Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1269. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
I think if there were a problem with the miner it would have come up by now.  A lot of mining software and wallets trigger false positives with virus software.  So far Claymore has not have any complaints from people using the software.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Someone should throw a running miner inside a VM to watch its behavior on the network though.  If this does contain a trojan and it is keylogging or stealing our wallet keys and passwords we should see some traffic to addresses that aren't the pool we're mining.  He packed the binary but that doesn't mean we can't look into it further.
Anyway, never ever mine from a machine where your wallet resides. This is true for any crypto currency
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Are people really gullible enough to think that if a dev included a trojan in his software he's going to admit it?  LOL I guess I really overestimate people.

Yeah guys you caught me, hahaha.  I included a trojan, LOL my bad sorry ok?
Well, I don't know why would claymore do that, considering there's a devfee in the miner and I guess it's far more profitable (and legit!) than a trojan/malware/whateverware

Claymore used some programming method to protect his miner. That is recognised as a virus. But it is not .
I know. I just pointed out the fact it would be counterproductive for him to add a trojan. Devfee's a much better way

The point I was trying to make above is that it's ridiculous to come to the guy you suspect is a thief and ask if he's a thief and expect an honest answer.

Someone should throw a running miner inside a VM to watch its behavior on the network though.  If this does contain a trojan and it is keylogging or stealing our wallet keys and passwords we should see some traffic to addresses that aren't the pool we're mining.  He packed the binary but that doesn't mean we can't look into it further.
Activity: 59
Are people really gullible enough to think that if a dev included a trojan in his software he's going to admit it?  LOL I guess I really overestimate people.

Yeah guys you caught me, hahaha.  I included a trojan, LOL my bad sorry ok?
Well, I don't know why would claymore do that, considering there's a devfee in the miner and I guess it's far more profitable (and legit!) than a trojan/malware/whateverware

Claymore used some programming method to protect his miner. That is recognised as a virus. But it is not .
I know. I just pointed out the fact it would be counterproductive for him to add a trojan. Devfee's a much better way

The point I was trying to make above is that it's ridiculous to come to the guy you suspect is a thief and ask if he's a thief and expect an honest answer.
Are people really gullible enough to think that if a dev included a trojan in his software he's going to admit it?  LOL I guess I really overestimate people.

Yeah guys you caught me, hahaha.  I included a trojan, LOL my bad sorry ok?

Activity: 693
Merit: 508
Are people really gullible enough to think that if a dev included a trojan in his software he's going to admit it?  LOL I guess I really overestimate people.

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I'm using drivers on Windows 7 and Windows 10, version 16.6.1
I get 28-29mh with dual mode stock settings on 290X for both.
Almost 30MH if I overclock to the max limit and undervolt.

390 I get 29-31 depending on engine speed, can get 33MH if I overclock to limits but not stable, dual mode as well.

390X I get 30-31, 33MH max as well.

Is this normal, good, or bad?
Would running the older drivers be better?
Ubuntu? etc.

Activity: 11
MS security essentials detects "Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah.A!bit"
was quite pissed when i found out that it removed the exe last night Wink
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Can I use latest drivers or it should be Catalyst 15.12?
My Decred is only 274 Mh/s on dual, is that normal?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

nah no one actually thinks claymore put a trojan anywhere, its just a false positive.  problem is win10 actually messes your computer without asking you.  like me, it deleted the .exe while mining - it was in use - and b00m gone.  even if he put a trojan, meh what he's going to steal, my rig aint got nothing on it but rigging. 
Activity: 59

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
claymore....windows defender is now detecting your .exe and automatically deleting it...

edit edit:  Skeeyah.A!bit trojan..  claymore im sure its a false positive, but still sucks ?

edit: even when disabled in group policy...>the system cannot execute the specified program<

editediteditedit:  I suck at editing.  other than that, this is just an annoyance.  for win10 users, just add exclusion to the dual miner folder and to the .exe

In Windows Defender, just select "exclude" the folder that CDM is running from. Thereafter no more issues. No drama.

Defender isn't actually the best of AV out there... even Nicehash Miner is identified as virus.... sheesh!

Claymore this is definitely not a trojan yes?

EDIT: just saw you confirmed and edited first post. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
I just put exception for the entire C drive in Defender settings, as I don't want Defender to mess with anything at all.  It will fix your issue.

i just add the claymore folder and the remote manager folder in that folder just to be sure.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
yeah I know, really I dont care that much.  But today it actually deleted the .exe from the HD without user input....so lets just say that stopped my mining Tongue
[/quote

Win10 does that alot. It will even auto remove all "unauthorised" apps in your PC without any warning.
Also it's tracks your every move to "improve" so called user experience... All my miners are with Win8.1
legendary
yeah I know, really I dont care that much.  But today it actually deleted the .exe from the HD without user input....so lets just say that stopped my mining Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
claymore....windows defender is now detecting your .exe and automatically deleting it...

edit edit:  Skeeyah.A!bit trojan..  claymore im sure its a false positive, but still sucks ?

edit: even when disabled in group policy...>the system cannot execute the specified program<

editediteditedit:  I suck at editing.  other than that, this is just an annoyance.  for win10 users, just add exclusion to the dual miner folder and to the .exe

In Windows Defender, just select "exclude" the folder that CDM is running from. Thereafter no more issues. No drama.

Defender isn't actually the best of AV out there... even Nicehash Miner is identified as virus.... sheesh!
legendary

editediteditedit:  I suck at editing.  other than that, this is just an annoyance.  for win10 users, just add exclusion to the dual miner folder and to the .exe
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Yeah Claymore, if you indeed wrote in a backdoor - I'm sure you'd tell us, RIGHT?
WTF - There is  %0 chance of risk abatement by asking the developer anything about this.

You are 100% correct.

I understand your work here has value, but, it's based on software that others have built.
At some point, you really should consider releasing the code.

You are wrong. I don't use any GPL code and I don't have to release sources. There are a few ETH miners, you can easily detect if a miner is based on original ethminer.

Or, address the problems of virus "confusion" like a typical software vendor.

Did you ever try that? I did. The only real option is to contact AV vendor and tell them about false alarm. And usually false alarms are from weak AV with no real support, they just ignore your messages.
It's impossible task. Especially for mining software that can be used in botnets with almost no changes.

This is why I refuse to use your miner, and don't promote it.

No problem. Some people use only free and open-source software like Linux. Some people pay for closed-source software like Windows. You always have a choice.
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
Smell the glove.

Even v1.0 was recognized as a virus by some antiviruses, check first page of this thread. I have no idea how these AVs work and why they find different viruses in different versions.
Check this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15070453

EDIT: Added more info to "KNOWN ISSUES" in OP.

Yeah Claymore, if you indeed wrote in a backdoor - I'm sure you'd tell us, RIGHT?
WTF - There is  %0 chance of risk abatement by asking the developer anything about this.

I understand your work here has value, but, it's based on software that others have built.
At some point, you really should consider releasing the code.
Or, address the problems of virus "confusion" like a typical software vendor.

This is why I refuse to use your miner, and don't promote it.
Jump to: