Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1152. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Guys, how to decrease GPU load or some other setting in order to use PC for other stuff (surfing, movies, etc)?  Huh

I am using this code atm - ethdcrminer64.exe -epool coinotron.com:3344 -ewal X -esm 2 -epsw X -etha 0 -ethi 20 -estale 0 -allpools 1

My GPU load is 99-100%, MCU load - 90-93%

Is there a way to do it on the fly? Or do I have to ctrl+C the claymore miner all the time I want to run a change in command line code?

P.S. I am running gtx 970 in P0 mode at ~3900MHz memory clock with ~19MH/s

Default ethi is 8, lower is less load, you have it higher....  You can't change ethi or li on the fly (you can change dcri on the fly though...), but you could make 2 bat files...  I mine on 470s, I can run them full out dual mining, and not even notice while working, watching movies etc.  When had a 970 as display card though, it would lag the desktop while mining, not sure why the amd cards I have used don't lag.  I can even (accidentally) mine on my cheap dual core APU without lag.  If you have an APU, or Intel CPU with graphics, plug into that....

I use the old 7970 to mine Ethereum with the Claymore miners. It has quite big lag when it is used as the main display.

I do not know why.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Guys, how to decrease GPU load or some other setting in order to use PC for other stuff (surfing, movies, etc)?  Huh

I am using this code atm - ethdcrminer64.exe -epool coinotron.com:3344 -ewal X -esm 2 -epsw X -etha 0 -ethi 20 -estale 0 -allpools 1

Is there a way to do it on the fly? Or do I have to ctrl+C the claymore miner all the time I want to run a change in command line code?

Default ethi is 8, lower is less load, you have it higher....  You can't change ethi or li on the fly (you can change dcri on the fly though...), but you could make 2 bat files...  I mine on 470s, I can run them full out dual mining, and not even notice while working, watching movies etc.  When had a 970 as display card though, it would lag the desktop while mining, not sure why the amd cards I have used don't lag.  I can even (accidentally) mine on my cheap dual core APU without lag.  If you have an APU, or Intel CPU with graphics, plug into that....
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
My PC stutters while mining thats why I use -ethi 4 or even -ethi 1, lower hashrate but everything works fine. I doubt you can play games while mining at full speed, normally gpu usage is 99%+, with ethi 1 its 95%, that remaining 5% won't be enough for games. I'm using dcri 80 so maybe with dcri 20, you could play some games.
Activity: 231
They're not wrong. I mine and my PC is completely responsive, like it's not even mining. I can even play CS:GO while mining and I get decent FPS.
I checked them with my PC, no help.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
They're not wrong. I mine and my PC is completely responsive, like it's not even mining. I can even play CS:GO while mining and I get decent FPS.

same here. simpler games as in 2-3 year old AAA titles, movies, youtube etc all play well with stock settings. just the system and gpu fans may ramp up a bit. r9 390.

EDIT: eth only
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
You don't need to decrease it in order to surf the web and watch movies, but you can try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser and in you video player and see if this helps.
I definetely need some tweaking with the miner or GPU, because your suggestions proved to be wrong. I prefer a more responsive PC experience.
Activity: 62
You don't need to decrease it in order to surf the web and watch movies, but you can try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser and in you video player and see if this helps.
Guys, how to decrease GPU load or some other setting in order to use PC for other stuff (surfing, movies, etc)?  Huh

Activity: 158
Merit: 10
Hello,  I have a rig 1 x 7990 and 3 x 380x, I use dual mode(ETH/SIA) but I have a problem with hashrate: hashrate jump like from 13 to 21 mh for 380x card and 14-16 for 7990 cards. I use Windows 10 with 15.12 drivers, tried to clear reinstall with Display Driver Unistaller, but no success. All variables are set. What can cause the problem and how to fix it?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
it allows the dev fee to be mined at some predefined pools
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
What does the 'allpools' command do? It's not described very well in the readme.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
No, it's not the case..
Miner stop working - I can see it in pool worker stats..
And it happened once again a while ago Sad
No I turned off dual mining.. but what could be a reason that miner doesn't restart itself?
It happened again eth only mode..
After I press a key it said:
Code:
08:53:04:172	1638	ETH: Stratum - socket send failed 10053, disconnect
And last share  I had from c. a.  23.30
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I can't get DCR to mine. Based on what I do in the config, dpools, and start files I either get "DCR: Authorization failed" on startup with all my shares rejected or I just hash at 0 for DCR

Try this:

Claymore command for merged ETC + DCR:
ethdcrminer64.exe -epool etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3333 -ewal suprnova.1 -epsw x -esm 3 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal suprnova.1 -dpsw x -allpools 1

Will make you mine ETC at first and DCR as second coin, both on suprnova, make sure you have an account and worker set up. (https://dcr.suprnova.cc)
Activity: 3
I've had better luck getting to the clGetDeviceIDs error on Wolf's miner, but with Claymore I get the error "Missing command line options!" before it automatically closes.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I can't get DCR to mine. Based on what I do in the config, dpools, and start files I either get "DCR: Authorization failed" on startup with all my shares rejected or I just hash at 0 for DCR
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Is there a CUDA 8 version for Windows?

I ask because I'm getting better speeds on Genoil's with CUDA 8.
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
About ADL in GPU-PRO drivers, just found a beautiful answer:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96786

ADL is not supported in the amdgpu-pro driver.  The same functionality can be accessed via standard Linux interfaces (e.g., hwmon for temperature and fan control, sysfs for clock control, etc..

So AMD decided not to worry about ADL support in new drivers for Linux. Excellent solution.

Hey, thanks for 6.3 release. Linux version looks smooth so far, no more VM fault errors.
One of your corefeatures in my opinion is the selectiv shutdown of cards in case of overheat, maybe you can implement this also with the new AMDGPU driver ?

You can query the temperature of the cards from: /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonX/temp1_input
To identify the cards that are useing amdgpu driver you can query the /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonX/name class ?

BTW: Overclocking is done by the keys  /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/pp_mclk_od (Memory Clock)  and /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/pp_sclk_od GPU Clock. +1 changes value by 20.

Just to clarify
For temperature just get it from /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon/hwmonX/temp1_unit, the result must divide by 1000 to get the correct celcius
and we can check whether the hardware is amdgpu or not by checking /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonX/name , If it is amdgpu then it's the right one.

Above file can be access without root.

For overclocking and setup fan speed currently the user has to be root, even sudo is not working. Maybe the user need to be included in specific group first. I leave this to the linux user, since we only need to set it once. Note that when using root user the path is no longer /sys/class/hwmon but change to /sys/class/drm/cardX/device/hwmon

For memory +1 increase 20Mhz, for core clock +1 increase 12MHz. To get the highest one use -1 instead.

Maybe for now just include the temperature so the watchdog can protect the miner in case something happen.

@claymore
what do you think about this ? Smiley
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
No, it's not the case..
Miner stop working - I can see it in pool worker stats..
And it happened once again a while ago Sad
Now I turned off dual mining.. but what could be a reason that miner doesn't restart itself?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore,
It seems to sometimes miner doesn't restart itself, but only when I press a key (I press 's' from time to time to see if everything is ok)
Here's the log:
BEware over 8mb lenght..
https://www.pastefs.com/pid/4083

Code:
Restarting OK, exit...

showed only when I press the key...

If you use Win10, it can be if you clicked inside of terminal window so it has text focus.
Jump to: