Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1246. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
how much memmory do you need for expanse mining?

For the GPU, you need at least 2GB memory.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
After some testing with rx480 I noticed that the miner does not show a stable hashrate. The best is ETH: 27Mh/s / DCR: 405 Mh/s but throttles down to 21 Mh/s / 320 Mh/s and stay in between very often.

Miner is 4.7 with default settings.
I tuned the GPU to avoid frequency throttling with:
GPU freq: default
RAM freq: 2250Mhz
Voltages: CPU near 1v (1010mV in wattman) and ram 975mV (set manual)
PowerLimit: +20%

...100W  Grin

check this gpu-z screenshot -> https://i.imgur.com/qAa8pvW.gif
Activity: 87
Merit: 11
there`s something about mining EXP i cant figure out.

some rigs do EXP fine, but others hang and freeze (needing hard reboot).

same gpus, win7, same memory, same drivers...  Huh Huh

+1 Same problem here. ETH mining is fine but exp mining freeze rigs.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi Claymore - any updates on ETA for the new version that includes the 2nd coin option? Thanks

It is ready but it takes a lot of time to test it. So I think I will release it in 2-4 days.

@Claymore:
What is duration of 390X GPU round when -dcri is set 8 and 16? I still can't decide what value is better. 16 makes higher hashrate, but increases some losses due to job changes. You estimated it as 1% but with what pool and rig hashrate (if they matter at all)? I think the GPU round starts when new block is found (that is, every 14 seconds), but what is the round time with both settings? I want to prove myself that 8 is better :-)
In short, is -ethi 8 still better than -ethi 16 in the long run, despite the hashrate reported?

With -ethi 8 GPU round time for 390/390x cards is about 120ms, so it will take about 240ms for -ethi 16. Other cards have similar time, though fury cards have about 200ms for -ethi 8.
So you can use higher -ethi values if your pool accepts stales, system is stable and you don't worry that windows freezes, also if you see that hashrate is higher. Though I prefer -ethi 8 because I don't see any good speedup and pools pay less for stales.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Really curious situation,updated to 16.6.2 for having Rx 480 plugged in,installed driver all ok and then i noticed the hashrates:

Configuration: Win 10 64 bit
Video cards : 2x RX 480
1 x R9 390X Sapphire Nitro
1x R9 390X Gigabyte

Rx 480 mine at 27.8 with mem at 2200 the 390X Sapphire does 30.70 stock compared to 30.30 15.12 and the Gigabyte is 26 down from 30 on 15.12.

Why is Gigabyte R9 390X affected by the driver change and the R9 390X from Sapphire not?
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Hello,

I have 2 GPU card HD7970 on Windows 7 64 bit using Crimson 15.12, I have an hashrate of about 33 MH/s that it seem very slow copared to other people with the same or lower GPU, do I have to do some king of optimization ?
I have to upgrade the Crimson driver do version 16 ?
It is suggested move to Windows 10 ?

Thanks
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
there`s something about mining EXP i cant figure out.

some rigs do EXP fine, but others hang and freeze (needing hard reboot).

same gpus, win7, same memory, same drivers...  Huh Huh
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
how much memmory do you need for expanse mining?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
@Claymore:

What is duration of 390X GPU round when -dcri is set 8 and 16? I still can't decide what value is better. 16 makes higher hashrate, but increases some losses due to job changes. You estimated it as 1% but with what pool and rig hashrate (if they matter at all)? I think the GPU round starts when new block is found (that is, every 14 seconds), but what is the round time with both settings? I want to prove myself that 8 is better :-)

In short, is -ethi 8 still better than -ethi 16 in the long run, despite the hashrate reported?
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Which Claymore version is best Huh

New miner, was running on version 4.1 for a few days, didnt realize. So upgraded to the 4.7 Version, Temps drop by about 10 c on each GPU however the share rate dropped by over half so went to Version 4.6. So now im getting around 10 shares per 10mins. Goa run this for 24hrs see how it goes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Running 3 GPU's:  Sapphires (2 R9 290 standards & 1 R9 290 Tri X) getting 84.5 on average....

On looking at the numbers, think i was getting more return rate on shares on the 4.1 version however did run alot hotter....

Default eth intensity was lowered since v 4.1 from 16-8 this would account for lower temps.
Activity: 41
If u have problem with ur bat then show how it looks exactly. Otherwise its pointless guessing. Like maybe ur address is not complete and miner thinks its a username.

Yes should have of course, it was on one of my miners and I did not have access to it when I wrote. However, now its solved, really stupid. The .bat was a .sh  which came from a Linux box which I started to edit  and I was playing with a Win7 machine => wrong line breaks => all crap in windows cmd ...

Thanks for the reply

/Robert
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

New miner, was running on version 4.1 for a few days, didnt realize. So upgraded to the 4.7 Version, Temps drop by about 10 c on each GPU however the share rate dropped by over half so went to Version 4.6. So now im getting around 10 shares per 10mins. Goa run this for 24hrs see how it goes.

Running 3 GPU's:  Sapphires (2 R9 290 standards & 1 R9 290 Tri X) getting 84.5 on average....

On looking at the numbers, think i was getting more return rate on shares on the 4.1 version however did run alot hotter....

Not sure but since I believe 4.7 came out after the soft fork and it has the DOS vulnerability I think I may try 4.6 beta myself I still have that version archived. 

The miner from Claymore has nothing to do with the geth soft fork. You can use any version without problem.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Not sure but since I believe 4.7 came out after the soft fork and it has the DOS vulnerability I think I may try 4.6 beta myself I still have that version archived. 
Activity: 311

Windows 7 by default cannot install driver for more than 4 amd gpu, not to worry easy fix is to use this mod: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228
Run as admin select force, modify registry and reboot options. Note only run after u have installed driver, any change to drivers will need u to re-run the mod.

Tanks now Windows & Clay's Miner detect all 6 with no error but 2 of them with 0.00 hashrate + overdrive or the AMD settings app don't work  Huh

Which driver version are u using?
Activity: 194
Windows 7 by default cannot install driver for more than 4 amd gpu, not to worry easy fix is to use this mod: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228
Run as admin select force, modify registry and reboot options. Note only run after u have installed driver, any change to drivers will need u to re-run the mod.

Tanks now Windows & Clay's Miner detect all 6 with no error but 2 of them with 0.00 hashrate + overdrive or the AMD settings app don't work  Huh

Tanks gonna check this !
my rig : 6 X R9 290 / asrock z97 / i3 4170 / EVGA 1600 G2 / Win7 (but I tried 8.1 and server 2008 too)

windows detect all my GPU but Device Manager say 2 aren't working & AMD installer install correct on 4 of the 6 GPU but Radeon settings say no devices and wont open.  Huh
Claymore's dual Miner work fine with only 4 GPU but can't control OC at all + he does not even detect my 2 other R9  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore - any updates on ETA for the new version that includes the 2nd coin option? Thanks
my rig : 6 X R9 290 / asrock z97 / i3 4170 / EVGA 1600 G2 / Win7 (but I tried 8.1 and server 2008 too)

windows detect all my GPU but Device Manager say 2 aren't working & AMD installer install correct on 4 of the 6 GPU but Radeon settings say no devices and wont open.  Huh
Claymore's dual Miner work fine with only 4 GPU but can't control OC at all + he does not even detect my 2 other R9  Sad

Jump to: