Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1195. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 10
I'm not sure which stratum variant claymore is using for Sia .. doesn't seem to work with mine though :-(

Currently I use an easy Stratum version, it's similar to HTTP protocol so it's easy to implement (must be easy to implement on pool side too). My miner does not use sgminer code so it takes me long to implement your Stratum version.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15727385

I would love to use this miner @ suprnova's pool.
It would be nice if you could make that happen ocminer, your pool would benefit highly with all the extra hashpower from the eth(etc)/sia miners using the perfect Claymore's miner, no doubt!
For now I have to use another pool, but I would like to go back to yours!
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
Hi Claymore, firstly keep it up your good work, you are awesome !!

And a question ,when you planned to support Dual-mining ETH/ETC ??, the community of miners are probably impatient for this

Cheers.

Already answered.
Impossible.

ETH AND ETC USE THE SAME ALGORITHM--

They cannot be Dual-Mined.  It MAY be IS NOT possible to merge-mine them, either, even if the algorithm is the same, because each coin has a different DAG file.  The DAG files differ in character and size. but that would have to be set up at the pool and not in the mining software.  I am not familiar enough with pool software, or the exact workings of the Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm to say if it is truly possible to merge-mine the coins, but merge-mining is done at the pool.  CORRECTED  --scryptr

Dual-Mining takes two two different algorithms, one memory intensive, and one compute intensive, and splits the processing on the GPU so that there is a workable load.  Merge-mining takes one algorithm and splits the found cryptographic solutions across two or more coins.  No extra work is placed on the miner, all the "merge" work is done at the pool.  Give-Me-Coins.com merge-mines 5 scrypt coins simultaneously, and the miner gets to keep all the coins produced.       --scryptr

Yep, dual ethash simply impossible.

Merge too, unless one of the coins does a hardfork and hooks onto the other chain.. but LOL..  thats never ever ever gonna happen.

I do think there are other interesting algos that could be dual'd with ETH tho.

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
what is the benefit if you use SIA Stratum protocol?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
What do you mean? If I run -di 1 it means that I run the miner for GPU1 (from my example), but actually, I will see GPU0 in the miner in both MH and T log strings. Like
MH:: GPU0: 28Mh
T:: GPU0: t=72C fan=69%

Right? So, what's the reason? They don't match yet. And I see no way how to match here.
if MSI Afterburner can match performance data and temp data somehow, then I can match temps, shown in MSI Afterburner and temps in CDM and get a correct "translation table"
This is the only way I see. Can you suggest any others? Without such matching all temperature features are just useless for multi GPU rigs. And the question how making a "translation table" is not covered anywhere at all.

Even if you set "-di 1" miner will show "GPU0" anyway. But this GPU0 will be GPU1 (i.e. second GPU) in OpenCL list. With "-di" you don't change order of temps list, you change order in miner GPUs list that is taken from OpenCL list of GPUs. The list of temperatures is always the same.
Afterburner does not have to use OpenCL to mine, so it can match temps and GPUs. Miner has to use two lists: for temperatures control and for OpenCL work.
Again: "-di" change the list of GPUs in miner. For example:
1. You don't specify "-di". Miner directly takes entire list of GPUs from OpenCL list:
OpenCL          Miner
GPU0         GPU0
GPU1         GPU1
GPU2         GPU2
GPU3         GPU3

2. You specified "-di 1":
OpenCL          Miner
GPU1         GPU0

So miner displays "GPU0" because it is the first GPU in its list. But this is GPU1 in OpenCL list.

3. You specified "-di 3210":
OpenCL          Miner
GPU3         GPU0
GPU2         GPU1
GPU1         GPU2
GPU0         GPU3

So miner takes GPU3 from OpenCL list and adds it to its list of GPUs, so it will be GPU0 for miner. Then it takes GPU2 from OpenCL and saves it as "GPU1", and so on.
"-di ABCD" (A, B, C, D are some numbers) will cause GPU_A from OpenCL list becomes GPU0 in miner, GPU_B from OpenCL list becomes GPU1 in the miner, etc.
So you can renumber cards as you want to match temps list. The only possible problem if you don't want to assign all cards to miner, in this case sometimes you won't be able to renumber GPUs in a proper way. I think about adding another option "-map" for that, but it seems it will make things even more complex to understand.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Hey guys, I just wrote a tutorial how to mode #ethOS distro to work with Claymore Dual miner also do CPU mining too.
http://adrian.ihacks.ro/modding-ethos/
This is not a full implementaton. I will write a tutorial soon for full implementation for Claymore miner
Activity: 80

Dear @Claymore! Let me understand -DI option, please, to match the temperature order and the GPU order.

Let's say, I see

MH:: GPU0: 20Mh, GPU1 28Mh, GPU2: 27Mh, GPU3: 30Mh
and
T:: GPU0: t=70C fan=69%, GPU1: t=71C fan=69%, GPU2: t=72C fan=69%, GPU3: t=73C fan=69%

I do some testing and understand, that MH=T matching is:

0=1
1=2
2=0
3=3

So, I want to see
T:: GPU0: t=71C fan=69%, GPU1: t=72C fan=69%, GPU2: t=70C fan=69%, GPU3: t=73C fan=69%

Then I want to set -di parameters to match the orders. What should I write?
-di 1203 ?
-di 2013 ?

Anything else?

-di 1203 if you correctly described. If it does not work, try "-di 1", "-di 2" etc to see how it works for one card. Then if you see match, set "-di 12" to add one more card and see if it matches, etc.

What do you mean? If I run -di 1 it means that I run the miner for GPU1 (from my example), but actually, I will see GPU0 in the miner in both MH and T log strings. Like

MH:: GPU0: 28Mh
T:: GPU0: t=72C fan=69%

Right? So, what's the reason? They don't match yet. And I see no way how to match here.

Well, let's make a step aside to MSI Afterburner. For my example, I see GPU1-GPU4 there, right? Am I right that

CDM    MSI AB
GPU0=GPU1
GPU3=GPU4

in terms of MH string?

If I'm right, then
    if MSI Afterburner can match performance data and temp data somehow, then
        I can match temps, shown in MSI Afterburner and temps in CDM and get a correct "translation table"

This is the only way I see. Can you suggest any others? Without such matching all temperature features are just useless for multi GPU rigs. And the question how making a "translation table" is not covered anywhere at all.

It's really hot here and I strongly want to use temperature control from inside CDM. I'm sure that I'm not the only man with this problem.
Activity: 55
@Claymore
Why does 5.2 say that it cant use nanopool, "cant use ethereum adresses as login"
Is this a bug? Since i cant find any information on nanopool page which would instruct me to write receiving aadress otherwise.
Activity: 4
RX480 Giveaway.

Good Morning All,

AMD are doing giveaways of RX480 on the twitch channel (http://twitch.com/amd) later today in 3 hours and again on friday.

im not affiliated in with them just thought you might like to know to try and get in your hands the new asus (non reference) card (not even available on retail yet).
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I was all excited when i stumbled across this the other day and thought great i will set that up when i get home. Went to install and get it running and then realised that i no linger have an amd video card Sad I searched the thread and it doesnt look like the nividia one is ready quite yet. looks like im just going to have to wait until that releases . Ive been amd my whole life and then decided to get a 970 a while back and although i love it, i wasnt into mining before and nvidia seems to be leagues behind.
Activity: 67
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
I mine the ETC in a pool. Can I use the ETH pool as a back up? I know that they have different DAG file size.
donator
Miners developer
Dear @Claymore, I try to repeat my question )

Dear @Claymore! Let me understand -DI option, please, to match the temperature order and the GPU order.

Let's say, I see

and
T:: GPU0: t=70C fan=69%, GPU1: t=71C fan=69%, GPU2: t=72C fan=69%, GPU3: t=73C fan=69%

0=1
1=2
2=0
3=3

So, I want to see
T:: GPU0: t=71C fan=69%, GPU1: t=72C fan=69%, GPU2: t=70C fan=69%, GPU3: t=73C fan=69%

-di 1203 ?
-di 2013 ?

Anything else?

-di 1203 if you correctly described. If it does not work, try "-di 1", "-di 2" etc to see how it works for one card. Then if you see match, set "-di 12" to add one more card and see if it matches, etc.
Activity: 80
Dear @Claymore, I try to repeat my question )

Let's say, I see

and

0=1
1=2
2=0
3=3

So, I want to see

-di 1203 ?
-di 2013 ?

Anything else?
donator
Miners developer
I'm not sure which stratum variant claymore is using for Sia .. doesn't seem to work with mine though :-(

Currently I use an easy Stratum version, it's similar to HTTP protocol so it's easy to implement (must be easy to implement on pool side too). My miner does not use sgminer code so it takes me long to implement your Stratum version.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15727385
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hi Claymore, firstly keep it up your good work, you are awesome !!

And a question ,when you planned to support Dual-mining ETH/ETC ??, the community of miners are probably impatient for this

Cheers.

Already answered.
Impossible.

ETH AND ETC USE THE SAME ALGORITHM--

They cannot be Dual-Mined.  It MAY be IS NOT possible to merge-mine them, either, even if the algorithm is the same, because each coin has a different DAG file.  The DAG files differ in character and size. but that would have to be set up at the pool and not in the mining software.  I am not familiar enough with pool software, or the exact workings of the Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm to say if it is truly possible to merge-mine the coins, but merge-mining is done at the pool.  CORRECTED  --scryptr

Dual-Mining takes two two different algorithms, one memory intensive, and one compute intensive, and splits the processing on the GPU so that there is a workable load.  Merge-mining takes one algorithm and splits the found cryptographic solutions across two or more coins.  No extra work is placed on the miner, all the "merge" work is done at the pool.  Give-Me-Coins.com merge-mines 5 scrypt coins simultaneously, and the miner gets to keep all the coins produced.       --scryptr
donator
Miners developer
Nanopool now supports Stratum for Siacoin too. Dual mining samples:

With worker and email notifications (recommended):
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal YOUR_SIA_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -dcoin sia

Please, give an example of dpools.txt  for nanopool and Stratum for Siacoin. I've tried to use:

Code:
POOL: sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-eu2.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-us-west1.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777

and
Code:
POOL: sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-eu2.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-us-west1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
and it doesn't work.

Don't forget about "stratum+tcp://" before pool address if you want to use Stratum and "http://" if you want to use HTTP. If you miss it, in some cases miner may use wrong protocol.
Activity: 13
giving it a shot without miner names or email. see how it goes. did it take you awhile for it to show up on nanopool?
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Don't know if it helps but I'm on nanopool mining ETC and SIA and I use the below and it works fine.

thDcrMiner64.exe -allpools 1 -epool etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999 -ewal 0xdXXXXXXXXXX/PC -dpool "http://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:9980/miner/header?address=517XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" -dcoin sia
Activity: 5
Nanopool now supports Stratum for Siacoin too. Dual mining samples:

With worker and email notifications (recommended):
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_ETH_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal YOUR_SIA_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -dcoin sia

Please, give an example of dpools.txt  for nanopool and Stratum for Siacoin. I've tried to use:

Code:
POOL: sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-eu2.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-us-west1.nanopool.org:7777
POOL: sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777

and
Code:
POOL: sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-eu2.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-us-west1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
POOL: sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777, WALLET: sia_wallet/worker/email
and it doesn't work.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Does this work with ETC im trying to set it up on supernova but to no avail.. lol.

I've put the command in the header, it's working fine:

ethdcrminer64 -epool etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3333 -ewal suprnova.1 -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
is ETC oldstyle ETH ?

ETC before hardfork
ETH after hardfork?

or i'm i out thinking it

EDIT:
for how long do you think ETH is profitable ? read that it goes POS in 7 months
atm i'm getting 0.02295851/24h ETH on dwarf only have 1 390x
Jump to: