Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1307. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
4. can you add rig parameters like, CPU, RAM, GPU type etc.

haha... new bot-net soon will be created?
if rig urs - u know rig configs.

If you have 20+ rigs, then you don't remember configs.

I have put my 25th GPU into action with CDM 4.3, and I plan to also use other CPU and RAM types for the next batch.

I foresee I will have a challenge to keeping up with rig configs later, I have to revert to spreadsheet at the moment.

Perhaps Claymore can put a generic "remark" field at the end of each miner, so that we can store a 30 chars notes.

It's a good idea, I will add it.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Set up two identical rigs, one with the latest catalyst drivers and one with the recommended v15.12, it would seem after 24 hrs that the v15.12 drivers are outperforming the latest drivers.

Cards are R9 Nano's.

..is this the expected result?

Yep read the first post he tells you to use 15.12

Thought it would be an opportune moment to test this theory out!

I have upgraded to 16.3.2 about 2 weeks ago, and I find no difference in performance (29.4-29.8MHs per card)

I do see "Intel device recovery" popups much much less now with that new catalyst.

It maybe unique to my environment however my 390s with slightly overclocked/undervolted settings are consistently hitting 29.8MH/s per card with CDM43.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I have put my 25th GPU into action with CDM 4.3, and I plan to also use other CPU and RAM types for the next batch.

I foresee I will have a challenge to keeping up with rig configs later, I have to revert to spreadsheet at the moment.

Perhaps Claymore can put a generic "remark" field at the end of each miner, so that we can store a 30 chars notes.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Set up two identical rigs, one with the latest catalyst drivers and one with the recommended v15.12, it would seem after 24 hrs that the v15.12 drivers are outperforming the latest drivers.

Cards are R9 Nano's.

Thought it would be an opportune moment to test this theory out!
Activity: 847
Merit: 383

Cards are R9 Nano's.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
any profit comparison between solo mining and pool mining?
Activity: 72

Cards are R9 Nano's.

Activity: 96
And by the way, I wouldn't use CDM to solo mine. When you solo mine, you don't want 36 or 72 seconds per hour not mining for yourself because in this time it can be when you're gonna hit a block. If you are pool mining then it is ok because shares you will be hitting a lot anyway. I'll give you an example: a few months ago when I was still solo mining, I was gonna stop one of my rigs and in the time between hitting CTRL and C this rig found one block.

Your logic is incorrect. Miner will send 1% or 2% of mining time anyway - pool or solo modes. Probability to find the block in solo mining when miner is busy in devfee mining is the same 1% or 2%.
So check your math again.

You're right in the probability thing. What I mean is that unless you have a huge hashrate and are solo finding blocks all the time, the situation is not like in pool mining. I miss a share in devfee time when pool mining and I don't care because it will even out in no time. I miss a block in solo mining and it will take ages to even out. And meanwhile the difficulty will be raising making the chance to even out smaller. Unless you have a huge hashrate, as I said. Please correct me if my thoughts are wrong.
Thats where you wrong, it takes no time to recover after finding a block, chances stay the same. Considering that, looks like u mind paying a fee.

citronic, thats what miner names are for. Like m1 2x290x, m2 6x370
Activity: 80

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
It would be cool to have ping in remote manager Smiley
Anyway, thank you for it.
Made a small PHP thing for myself Wink
http://jpegshare.net/images/78/98/7898354c3131913d0949dd1fc61a90bf.png

If miner is not available, it becomes red. Why do you need ping?

I mean the ping that shows in miner when share was accepted.
donator
Miners developer

If miner is not available, it becomes red. Why do you need ping?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
http://jpegshare.net/images/78/98/7898354c3131913d0949dd1fc61a90bf.png
donator
Miners developer
And by the way, I wouldn't use CDM to solo mine. When you solo mine, you don't want 36 or 72 seconds per hour not mining for yourself because in this time it can be when you're gonna hit a block. If you are pool mining then it is ok because shares you will be hitting a lot anyway. I'll give you an example: a few months ago when I was still solo mining, I was gonna stop one of my rigs and in the time between hitting CTRL and C this rig found one block.

Your logic is incorrect. Miner will send 1% or 2% of mining time anyway - pool or solo modes. Probability to find the block in solo mining when miner is busy in devfee mining is the same 1% or 2%.

You're right in the probability thing. What I mean is that unless you have a huge hashrate and are solo finding blocks all the time, the situation is not like in pool mining. I miss a share in devfee time when pool mining and I don't care because it will even out in no time. I miss a block in solo mining and it will take ages to even out. And meanwhile the difficulty will be raising making the chance to even out smaller. Unless you have a huge hashrate, as I said. Please correct me if my thoughts are wrong.

I can only say the same: Probability to miss the block in solo mining when miner is busy in devfee mining is the same - 1% or 2%. Not more.
In your point of view, you afraid that you can miss the block. Yes you can miss it, but probability is 1-2%.
But for the rest of time (98%-99%) you pay nothing for devfee at all because you would check weak hashes anyway.

About slow/huge hashrate: if you mine solo with slow hashrate to find one block, probability to miss it due to devfee mining is the same - 1-2%. Of course if you are very unlucky (1-2%), you can miss it immediately. But if you are unlucky, you can also search for a block forever. It is not a devfee problem, it is a problem of bad luck. On other side, if you are lucky a bit (98-99%), you will lose absolutely nothing for devfee in solo mode.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I think that the probability to get a block in 1-2% of time is compensated by increased probability to find it in the remaining 98-99% of time due to higher hash rate. So it still win. If you miss a block in this 1-2% of time, you just get a new hash to calculate, and the probability to find this one will be exactly the same. So as soon as your average hash rate (in 100% of time) is higher, you win.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Connects, looks like it starts mining and Geth console shows the connection. But not seeing any shares? only temps and new jobs. On pool, i'm seeing accepted shares almost instantly. Doing something wrong here?

ETH: 05/19/16-17:44:09 - New job (target 0x000000000006f68d) from localhost:8545
I didn't try solo mining. But I guess that with solo mode your "share" means to be a block solution. With such difficulty difference (compare yours and pool ones) and your hashrate you should mine few days, maybe a week on average, to find a block. I think so, but might be wrong.

I actually have 600mh of miners that I want to solo mine, but so far only the local box running Geth is connecting my GPU's and that's the 120mh you see here. Tried pointing my other rigs to this Geth box and getting failure to connect messages. I would think I should still see accepted shares as rarely are they blocks on a pool. I avg 450 accepted shares per hour on a pool like Nano, so I was expecting to see similar results solo mining.

The not connecting is most likely because you set rpc to 127.0.0.1 and then geth only accepts connections from the same machine. Use the local ip instead.

Thanks for the info, very helpful. So in your opinion, I should use ethminer doing solo on my Geth? Even though CMD give me a higher hash rate? With either I get 103mh on 1 rig, with CMD I get 120mh. With all my hw, using Ethminer its 460mh, with CMD its 550Mh. Considerable difference.

Thanks,

In your case with this hashrate increase it pays off to use CDM. My thoughts are right or maybe wrong, I tried to clarify them in the post above.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100

donator
Miners developer
Hi it seems that eth_submitHashrate in eth-proxy mode is lacking the worker parameter:
Code:
{"id":6,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"eth_submitHashrate","params":["0x7b64145", "0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000009ff1e5fb"]}

While a request from eth proxy for eth_submitHahrate looks like this (when worker ids are enabled):
Code:
{"id":6,"worker": "rig1","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"eth_submitHashrate","params":["0x7b64145", "0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000009ff1e5fb"]}

Maybe you could add the worker param to the request if it is set.

Ok I will do it.
donator
Miners developer
So does the miner stop mining when a new block is found or only when its submitting a share?

For solo minig mode every share in the miner means a block because share target = block target. Miner will continue mining when block is found, exactly as it works in pool mode.
donator
Miners developer

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Blockchain syncing from scratch is the worst thing in solo. 18 gigs ((.

If you want more hashrate using DCR-combined advantages - simply add DCR-mining "channel" with provided miner readme (RTFM guys, it's profit Wink Maybe there are some security issues (open additional ports etc).

Geth have a few unwanted holes. One reports 100 DAO costs him all his eth with Mist and Geth (1 ETH for tokens, rest of 7,2k was stolen). Botnets work 24/7. Don't forget it.

there is a geth "--fast" switch that can do entire synch in less than 30 mins from scratch.
I had to do this on a new PC a few weeks ago, and was quite surprised on how fast it was.
Jump to: