Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1245. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Changing back and forth between EXP and ETH (devfee) freeze some rigs.
Could this be fixed in next revision, Claymore? Like mining exp for devfee...
i cant find a switch in miner that helps that issue.

Ok I will implement it in next update, it will be available in 2-3 days.
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
Changing back and forth between EXP and ETH (devfee) freeze some rigs.

Could this be fixed in next revision, Claymore? Like mining exp for devfee...

i cant find a switch in miner that helps that issue.
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
There r any difference using windows 7 64bit ot Windows 10 64 bit ?

I have 2 GPU HD7970, It si better to use Crimson 15.12 or the new one 16.X ?

Use the 15.11 or 15.12.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
7950 loses speed in dual mining when I tried it way back, you need more powerful card to take advantage of it.

Mining just exp or shift should net you 22 mh or more due to the smaller dag.

I assume you answer to me.

So it is a good idea to repeat OP:
"
Question:

I've tried to mine DCR and ETH using CDM

I could not get any stable operation with default mining settings (I think it is -dcri 30)

Cards: 4x R9 390, -100mV, GPU clock 1100 MHs, memory clock 1500 MHs

If anybody use double mining - what are your settings for stable work?"

Try either reducing oc or reduce undervolt if they are not stable.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
My 7950 strangely gains hash while dual mining. ETH alone and I get around 17.4 MH/s. ETH+DCR i get 17.7 Mh/s and 415 MH/s respectively.
This is a hardware-related feature many times explained in this thread. Take it as a bonus of dual-mining.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
There r any difference using windows 7 64bit ot Windows 10 64 bit ?

I have 2 GPU HD7970, It si better to use Crimson 15.12 or the new one 16.X ?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
7950 loses speed in dual mining when I tried it way back, you need more powerful card to take advantage of it.

My 7950 strangely gains hash while dual mining. ETH alone and I get around 17.4 MH/s. ETH+DCR i get 17.7 Mh/s and 415 MH/s respectively.

edit: dcri is set to 47
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I assume you answer to me.

So it is a good idea to repeat OP:
"
Question:

I could not get any stable operation with default mining settings (I think it is -dcri 30)

If anybody use double mining - what are your settings for stable work?"
Activity: 1008

Read 3 post back and you can see my command line... I'm on W7. I'm just trying to cool these baby's down lol

Ignore the -I stuff on the end lol

I have my command line working fine - the rig does not cooperate

Did you use the default settings for 7950?

What is your hashing rate for EXP and DCR?

legendary
Activity: 2198
Read 3 post back and you can see my command line... I'm on W7. I'm just trying to cool these baby's down lol

Ignore the -I stuff on the end lol
Guys,

Question:

If anybody use double mining - what are your settings for stable work?
legendary
Thanks I miss read ur original post, after you said altpool i switched over. Pool has found a couple of blocks since i started but not seeing any unconfirmed balance yet.
ya it takes a short period of time for the block to become immature, but it will... the mature. I mined on it the first day or 2, was good, but really needed a few more miners. But so far its picking up steam, I really like the layout and simple stats etc. Also it give a great recap of your true hashing per rig... best I have seen for the algo.

I have 2 more rigs to convert to claymore. see how it does in 24 hours. Having a bit of trouble with heat. I'm going to read again, think there was a mention on that. I removed the Intensity altogether for now... still a bit warm at prebuilt stock settings...but not as bad.

This is what I was looking for lol knew I had read that somewhere  Grin
-ethi   Ethereum intensity. Default value is 8, you can decrease this value if you don't want Windows to freeze or if you have problems with stability. The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".
   Also "-ethi" now can set intensity for every card individually, for example "-ethi 1,8,6".
Thanks I miss read ur original post, after you said altpool i switched over. Pool has found a couple of blocks since i started but not seeing any unconfirmed balance yet.
legendary
Just a comment here.

Today a few hours ago I came across this thread as I was thinking about moving away from Eth/Exp to go back to DCR for a few days.... after an hour or so of playing with this Claymore miner ... well it actually works for me!!  Smiley

Built a bat file, I loaded it up on a single 7950 miner just for fun... and what do ya know! I am mining on altpool /Exp and supernova DCR, still may need to tweak some, I did add -I 18 at the end of the command line for DCR to try to control the heat factor a little bit. (not sure if its helped but seems to have.)

All in all, I am very impressed with this software.  Wink

Will try it on the rest of the farm later once I feel I got it right.

THX Claymore!! pretty cool stuff  Grin

What is your cmd line for Exp on suprnova?
Hey I am not mining Exp on supernova, I am mining EXP on altpool and DCR on supernova (dual)

EDIT: This is what I am running right now on the test card:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum.exp.altpool.net:3333 -ewal 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -eworker 7 -allcoins -1 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal xxx.7 -dpsw x -I 15

I will try multi GPU setup later on tonight... see how it goes, but this is awesome stuff here  Wink hope this helps  Wink

Just a comment here.

Today a few hours ago I came across this thread as I was thinking about moving away from Eth/Exp to go back to DCR for a few days.... after an hour or so of playing with this Claymore miner ... well it actually works for me!!  Smiley

Built a bat file, I loaded it up on a single 7950 miner just for fun... and what do ya know! I am mining on altpool /Exp and supernova DCR, still may need to tweak some, I did add -I 18 at the end of the command line for DCR to try to control the heat factor a little bit. (not sure if its helped but seems to have.)

All in all, I am very impressed with this software.  Wink

THX Claymore!! pretty cool stuff  Grin

What is your cmd line for Exp on suprnova?
legendary
On another note... the rest of my rigs have 3 and 4 cards per rig.... of various models

Still not sure on the multi card set up. Do I need to place -di 3210 for rigs say with 4 GPU's? or if I do not put that in there, will the miner find all cards on the rig accordingly...

THX
legendary
Just a comment here.

Today a few hours ago I came across this thread as I was thinking about moving away from Eth/Exp to go back to DCR for a few days.... after an hour or so of playing with this Claymore miner ... well it actually works for me!!  Smiley

All in all, I am very impressed with this software.  Wink

THX Claymore!! pretty cool stuff  Grin
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
After some testing with rx480 I noticed that the miner does not show a stable hashrate. The best is ETH: 27Mh/s / DCR: 405 Mh/s but throttles down to 21 Mh/s / 320 Mh/s and stay in between very often.

Miner is 4.7 with default settings.
I tuned the GPU to avoid frequency throttling with:
GPU freq: default
RAM freq: 2250Mhz
Voltages: CPU near 1v (1010mV in wattman) and ram 975mV (set manual)
PowerLimit: +20%

...100W  Grin

check this gpu-z screenshot ->

i see this behaviour too on RX480 unter Linux with useing amdgpu-pro-driver-16.30.3.

@Claymore: any plans for linux amdgpu-pro driver support with new RX480 cards ?

Thanks
regards
Alex
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Hi Claymore - any updates on ETA for the new version that includes the 2nd coin option? Thanks

It is ready but it takes a lot of time to test it. So I think I will release it in 2-4 days.

I've love to see you add a "mode" for EXP.  Like "mode 3". 

Then your devfee mines exp rather than trying to switch back to ETH. When it switches back to ETH it causes problems as it has to switch the DAG. It's not nearly as smooth as if I only mine ETH.

I'd like to run one of my rigs full time on EXP and the others on ETH.
Jump to: