Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1270. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Thanks for clarifying this out, just suspicious about backdoors...
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Even v1.0 was recognized as a virus by some antiviruses, check first page of this thread. I have no idea how these AVs work and why they find different viruses in different versions.
Check this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15070453

EDIT: Added more info to "KNOWN ISSUES" in OP.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Just one question.

I have the android App "Claymores Dual Miner Monitor" but it does only work as long as my phone is logged into the same network as the mining PC's are...

As soon as I leave the house it doesn't work anymore. Is this a bug or is it meant to do this?
You have to open ports in your router to map your external ip to your miners. But I strongly advise you against that because there's no security and anyone with your public ip can mess with your rigs
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

[/quote]

une mise à jour de windows defender considère EthDcrMiner64.exe comme un virus...
vérifie que l'exe est toujours présent. et créé une exception pour le chemin de ton mineur Smiley
[/quote]

Merci de ta réponse ultra rapide  Wink

Je n'ai pas windows defender d'actif j'ai My antivirus, et j'ai fait les chemins d’exceptions (dossiers, sous dossiers et processus(.exe et .bat)) dessus, de même sur windows defender, mais le probleme persiste, je rejetterais un oeil ce soir et te tient informé si je trouve ou pas lol

Merci
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
Just one question.

I have the android App "Claymores Dual Miner Monitor" but it does only work as long as my phone is logged into the same network as the mining PC's are...

As soon as I leave the house it doesn't work anymore. Is this a bug or is it meant to do this?
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Bonjour,

Cette nuit mise a jour windows 10, et mon claymore's ne s'ouvre plus... enfin si  0.5 seconde

Comment faire pour qu'il travail a nouveau?

Merci

Hello,

Tonight update windows 10 and my claymore's no longer opens ... well 0.5 seconds

How to work it again?

Thanks

une mise à jour de windows defender considère EthDcrMiner64.exe comme un virus...
vérifie que l'exe est toujours présent. et créé une exception pour le chemin de ton mineur Smiley
Activity: 2
Bonjour,

Cette nuit mise a jour windows 10, et mon claymore's ne s'ouvre plus... enfin si  0.5 seconde

Comment faire pour qu'il travail a nouveau?

Merci

Hello,

Tonight update windows 10 and my claymore's no longer opens ... well 0.5 seconds

How to work it again?

Thanks
Activity: 196
with -tt 95, it means that it will lower fan speed until it reaches around 95 degrees constantly, then when it reachs higher than 95 degrees, your fan speed will increase to reduce the temp, and once it gets lower than 95 degrees, your fan speed with go up higher again, and repeat. So for example, if you have -tt 95, your fan speed will most likely run like 20% until it reaches 95 degrees, then it will run the fan at 100% to reduce the temperature, and repeat.

FYI, -tt 95 might be unsafe. So just use only -tstop 95 if you want it to stop at 95 degrees.

Edit: A good setting for you will be to let automatic fan control back on and set -tt 70 and -tstop 95, that way, it will stop if temp goes higher than 95, but if your temp is around 70 or below, there will be no need to still have the fan run at a constant 100%, since it will degrade your fan life span if running 100% 24/7. Like for me, at night, there is a cool breeze, so my fans goes back down to like 50% while still maintaining around 70 degrees.

Thanks Pikachuy -
As of today windows defender is calling this a virus. Just a heads up.

It is already for couple of days - had to switch WD off
That doesn't seem like a smart response. Isn't there some way to add an exception? Also
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspxname=Trojan%3aWin32%2fSkeeyah.A!bit&threatid=2147695505&enterprise=0
I don't know how common false positives for Trojans are. I have not heard of such problems from official Ethereum CLI or genoil. If that is borne out it would be interesting and not exactly reassuring.

I just put exception for the entire C drive in Defender settings, as I don't want Defender to mess with anything at all.  It will fix your issue.
Activity: 5

That doesn't seem like a smart response. Isn't there some way to add an exception? Also
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspxname=Trojan%3aWin32%2fSkeeyah.A!bit&threatid=2147695505&enterprise=0
I don't know how common false positives for Trojans are. I have not heard of such problems from official Ethereum CLI or genoil. If that is borne out it would be interesting and not exactly reassuring.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Activity: 5
Activity: 120
so i have 1 r9 390 and 2 r9 nanos. cant seem to get them both detected in the program. it does one or the other. is there an issue with different cards in one system?
Activity: 19
Install Ubuntu desktop 14.0.4 (LTS), and choose login without password during the setup.

sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get -y install fglrx (there doesn't seem to be any difference with fglrx-updates on 14.0.4)
reboot

Download the Claymore miner, edit start.bash with your pool info. See first post of thread for pool examples
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
so to get this running on ubuntu what else do i need to do besides download this software, sorry i am new to linux. i have set up the config and everything but when i click the ethdcrminer64 to run the program nothing happens. thanks!
i am on ubuntu 16.04 , maybe this is the issue, i need the old version of linux? all updates have been installed.
Activity: 19
Is anyone else getting 0 valid ethereum shares submitted since about 5 hours ago? We've been mining around the clock for quite a long time with this miner when not rented. Since about 5 hours ago, 0 valid shares submitted on Dwarfpool. Is it a miner issue, or a pool issue?

I'm on Ethermine and submitting shares just fine.

Can someone give me a good command line to connect to ethpool or ethermine?  It seems to not work the same way as dwarfpool.  
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9.asus -epsw x -di 1 -esm 1 -mode 1 -r 0 -etha 0 -ethi 16 -ftime 10

and same for linux?

Linux (Ubuntu) looks like:

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9.asus -epsw x -di 1 -esm 1 -mode 1 -r 0 -etha 0 -ethi 16 -ftime 10

make sure you notice export and the added equals sign
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Is anyone else getting 0 valid ethereum shares submitted since about 5 hours ago? We've been mining around the clock for quite a long time with this miner when not rented. Since about 5 hours ago, 0 valid shares submitted on Dwarfpool. Is it a miner issue, or a pool issue?

I'm on Ethermine and submitting shares just fine.

Can someone give me a good command line to connect to ethpool or ethermine?  It seems to not work the same way as dwarfpool.  
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9.asus -epsw x -di 1 -esm 1 -mode 1 -r 0 -etha 0 -ethi 16 -ftime 10

and same for linux?
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
with -tt 95, it means that it will lower fan speed until it reaches around 95 degrees constantly, then when it reachs higher than 95 degrees, your fan speed will increase to reduce the temp, and once it gets lower than 95 degrees, your fan speed with go up higher again, and repeat. So for example, if you have -tt 95, your fan speed will most likely run like 20% until it reaches 95 degrees, then it will run the fan at 100% to reduce the temperature, and repeat.

FYI, -tt 95 might be unsafe. So just use only -tstop 95 if you want it to stop at 95 degrees.

Edit: A good setting for you will be to let automatic fan control back on and set -tt 70 and -tstop 95, that way, it will stop if temp goes higher than 95, but if your temp is around 70 or below, there will be no need to still have the fan run at a constant 100%, since it will degrade your fan life span if running 100% 24/7. Like for me, at night, there is a cool breeze, so my fans goes back down to like 50% while still maintaining around 70 degrees.
If I want to have the GPU stop mining at Temp = 95C or above.  Do I only need to set the -tstop to 95 or do I also have to set -tt to 95 as well?  Fan control I set to manual at 100% via MSI After burner so I want it to remain that way.   Please advise.  Thanks

-tt   set target GPU temperature. For example, "-tt 80" means 80C temperature. You can also specify values for every card, for example "-tt 70,80,75".
   You can also set static fan speed if you specify negative values, for example "-tt -50" sets 50% fan speed. Specify zero to disable control and hide GPU statistics.
   "-tt 1" (default) does not manage fans but shows GPU temperature and fan status every 30 seconds. Specify values 2..5 if it is too often.

-tstop   set stop GPU temperature, miner will stop mining if GPU reaches specified temperature. For example, "-tstop 95" means 95C temperature. You can also specify values for every card, for example "-tstop 95,85,90".
   This feature is disabled by default ("-tstop 0"). You also should specify non-zero value for "-tt" option to enable this option.
   NOTE: Check "KNOWN ISSUES" section. GPU indexes in temperature control sometimes don't match GPU indexes in mining!
   If it turned off wrong card, it will close miner in 30 seconds.
Jump to: