Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1267. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
-ttdcr   reduce Decred intensity automatically if GPU temperature is above specified value. For example, "-ttdcr 80" reduces Decred intensity if GPU temperature is above 80C.
   You can see current Decred intensity coefficients in detailed statistics ("s" key). So if you set "-dcr 50" but Decred intensity coefficient is 20% it means that GPU currently mines DCR at "-dcri 10".
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-ttdcr 80,85,80". You also should specify non-zero value for "-tt" option to enable this option.
   NOTE: Check "KNOWN ISSUES" section. GPU indexes in temperature control sometimes don't match GPU indexes in mining!

I didn't find specification of option -dcr. Could you explain this option, or is a mistake in the description?

Fixed, it must be "-dcri 50" instead of "-dcr 50".
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
-ttdcr   reduce Decred intensity automatically if GPU temperature is above specified value. For example, "-ttdcr 80" reduces Decred intensity if GPU temperature is above 80C.
   You can see current Decred intensity coefficients in detailed statistics ("s" key). So if you set "-dcr 50" but Decred intensity coefficient is 20% it means that GPU currently mines DCR at "-dcri 10".
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-ttdcr 80,85,80". You also should specify non-zero value for "-tt" option to enable this option.
   NOTE: Check "KNOWN ISSUES" section. GPU indexes in temperature control sometimes don't match GPU indexes in mining!

I didn't find specification of option -dcr. Could you explain this option, or is a mistake in the description?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
hello, i'm trying this miner.... v4.6 i have 3 gpu directly on my motherboard... and usualy mine whit ethermine and all work ok.. when start this miner find only 1 gpu... how i can fix this?
i have modify virtual memory in 16GB .... and i have installed amd crimson 15.12 ... this is good amd driver?? Catalyst v15.12 = Crimson v.15.12?? if now where i can download Catalyst v15.12?

thanks for all

I don't know if this helps but I have seen this happening when using remote desktop connection. With vnc it finds all gpu's.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010
hello, i'm trying this miner.... v4.6 i have 3 gpu directly on my motherboard... and usualy mine whit ethermine and all work ok.. when start this miner find only 1 gpu... how i can fix this?
i have modify virtual memory in 16GB .... and i have installed amd crimson 15.12 ... this is good amd driver?? Catalyst v15.12 = Crimson v.15.12?? if now where i can download Catalyst v15.12?

thanks for all
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Is anyone else getting 0 valid ethereum shares submitted since about 5 hours ago? We've been mining around the clock for quite a long time with this miner when not rented. Since about 5 hours ago, 0 valid shares submitted on Dwarfpool. Is it a miner issue, or a pool issue?

I'm on Ethermine and submitting shares just fine.

Can someone give me a good command line to connect to ethpool or ethermine?  It seems to not work the same way as dwarfpool.  
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9.asus -epsw x -di 1 -esm 1 -mode 1 -r 0 -etha 0 -ethi 16 -ftime 10

and same for linux?

Linux (Ubuntu) looks like:

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9.asus -epsw x -di 1 -esm 1 -mode 1 -r 0 -etha 0 -ethi 16 -ftime 10

make sure you notice export and the added equals sign

It doesn't work Sad

Code:
UNKNOWN OPTION GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

etc..
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
v4.6:
- bug fixes.

Can you confirm if it has any stability improvements on Linux regarding statistics socket? 4.4 had issues, 4.5 didn't have as I thought but there was a report of them here. Today I also found the issue of loosing socket by 4.5 on Linux. What about 4.6, were any changes done for it?

I am asking since improving my open-source cross-platform monitoring utility adding few features like email notifications on failures (no response from miner since time shown, low hashrate since time shown, etc), miner restart on specific failures (programmed reject rate, etc). And the stability of monitoring and control socket is a must for all such features.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
@spyshagg

1 - No, you need GPU with at least 2GB memory.

2 - No, refer above.

You can check https://www.whattomine.com for a start.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Two questions

1 -  Can this miner be made to run on ATI 4870?    (I tried it, it doesn't detect openCL)

2 -  Can this miner be made to run on CPU only?

Also, a bit offtopic, but how do you figure out which coin currency is worth more to mine at any given time?
thanks Smiley
donator
Miners developer
Claymore - I know this is probably considered pointless for 99.99% of people, so I don't really expect it - but since it's rather easy, I'm hoping you might get bored:
Is it possible you could add an option to load a kernel binary instead of using the builtin one? I'm of course not suggesting you load yours this way, but I meant, as an option to use others. NOT OpenCL, but a kernel binary.

It's possible of course, though it's not so easy as you describe because I use several kernels and a bit different params.
Anyway, I don't see any reasons to spend time for such thing.
donator
Miners developer
Hi, Claymore!
Can you increase the time given to the activation of the sound notification to 1 minute?
In my rigs I observe periodic drawdown reported heshreyt for about 20% of that last 5-40 seconds. I do not know what causes it, but because this is a false positive alerts. And if I turn it off - miss a moment, when really everything stopped working.

If you spend some time monitoring options - it would be great.
For example allow the user to manually select the time interval, which is critical to start alert, and give the opportunity to choose which Hashrate drop (%) considered critical.

Thank you, and regards!

Ok, I'll add these options.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
Hi, Claymore!
Can you increase the time given to the activation of the sound notification to 1 minute?
In my rigs I observe periodic drawdown reported heshreyt for about 20% of that last 5-40 seconds. I do not know what causes it, but because this is a false positive alerts. And if I turn it off - miss a moment, when really everything stopped working.

If you spend some time monitoring options - it would be great.
For example allow the user to manually select the time interval, which is critical to start alert, and give the opportunity to choose which Hashrate drop (%) considered critical.

Thank you, and regards!
Is there any way and if how to make a chart with hashrate based on EthMan datas?

#EDIT:
Something wrong:

I have set:
-tt 82
-ttdcr 78
-fanmax 95

this hashrate is 40% of DCRI
Nice  to hear about  new  version!  Good work!  Anyone here tested?  Any hashrate  differnce?

I have just downloaded it and testing.
My first request: Dear Claymore could you write all options to config file I would like to config miner on few rigs so it helps me a little to uncoment desired options and set it than rewriting it manually...

It looks like its new options work  but I don't know yet if works correctly ]:>

I am looking for issue but I cannot find any Tongue
ETH hashrate is slightly lower (but it is about 0,5mhs or so on 3cards rig)

maybe I would like to see DCRI in numbers not percent..
donator
Miners developer
v4.6:

- added "-esm 3" option value to support Nicehash Stratum implementation.
- added "-ttdcr" option.
- improved "-tstop" option - now you can specify negative values to close miner instead of stopping GPU.
- added "-fanmax" option.
- failover if pool rejects too many shares.
- fixed issue with wrong "-esm" value that miner could show.
- bug fixes.
- EthMan: added sound notification.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
It would be a different miner in a different discussion thread Smiley

Sir, Yes, Sir!
donator
Miners developer
Instead, I prefer to spend time for other things, for example, check what coins can be mined instead of Decred in dual mode.

Or other coin instead of ETH (based on last trend)

It would be a different miner in a different discussion thread Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Instead, I prefer to spend time for other things, for example, check what coins can be mined instead of Decred in dual mode.

Or other coin instead of ETH (based on last trend)
donator
Miners developer
Have anyone managed to make CDM with new Dagger-Hashimoto algo on Nicehash? Could you share the config or bat file?

Nicehash created another stratum version, incompatible with other versions. So I have to implement "-esm 3", working on it.

Has this been implemented / released yet? Extremely interested. Thanks
Also, what bout decred support for nicehash?

Ethereum - yes.
Decred - no. I do not understand why they create own stratum implementations for every coin, slightly different, with no benefits. I would have to create some option like "-esm" but for Decred. May be I will do it in future (if I get several requests about that), but not right now. Instead, I prefer to spend time for other things, for example, check what coins can be mined instead of Decred in dual mode.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Have anyone managed to make CDM with new Dagger-Hashimoto algo on Nicehash? Could you share the config or bat file?

Nicehash created another stratum version, incompatible with other versions. So I have to implement "-esm 3", working on it.

Has this been implemented / released yet? Extremely interested. Thanks
Also, what bout decred support for nicehash?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Could you add sound notification when miner is down with ability on\off that feauture.

Already done in v4.6, just wait for 2-3 hours until I release it.

ok, thank you.
Jump to: