Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1309. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Claymore. Strange behavior: the window of the program actively about 10 seconds, then inactively, and so proceeds minutes 7 or more. During it process of dllhost.exe appears and disappears. In version 4.2 a beta such isn't present. win7x64, catalyst 15.7.1
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-ru.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9/asus -epsw x -di 1 -erate 0 -mport 0 -esm 0 -mode 1 -r 0 -etha 0 -ethi 10

legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Also someone that know curl explain why
telnet localhost 3333
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}

works to get a response, but

curl -i -X POST --data '{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}' http://localhost:3333

does not work? Im not that great with curl so not sure if I formatted that request right.

My guess is that CDM doesn't like the HTTP headers that curl sends. I'd recommend using nc (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netcat) instead.

Nice, this works:

echo '{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}' | nc localhost 3333

this dumps the raw json output so it can easily be used in a bash script in linux to do fun things Smiley
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Thanks for the answer, is this mean that lowering number of threads will increase the eth speed?

Yes, a bit, on some cards. But there is no way to reduce number of active GPU threads, all are always active. May be you can disable some compute units via bios, but I'm not sure if it helps because in dual mode all compute units are active but some of threads are busy with decred.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Claymore, Why does your miner produces a low hash rate of Ethereum in single mode, compared to dual mining?

The reason is memory accessing/caching. When all GPU threads are accessing memory by random addresses at the same time it causes some overload. When some threads are busy with Decred and don't access memory, overload is less and other threads can get required data a bit faster. Because there is no way to freeze some threads I cannot use this behaviour to improve mining speed in Ethereum-only mode.
[/quote]

Thanks for the answer, is this mean that lowering number of threads will increase the eth speed?
donator
Miners developer
Claymore can you format your json output with key value pairs? Current output is very hard to parse and get individual values.

{"id": 0, "result": ["4.3", "8", "93479;11;0", "18352;18914;18191;18809;19210", "0;0;0", "0;0;0;0;0", "67;53;66;50;66;48;56;61;60;56", "us1.ethpool.org:3333"], "error": null}

something like result.eth_mh would be great to get just the hashrate value for example.

I won't change format without a serious reason. If you want to get hashrate and cannot use any json lib (which would be the best solution) you can just find 9th " character and then first ; character and take the number between them. Looks like not a big deal.
Activity: 82
telnet localhost 3333
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.

curl -i -X POST --data '{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}' http://localhost:3333

does not work? Im not that great with curl so not sure if I formatted that request right.

My guess is that CDM doesn't like the HTTP headers that curl sends. I'd recommend using nc (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netcat) instead.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Claymore can you format your json output with key value pairs? Current output is very hard to parse and get individual values.

{"id": 0, "result": ["4.3", "8", "93479;11;0", "18352;18914;18191;18809;19210", "0;0;0", "0;0;0;0;0", "67;53;66;50;66;48;56;61;60;56", "us1.ethpool.org:3333"], "error": null}

something like result.eth_mh would be great to get just the hashrate value for example.

telnet localhost 3333
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.

donator
Miners developer
Thanks to Claymore for new version!
I have some feature request if it possible.
It will be good to doesn't exit miner if -tstop is exceeded, but switch off specific GPU with overheat from mining like sgminer does.

Ok, I will do it.

Claymore, Why does your miner produces a low hash rate of Ethereum in single mode, compared to dual mining?

The reason is memory accessing/caching. When all GPU threads are accessing memory by random addresses at the same time it causes some overload. When some threads are busy with Decred and don't access memory, overload is less and other threads can get required data a bit faster. Because there is no way to freeze some threads I cannot use this behaviour to improve mining speed in Ethereum-only mode.
Activity: 147
RevolverCoin Team
Really nice software, thanks Claymore! A lot more stable than stock miner.  Watchdog is also awesome - helps a lot with driver crashes.
Activity: 98
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Thanks to Claymore for new version!
I have some feature request if it possible.
It will be good to doesn't exit miner if -tstop is exceeded, but switch off specific GPU with overheat from mining like sgminer does.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
4. can you add rig parameters like, CPU, RAM, GPU type etc.

haha... new bot-net soon will be created?
if rig urs - u know rig configs.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

All my rigs are now on the RM utility and running v4.3 - looking good this and RM currently running on a spare PC within the network.

When I am away, I can monitor and manage the rigs via Teamviewer for now, while I upgrade my router and do the port-mapping.

Questions:
1. will the RM use some color scheme to warn me of GPU passing teh temp threshold. Eg. turn amber when reaching threshold and and red when breached.
2. is there a limit or maximum number, of how many miner entries can the utility handle?
3. so far PC is just a small Atom mini PC, is there a minimum specs for larger farms, ie. 10, 20 rigs and beyond?
4. can you add rig parameters like, CPU, RAM, GPU type etc.

Thanks and well done on v4.3
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Ok, so I have 2 x AMD 290 cards and can't get it to work. Does anyone have a config/command line argument for that setup? I'll happily donate a Decred or two.
Nothing specific to your cards.
What's the problem ?
What's your config ?
donator
Miners developer
Claymore, can we point EthDcrMiner64.exe to any config file or does it have to be named config.txt
For example use a .bat with      EthDcrMiner64.exe  this_is_my_config.txt     
like sgminer can do with .conf files.

Currently it must be named "config.txt". In next update I will improve it so you will be able to point it to any filename.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Ok, so I have 2 x AMD 290 cards and can't get it to work. Does anyone have a config/command line argument for that setup? I'll happily donate a Decred or two.
Activity: 176
Claymore, can we point EthDcrMiner64.exe to any config file or does it have to be named config.txt

For example use a .bat with      EthDcrMiner64.exe  this_is_my_config.txt     

like sgminer can do with .conf files.

donator
Miners developer
Ok, I will add it in next update.
Description "API" will be available, or itself through "wireshark" look? Just need the ability to monitor under Linux and Android.

The format is very simple, so no documentation for now, use wireshark.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
This makes using Linux for mining meaningless. I use diskless machines with minimum resources with no GUI at all and control them via ssh. I also see no reason to run Wine just to expose few lines of stats :-)
Prog name "REMOTE manager", so install or run with wine on REMOTE PC. If u can use ssh to contrl rigs - u can use RM under Wine/windows.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Ok, I will add it in next update.
Description "API" will be available, or itself through "wireshark" look? Just need the ability to monitor under Linux and Android.
Jump to: