Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1159. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Claymore,

If you're unable to underclock with a specific clockrate using cclock/mclock is it possible to accomplish it using the dumb percentage based clock adjustment as per wattman?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I'm getting about 10-15% slower speeds on my GTX 1070 compared to genoil's 1.1.7 compiled with CUDA 8.

This is on Win10 anniversary update with the latest nvidia drivers.
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
is someone running claymore 6.2 with RX4xx card under linux ?

I have realy poor hashrates, also miner uses lot of CPU power.

Code:
ETH: 08/21/16-22:14:34 - New job from eu1.ethpool.org:3333                                                             
ETH - Total Speed: 32.101 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01                                             
ETH: GPU0 3.602 Mh/s, GPU1 2.451 Mh/s, GPU2 11.019 Mh/s, GPU3 5.707 Mh/s, GPU4 4.465 Mh/s, GPU5 4.857 Mh/s 

i guess its also related to the tons of

Code:
VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_ADDR 
VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS

errors every second while mining ?
No problems with genoil miner. So not sure if its driver or miner related ?

Running Ubuntu 16.04 with  amdgpu-pro_16.30.3-315407 driver.
Activity: 92
Hello, can someone tell me what the power consumption of gtx 970 in dual mining?

it depends from your settengs and OC level

But better will be to find NVIDIA-SMI in nvidia directory

than run in a comand promt mode - "nvidia-smi -q --display=power"

you will see the curent power usage of your nvidia cards, reported by system (win)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
You might find this interesting or funny Claymore?
Looking at a comparison of Intel chipsets (2500K quad processer) and AMD chipsets (Phenom 555 dual core):
The AMD GPUs find more shares for Ethereum on an AMD chipset and with the dual core processor with 1 core deactivated (save some electricity) and overclocked to 3.5GHZ than the Intel chipset and quad core processor at any cores and any clocks.
The Nvidia GPUs find more shares for Ethereum on an Intel chipset and with a quad core processor with 2 deactivated cores (save some electricity) and the two remaining cores set to 3.3Ghz then on the AMD chipset and processor at any cores and clocks.
It looks like: you need the AMD chipset to maximise the AMD GPU's efficiency and you need the Intel chipset to maximise the efficiency of the Nvidia GPUs for crypto mining of Dagger Cheesy

It is funny. Shares are related to hashrate and luck, that is all. More total shares in test - less luck involved. To exclude luck it's a good idea to test at least 1GH/s for 24 hours.
Anyway, if you change CPU/chipset/anything and miner shows same hashrate, it means that you have same speed, same earnings in long term.

Yelp, I was thinking it might be that Nvidia do their primary coding work for their GPUs on intel chipset/CPUs and then do the compatibility crossover coding for AMD stuff afterwards.

Whilst, AMD guys and gals do their primary coding work for their GPUs on their own Chipsets/CPUs and then do the compatibility crossover coding for Intel chipsets/cpus.

Obviously, this for Nvidia Compute and AMD openCL calculations.

I'd guess they make the video gaming drivers perfectly optimised for whatever chipset/cpu combination a person is going too use.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Looking at a comparison of Intel chipsets (2500K quad processer) and AMD chipsets (Phenom 555 dual core):
The AMD GPUs find more shares for Ethereum on an AMD chipset and with the dual core processor with 1 core deactivated (save some electricity) and overclocked to 3.5GHZ than the Intel chipset and quad core processor at any cores and any clocks.
The Nvidia GPUs find more shares for Ethereum on an Intel chipset and with a quad core processor with 2 deactivated cores (save some electricity) and the two remaining cores set to 3.3Ghz then on the AMD chipset and processor at any cores and clocks.
It looks like: you need the AMD chipset to maximise the AMD GPU's efficiency and you need the Intel chipset to maximise the efficiency of the Nvidia GPUs for crypto mining of Dagger Cheesy

It is funny. Shares are related to hashrate and luck, that is all. More total shares in test - less luck involved. To exclude luck it's a good idea to test at least 1GH/s for 24 hours.
Anyway, if you change CPU/chipset/anything and miner shows same hashrate, it means that you have same speed, same earnings in long term.
legendary
Dear @Claymore!

Just thank you very much for these -di detect and -ttli options. It's fantastic! I've got 2 of 3 ventilation systems out of work recently. So, these options made it much less painful!

BUT! It still doesn't return the fan settings to AUTO after -di detect! Please, correct it if possible!

PM me the log that demonstrates it, don't specify "-tt" option, it means drivers manage temps.

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Dear @Claymore!

Just thank you very much for these -di detect and -ttli options. It's fantastic! I've got 2 of 3 ventilation systems out of work recently. So, these options made it much less painful!

BUT! It still doesn't return the fan settings to AUTO after -di detect! Please, correct it if possible!

PM me the log that demonstrates it, don't specify "-tt" option, it means drivers manage temps.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Claymore, confirm that 6.2 found ETH and ETC blocks! Hope that solo issues will never be again cause it hurts days after days wasting time.

Found Block solo two Hours ago with Parity 1.3 & Claymore 6.2

https://etherchain.org/block/2112621

Code:
cl Claymore : EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool http://192.168.1.78:8545 -dpool http://localhost:9980/miner/header -dcoin sia -mode 0 -dcri 45 -tstop 85 -allcoins 1 -allpools 1 -ethi 16 -dbg -1 -di 012345

cl Parity : parity.exe --author 0x3238985251a89d5e2694b0845f4655ee943daf31 --rpcaddr 192.168.1.78 --force-sealing

cg

Gary
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Claymore, confirm that 6.2 found ETH and ETC blocks! Hope that solo issues will never be again cause it hurts days after days wasting time.
Activity: 80
Dear @Claymore!

Activity: 848
Merit: 500
Testing new MSI 470s cards..
Miner has problems to read FAN speeds, also it reads them wrong.
It makes miner unstable and cards easily crash!

gpuz also hangs on fan readings so must be drivers problem not miner

Setting tt to 0 fixes it.
Hi, can you tell us your hashrate with the 470 from msi, i know they come with 6.7ghz memory
It's MSI gamingX 8GB

gpu/mem 1242/1750 24.5MH/s. Default mem is 1650. Planing to edit bios so i can have timings from 1750 to 2000 They would probably give more then 26MH/s

Thing is that wattman is crappy, but atleast something works. One of problems is fans they do not spin under 60c.
No other software works. Tried to contact guys from guru3D and ask them for AB 4.3.0beta9 (wch works on RX4x0 series).. but they refuse to give.
legendary
I currently benchmarking the sweet spot for AMD GPU's for dual mining ETH and SC.

Hopefully, I should be able to post this in a couple of days.
Activity: 24
Merit: 1

Hi, can you tell us your hashrate with the 470 from msi, i know they come with 6.7ghz memory
legendary

I've been benchmarking the 1070's for dual mining SC and ETH on Windows 7, using Nvidia 369.05 drivers!

DO NOT SET A FAST OR SLOW SETTING (-etha 0 or 1)

It appears: the sweet spot is 50, this maximises the Ethereum shares found for the hashpower.

Below 50, you lose a lot of shares accepted on Ethereum and above 50 you lose a lost of shares accepted on Ethereum.

For example: 70 sees a 6.29% drop in Ethereum shares found, but hashpower change is only 1.9%.

Therefore, you end up being 4.39% worse off, in Ethereum mining efficiency.

Should people find the the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and Decred for 1070, please post a reply.

Equally, some benchmarks for the sweet spot on Linux would be nice as well Smiley
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
claymore could you add an option to set fix eth/dcr hashrates and if that hashrate is not met, restart miner or PC after x seconds ? One of my cards just crashed and miner restarted but with on less gpu, 4th card couldn't recover the driver and it went on mining with 3cards.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
for windows 10 and pascal you can use my guide here working absolutely fine

https://steemit.com/mining/@fidasx/fixing-windows-10-ethereum-mining

geting 30+ MHS ETH +300 DCR with no tweaking on miner on a gigabyte 1070 G1

+1600 will not work on some 1070, only on palit it seems you can get that crazy oc

can you do some eth test only, to see the consumption at 30MH for example?
legendary
v6.2:

- released version for Linux with nvidia support.
- fixed Ethereum solo mining mode.
- added "-cvddc" and "-mvddc" options for adjusting voltages for latest AMD 4xx cards.
- now you can turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys.
- bug fixes.

Are there any significant advantages in using the miner to over/underclock instead of letting WattMan take care of that?

Am I missing something here?

For example, there is no WattMan in Linux.

Hi, Claymore.
Is there any chance you could write up a quick guide for Nvidia GTX 1070's usage on Ubuntu.
Which version, full or barebones and what Nvidia downloads are needed and install commands for the terminal?
The hashrate is higher and you would make a higher percentage on that hashrate?

I tested it on Ubuntu 14.04. Just downloaded and installed latest drivers from nvidia website - 367.35. That is all. The only problem was that drivers did not want to install, but they show the reason and I googled for the solution, I even don't remember the details. Don't forget that I don't like Linux and don't have enough experience there, but I was able to do it, so I think people who use Linux and like it should pass this step easily. But if you don't have any experience in Linux, the main question is why you want to use it. Linux it's a mess, use Windows 7 instead! Smiley Drivers for Windows won't tell you that they don't want to install because some other driver is used and you must disable it somehow...

If even CDM work faster on linux by +1MHs compared to Win10 for each card? ..then if you have 20 cards mining - you will get +20MHs for the farm, with just switching to linux

That was not why I was interested in testing it out?

I was going to do a share rate comparison between Linux and Windows 7 64 bit versions.

Does that extra hashrate on Linux result into actual extra shares accepted - or is it just a display effect.

However, that benchmark comparison is not a priority Smiley
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
v6.2:

- released version for Linux with nvidia support.
- fixed Ethereum solo mining mode.
- added "-cvddc" and "-mvddc" options for adjusting voltages for latest AMD 4xx cards.
- now you can turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys.
- bug fixes.

Are there any significant advantages in using the miner to over/underclock instead of letting WattMan take care of that?

Am I missing something here?

For example, there is no WattMan in Linux.

Hi, Claymore.
Is there any chance you could write up a quick guide for Nvidia GTX 1070's usage on Ubuntu.
Which version, full or barebones and what Nvidia downloads are needed and install commands for the terminal?
The hashrate is higher and you would make a higher percentage on that hashrate?

I tested it on Ubuntu 14.04. Just downloaded and installed latest drivers from nvidia website - 367.35. That is all. The only problem was that drivers did not want to install, but they show the reason and I googled for the solution, I even don't remember the details. Don't forget that I don't like Linux and don't have enough experience there, but I was able to do it, so I think people who use Linux and like it should pass this step easily. But if you don't have any experience in Linux, the main question is why you want to use it. Linux it's a mess, use Windows 7 instead! Smiley Drivers for Windows won't tell you that they don't want to install because some other driver is used and you must disable it somehow...

If even CDM work faster on linux by +1MHs compared to Win10 for each card? ..then if you have 20 cards mining - you will get +20MHs for the farm, with just switching to linux
Jump to: