Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1244. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Juste received 3 R9 290 4Gb.
GPUZ shows 4Gb.
Miner shows 3Gb only. Any incidence ?

did you load the environment variables.  for linux add export in front of all these and setx on windows. 

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

just search one of those lines and you will find many posts about this

Best Regards
d57heinz

Usually it's the amd driver, try reinstall it or use the latest one.
Activity: 41
@Claymore

I have two rig with R9 380, with same hardware spec.  
Runing on Ubuntu 14.04, with fglrx 15.302 ( equal to 15.12 )

First Rig is using : genoil ethminer -> eth-proxy -> dwarfpool,  in dwarfpool status page calc hash rate : 129.71, sent hashrate : 125.83
Second Rig is using : claymore > dwarfpool, in dwarfpool status  page calc hash rate : 125.62, sent hashrate : 118.69

Thats like 5 to 6 percent decrease.
all gpu variable already set according to your manual.

This is claymore config
Code:
-esm 0
-erate 1
-ethi -16384
-mode 1
-tt -80
-tstop 80
-r 0
-dbg -1

This is ethminer config
Code:
./ethminer -G --opencl-platform 0 --opencl-devices 0 1 2 3 4 5 -F http://127.0.0.1:4052/worker --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 8192

Is there something wrong with my claymore config, also is it possible to set cl-local-work in claymore ?
I test both miner to switch mining software, the result is the same claymore has 5-6% lower hashrate
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
GPUZ shows 4Gb.

did you load the environment variables.  for linux add export in front of all these and setx on windows. 

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

just search one of those lines and you will find many posts about this

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
After some testing with rx480 I noticed that the miner does not show a stable hashrate. The best is ETH: 27Mh/s / DCR: 405 Mh/s but throttles down to 21 Mh/s / 320 Mh/s and stay in between very often.

Miner is 4.7 with default settings.
I tuned the GPU to avoid frequency throttling with:
GPU freq: default
RAM freq: 2250Mhz
Voltages: CPU near 1v (1010mV in wattman) and ram 975mV (set manual)
PowerLimit: +20%

...100W  Grin

check this gpu-z screenshot ->

i see this behaviour too on RX480 unter Linux with useing amdgpu-pro-driver-16.30.3.

@Claymore: any plans for linux amdgpu-pro driver support with new RX480 cards ?

Thanks
regards
Alex

@Claymore do you have some information regarding linux and rx480 with your miner ?
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
i just wanna ask what is the best vga card for mining who has psu 650 wats only? and are there website for calculate it. thank you very much.

depends on the pcie wires on the psu.  I know two rx 480's will run and the pc will use only 340 watts.  you need two separate pcie wires

@ claymore thank for this software it runs my 2 new rx 480's very well
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
i just wanna ask what is the best vga card for mining who has psu 650 wats only? and are there website for calculate it. thank you very much.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
GPUZ shows 4Gb.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Hello Claymore,

can you please let me know if choose Windows 7 64bit or Windows 10 64bit have any impact on your miner performance and stability ?

thx
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
i just wanna share that i am using claymore's dual miner in my new project:
http://simplemining.net/
it is basicly simple OS which you flash, give btc address in config and thats it.
it will mine by itself.
Anyway i will release alpha version of my OS very soon.
I have it working with newest drivers 16.30 on Ubuntu 16.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I have 3 x R9 390 and 2 x RX 480 rigs
The 390 rig shows fan speed and gpu degree and i can set -tt 75
But the RX 480 rig won't show fan speed or hot and i can not set -tt 75
Are u gonna fix it on next release Claymore?

Yes I will check it.
EDIT: 480 card uses Overdrive v7, latest ADK SDK (v9) supports Overdrive v6, so currently AMD has no public documents about Overdrive v7 and therefore there is no way to manage temperature/fans/clocks of 480 cards.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
any idea how to improve share rate?
I still get between 2-10% invalid Sad

BTW 4.7 v is working great!!
Code:
Total Shares: 9503, Rejected: 0, Time: 81:52
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
I have 3 x R9 390 and 2 x RX 480 rigs
The 390 rig shows fan speed and gpu degree and i can set -tt 75
But the RX 480 rig won't show fan speed or hot and i can not set -tt 75
Are u gonna fix it on next release Claymore?
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
If you undervolted your cards and tested stability with ETH only, they will crash when using DECRED (or any other heavy utilization for that matter).

with ETH you can easily get away with an unstable gpu core.  It barely uses the gpu. I just flashed my 290x's -> 290 (to disable 256 shaders), the power consumption dropped by 50 watts, and the hashrate stayed exactly the same.

You would then think ETH is memory dependent, but overclocking the memory does not increase my hashrate at all, and yet any gpu frequency bump produces immediate higher hashrates (about 1mh/s per 30mhz), despite the fact losing 256 shaders didn't drop performance to begin with.

Its a weird coin to mine on the 290's cards.   I don't know what portion of the GPU this coin uses..

saving 50watts without impact on MHs is impressive - did you use the Stilt BIOS mod?

I have inherited a 290 and 290x from old gaming systems.

I was thinking of playing around with it. Do you have the download site for Stilt BIOS mod?

No i havent flashed stilt bios.  I flashed the 390 mod bios you can find at overclock.net  http://www.overclock.net/t/1564219/modded-r9-390x-bios-for-r9-290-290x-updated-02-16-2016/0_50

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Woo Hoo!!  Just scored my 1st uncle on ethpool!!!  Cheesy  Just wanted to share!!

how many coins if i may ask?

some uncles can get more than 5... like 7-8 coins!

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
If you undervolted your cards and tested stability with ETH only, they will crash when using DECRED (or any other heavy utilization for that matter).

with ETH you can easily get away with an unstable gpu core.  It barely uses the gpu. I just flashed my 290x's -> 290 (to disable 256 shaders), the power consumption dropped by 50 watts, and the hashrate stayed exactly the same.

You would then think ETH is memory dependent, but overclocking the memory does not increase my hashrate at all, and yet any gpu frequency bump produces immediate higher hashrates (about 1mh/s per 30mhz), despite the fact losing 256 shaders didn't drop performance to begin with.

Its a weird coin to mine on the 290's cards.   I don't know what portion of the GPU this coin uses..

saving 50watts without impact on MHs is impressive - did you use the Stilt BIOS mod?

I have inherited a 290 and 290x from old gaming systems.

I was thinking of playing around with it. Do you have the download site for Stilt BIOS mod?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Woo Hoo!!  Just scored my 1st uncle on ethpool!!!  Cheesy  Just wanted to share!!

how many coins if i may ask?

some uncles can get more than 5... like 7-8 coins!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Changing back and forth between EXP and ETH (devfee) freeze some rigs.

Could this be fixed in next revision, Claymore? Like mining exp for devfee...

i cant find a switch in miner that helps that issue.

Try -eres 10
Activity: 45
Changing back and forth between EXP and ETH (devfee) freeze some rigs.
Could this be fixed in next revision, Claymore? Like mining exp for devfee...
i cant find a switch in miner that helps that issue.

Ok I will implement it in next update, it will be available in 2-3 days.

Sounds great! I have issues with different algos DAG rebuilding too unfortunately.
Jump to: