Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1243. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

i understand what you mean but it drops 0.03 in 1 day?? and the calculator on https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator showing for 53Mh/s 0.404 ether while i barely get 0.35 ethereum!!!

Calculators are just for guidance because they always assume optimal conditions. Real life earnings depend on other factors, mainly the pool's luck finding blocks.

Therefore, it's absolutely normal to have real earnings a bit lower than those calculated by any simulation algorithm
so you think 0.35 daily is fair for my 53Mh/s at the moment?? i really dont know. and is it the best claymore with ethermine or dwarf with my hashrate? or i should go smaller pool?
any suggestions. i really burnt trying Grin

I'm getting roughly the same with one of my rigs mining at that speed at ethermine pool. I left Dwarf's when they started having serious and systematic problems. A smaller pool is an increased risk because it can take two or three days to find a single block at that means you earn nothing during that period.

The choice between Claymore's or Genoil's depends also on your hardware, drivers, etc.

Finally, keep in mind that it won't make sense to compare today's result using Claymore's with the result's you got with Genoil's 3 or 4 days ago. In the meantime ETH difficulty increased and your earnings would have decreased regardless of the miner you used.
thank you very much
last question (i know it should not be in this thread) but i have an external fan working for my rig while the gpus fans at 100% and temps are 66-60-60 but if i switched off the external fan and started the miner it will restart my pc after 10 second im think before loading DAG. and that happens after i installed a new power supply, 16-16 cable and 16-1 raiser can the raiser cause that if the fan is off??

I know this doesn't answer ur question but, i'd lower the fan speed its perfectly fine to let the gpu's get a little warmer (about 75oC max) the lower fan speed will extend the life of ur fans, while the additional heat won't hurt ur gpu's.
i will reduce them step by step and monitor my temp (is 80 typical for life time or less). but is there is a way to make the ethmanger works from my laptop to check the rig? the ip is not working for me.should i change firewall settings or something like that?!
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

i understand what you mean but it drops 0.03 in 1 day?? and the calculator on https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator showing for 53Mh/s 0.404 ether while i barely get 0.35 ethereum!!!

Calculators are just for guidance because they always assume optimal conditions. Real life earnings depend on other factors, mainly the pool's luck finding blocks.

Therefore, it's absolutely normal to have real earnings a bit lower than those calculated by any simulation algorithm
so you think 0.35 daily is fair for my 53Mh/s at the moment?? i really dont know. and is it the best claymore with ethermine or dwarf with my hashrate? or i should go smaller pool?

I'm getting roughly the same with one of my rigs mining at that speed at ethermine pool. I left Dwarf's when they started having serious and systematic problems. A smaller pool is an increased risk because it can take two or three days to find a single block at that means you earn nothing during that period.

The choice between Claymore's or Genoil's depends also on your hardware, drivers, etc.

Finally, keep in mind that it won't make sense to compare today's result using Claymore's with the result's you got with Genoil's 3 or 4 days ago. In the meantime ETH difficulty increased and your earnings would have decreased regardless of the miner you used.
thank you very much
last question (i know it should not be in this thread) but i have an external fan working for my rig while the gpus fans at 100% and temps are 66-60-60 but if i switched off the external fan and started the miner it will restart my pc after 10 second im think before loading DAG. and that happens after i installed a new power supply, 16-16 cable and 16-1 raiser can the raiser cause that if the fan is off??

I know this doesn't answer ur question but, i'd lower the fan speed its perfectly fine to let the gpu's get a little warmer (about 75oC max) the lower fan speed will extend the life of ur fans, while the additional heat won't hurt ur gpu's.

F2Pool is paying 0.00735435 per MHS (minus 3% pool fee), Ether only mining mode

That works out to be 0.39 Ether at 53mhs, but you get a published 5% rejected share rate.

You should remember, most pools won't say what your actual rejected share rate is, because it is to difficult to code (I'm guessing).

Some pools may have 6% reject rate, others could be as high as 10%, which is simply his not coded into their implementation of Get or Stratum protocol.

So, the Net figure would be about 0.351 Ether a day at F2POOL.
thanks Smiley that leads to same 0.35 i wish to add one more 380 or trying the new 480 soon
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
I am getting 265 MH/s DCR with single R9 280X, is that score expected or can I tweak the settings for better hashrate?

thank you very much
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

F2Pool is paying 0.00735435 per MHS (minus 3% pool fee), Ether only mining mode

That works out to be 0.39 Ether at 53mhs, but you get a published 5% rejected share rate.

You should remember, most pools won't say what your actual rejected share rate is, because it is to difficult to code (I'm guessing).

Some pools may have 6% reject rate, others could be as high as 10%, which is simply his not coded into their implementation of Get or Stratum protocol.

So, the Net figure would be about 0.351 Ether a day at F2POOL.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

legendary

I had a very strange issue. when i start my rig using ethminer on Dwarf for 40Mh/s i got 0.3/daily ethereum for 2 days then it goes to 0.27 same when i switched to ethermine.org.and that always happened every time i add a new card.
now im on claymore+ethermine with 53 reported hash rate and i can not get more than 0.35 ether/daily

Nothing strange about this, as the difficulty increases earnings drop. Just look at the increase of difficulty over time https://stats.etherchain.org/dashboard/db/difficulty-evolution?theme=light.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
I had a very strange issue. when i start my rig using ethminer on Dwarf for 40Mh/s i got 0.3/daily ethereum for 2 days then it goes to 0.27 same when i switched to ethermine.org.and that always happened every time i add a new card.
now im on claymore+ethermine with 53 reported hash rate and i can not get more than 0.35 ether/daily

Nothing strange about this, as the difficulty increases earnings drop. Just look at the increase of difficulty over time https://stats.etherchain.org/dashboard/db/difficulty-evolution?theme=light.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Juste received 3 R9 290 4Gb.
GPUZ shows 4Gb.
Miner shows 3Gb only. Any incidence ?

did you load the environment variables.  for linux add export in front of all these and setx on windows. 

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

just search one of those lines and you will find many posts about this

Best Regards
d57heinz

Usually it's the amd driver, try reinstall it or use the latest one.

It is the driver. You can install the 15.12 Catalyst driver and see the effects. It is better not to use the latest driver.

That may be for your setup. For those that like to stay current on drivers can with this miner. I haven't had one issue with drivers and I've updated them every time amd come with update since Crimson 16.2.1.  I agree having the old driver is helpful for claymore to eliminate any sources of issues.  But for me I have had no issues or drop in speed by using the latest drivers. Mostly gained system stability while mining and watching videos etc. to each their own

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
@Claymore

since i move from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit ( I have 2 GPU HD7970 ) using your miner, often, but not always, I just see 1 GPU do u kwon why ?

I use crimson 15.12 and from the panel I can see 2 GPU with no issue at the same time that on miner show and use just 1 GPU.

I have to use some particolar configuration on windows 10 ?
This problem never happen on Windows 7,
do u suggest to downgrade to Windows 7 ?

thanks

Try updating/reinstall your driver, and if you access and start your miner from RDP it doesn't work, use VNC instead.

It works well with TeamViewer also.

It seems work now !!!
legendary
@Claymore

since i move from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit ( I have 2 GPU HD7970 ) using your miner, often, but not always, I just see 1 GPU do u kwon why ?

I use crimson 15.12 and from the panel I can see 2 GPU with no issue at the same time that on miner show and use just 1 GPU.

thanks

Try updating/reinstall your driver, and if you access and start your miner from RDP it doesn't work, use VNC instead.

It works well with TeamViewer also.
Activity: 41
@Claymore

thanks

Activity: 41
@Claymore
Is there something wrong with my claymore config, also is it possible to set cl-local-work in claymore ?
I test both miner to switch mining software, the result is the same claymore has 5-6% lower hashrate

Try "-etha 0" and then "-etha 1" to select best mode for your card.

on Linux I got 120MH/s now, on Windows 10 122MH/s
using genoil-ethminer I can get 125MH/s ( both Win and Linux is the same using this one )
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
@Claymore

thanks
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@Claymore
Is there something wrong with my claymore config, also is it possible to set cl-local-work in claymore ?
I test both miner to switch mining software, the result is the same claymore has 5-6% lower hashrate

Try "-etha 0" and then "-etha 1" to select best mode for your card.

@Claymore do you have some information regarding linux and rx480 with your miner ?
Thanks!

What's wrong with it?
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
Juste received 3 R9 290 4Gb.
GPUZ shows 4Gb.
Miner shows 3Gb only. Any incidence ?

did you load the environment variables.  for linux add export in front of all these and setx on windows. 

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

just search one of those lines and you will find many posts about this

Best Regards
d57heinz

Usually it's the amd driver, try reinstall it or use the latest one.

It is the driver. You can install the 15.12 Catalyst driver and see the effects. It is better not to use the latest driver.
Jump to: