rebuilt in 14.04, please redownload it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
I've tried the new 6.3 version with linux ubuntu 14.04

./ethdcrminer64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./ethdcrminer64)

going back to 6.2 for now.

Activity: 20
I fucking love this AMDGPU driver - with it, I can control everything shown here and more (NSFW): http://ottrbutt.com/tmp/custom-editor.jpg

Voltages, clocks, changing DPM state settings, the state table that tells it what DPM to go to at what state...

Hey, how and where to you change voltages under linux with amdgpu driver ?
somewhere in /sys/class/drm/cardX  ?

No, you have to make your own tools - but /sys/class/drm/cardX/device/pp_table is what you want. :3

Did you bother with installing AMDGPU-PRO? Or just the kernel update to 4.8rc2 was needed to start developing your tools and mine?
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
Love the new on the fly ability to disable select GPU's

Had to use it today because one of my GPU fans failed on a remote miner and I was able to quickly turn off the affected GPU without turning off the miner.

Thanks Claymore.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Just wanted to share a Lol event here Smiley  Got a sapphire 470 from newegg, open up the box (new item), the card has no plastic cover to peel off.  okay then.  card crashes at very slight overclock.  now only works with an underclock and wattman gives me all kinds of weird stuff.  still works though.  thanks newegg.  I dont even feel like returning it, as it works but maybe 2mhs slower.  will complain though and ask for store credit or something.  The world we live in.

and here is my review of the 470s.  get a 8g version as mem freq is much higher.  the are quite awesome on the outside, smooth, silent and cool.  set custom fan temps though.  On hashing, well, prepare to be dis-illusioned.  What you are buying is a card that performs maybe 20% more as a 380, for maybe 20% more money, but with better watt consumption.  So its still a nice upgrade, even though its not a "game changer".  I wonder how many cards AMD sells to miners compared to normal users. 
I have the 4GB and 8GB versions of the Nitro 470.  I undervolt both to 0.95v (stock 1.087), solid 1260 boost clock (though boost clock is almost stable stock). Really low temps.  I haven't tried much OC because memory more important for Eth, but they would probably do well.

Eth/Sia
4GB 21.3 / 585
8GB 24.3 / 450

4GB will do ~22 Eth with lower dcri, this is slightly more profitable.
Activity: 10
Which dirver is best for win10_64 RX470?
V6.2 cannot work in Win10_64 7 cards RX470
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
I have the impression that claymore handles unstable pool somewhat conservative comparing to genoil+mining proxy(dwarfpool version), the issue is with going back to original pool when connection is recovered, is there any way to change setting so it goes back to primary pool as soon as possible.
Yes,  here you have:
Code:
-ftime   failover main pool switch time, in minutes, see "Failover" section below. Default value is 30 minutes, set zero if there is no main pool.

noticed another issue, it hashes air for 5 minutes when connection to main pool drops, miner simply cannot detect dropped connection and switch to backup.
Activity: 25
I've had the Claymore miner running in Windows 7 for a month, on 2 GPU's.  Quite happy. 

Now I want to expand my little mining operation and add some Linux/Ubuntu machines.

I've had a terrible time getting the AMD drivers to work in Ubuntu 14.04.  Ubuntu 16.04 does not support Crimson 15.12 and never will, according to what I've read.

- Are there plans to support the new AMDGPU drivers that are supported in 16.04 Ubuntu?

If anyone has a good set of instructions for bringing up a Linux machine to run Mining, I'd love to hear it.  I'd even donate. 

I've got $1K+ of hardware sitting idle because of this, and I'd prefer not to give Mr. Gates money for every machine I build.

Thoughts?

I'm definitely not an expert, but I got it running by:

1.Loading 14.04
2.After loading going to "Software Updater" and installing all updates.
3.After updates are installed, go to "Software Center" and search for "AMD". Select and install fglrx-amdccle.

There were probably some reboots in there, but I had tried so many times before that I am not sure.

Here is my Linux start.bash .

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
     export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
     export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
     export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
     export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

'/home/miningrig/Downloads/Claymore'\''s Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin AMD GPU Miner v5.3 Beta - LINUX/ethdcrminer64'

and config.txt

-epool us1.ethpool.org:3333
     -ewal 0x7035134d51A949a4dD99FA4DA9b00F8A9F6fa1dA.rig1
     -epsw x
     -dpool stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3333
     -dwal manlabor.GPURig1
     -di
     -dpsw xxxxx
     -esm 1
     -mode 0
     -tt 80,80,80

I also just got it working using Linux mint 17.03 with a similar procedure.  Linux mint is better looking than 14.04.

Now, I just need to figure out how to get more than 3 cards going on a motherboard and how to set these up 'headless'
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Thanks ocminer, I'll give it a try.

Update:   RESULT!   one 1 invalid in 100 so far,  Massive improvement.  THANKS.

Glad you got it working Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Just wanted to share a Lol event here Smiley  Got a sapphire 470 from newegg, open up the box (new item), the card has no plastic cover to peel off.  okay then.  card crashes at very slight overclock.  now only works with an underclock and wattman gives me all kinds of weird stuff.  still works though.  thanks newegg.  I dont even feel like returning it, as it works but maybe 2mhs slower.  will complain though and ask for store credit or something.  The world we live in.

and here is my review of the 470s.  get a 8g version as mem freq is much higher.  the are quite awesome on the outside, smooth, silent and cool.  set custom fan temps though.  On hashing, well, prepare to be dis-illusioned.  What you are buying is a card that performs maybe 20% more as a 380, for maybe 20% more money, but with better watt consumption.  So its still a nice upgrade, even though its not a "game changer".  I wonder how many cards AMD sells to miners compared to normal users. 
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

- bug fixes.

Does it mean it is faster than the previous version in the AMD R9 390 hashing?

I have not updated since the 4.4. Is that recommended for faster speed?
donator
Miners developer

- bug fixes.

Even though ADL v10 isn't currently in Linux, can I still manage voltage and clocks of my RX 480s? I know it says I can't manage the fan and temp but was just making sure.

Thanks

Probably you can, but not with the miner:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16011461
So they tell you to use hwmon and sysfs for that.
Activity: 20

- bug fixes.

Even though ADL v10 isn't currently in Linux, can I still manage voltage and clocks of my RX 480s? I know it says I can't manage the fan and temp but was just making sure.

Thanks
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
sigh...you leave the scene for a month and they take the last unique selling point you still had left  Grin

i guess it was inevitable anyway...so how does it perform with CUDA ETH only? just about the same or faster?
donator
Miners developer

- bug fixes.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Thanks ocminer, I'll give it a try.

Update:   RESULT!   one 1 invalid in 100 so far,  Massive improvement.  THANKS.
Jump to: