Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1310. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
How does the remote monitor work? I work during the day and would really like to see these rigs with temps from work.
U need dedicated IP for this, unfirewalled/forwarded port 3333 to ur computer (rig).
And copy RM to work pc, enter home ip and u can see how it work.

Is there a step by step tutorial to use the remote manager?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Great. I hope someone writes a nice webapp for mobiles that uses the same API to (only) get stats. ATM I use internal server but it is Windows only, and I wish to go Linux completely.
Try to use wine - what problem?
This makes using Linux for mining meaningless. I use diskless machines with minimum resources with no GUI at all and control them via ssh. I also see no reason to run Wine just to expose few lines of stats :-)

I could make an application for the "Android". But we need to API from the author. Also, access to the API must be via a password.
API was actually explained few posts above, it's just JSON via TCP. But I would prefer not an application for Android but simple web app usable everywhere (iOS, Android, anything else). Actually what is exposed is enough, but the author writes miner, not UI. So maybe someone else...

BTW, I've just got the idea to add few lines to my OpenHAB smarthome configuration. Then I can fetch stats by JSON and expose them in OpenHAB UI. It will be the simplest way for me. It also eliminates the need for password. But for the case you mentioned there is an option to provide stats only (using negative port number). I don't mind if someone will see some stats of some miner. But if he will not be able to alter config, all will be OK.

is this purple +_+ temp/fan line detachable?
IMHO the miner should concentrate on mining and not adopt Afterburner's job.
I find it much better if there would be a status line wich informs how many shares each card found the last hour and/or overall.
I found the -tt switch very useful on Linux. So if that is free for us - then easier to use less programs if possible. Anyway, it is already implemented. The log details that's another issue.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hey claymore...
I noticed the epools.txt & dpools.txt  ... the commas are used as delimiters for parsing.

This caused a problem w/ the PSW setting, one of the pools I mine on takes commas as worker config parameters.
Any chance they can be escaped in the epools/dpools file somehow?

Ok, I will add it in next update.
Activity: 49
Great. I hope someone writes a nice webapp for mobiles that uses the same API to (only) get stats. ATM I use internal server but it is Windows only, and I wish to go Linux completely.
I could make an application for the "Android". But we need to API from the author. Also, access to the API must be via a password.
Activity: 642
Merit: 292
is this purple +_+ temp/fan line detachable?
IMHO the miner should concentrate on mining and not adopt Afterburner's job.
I find it much better if there would be a status line wich informs how many shares each card found the last hour and/or overall.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

Try to use wine - what problem?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Hey claymore...
I noticed the epools.txt & dpools.txt  ... the commas are used as delimiters for parsing.

This caused a problem w/ the PSW setting, one of the pools I mine on takes commas as worker config parameters.
Any chance they can be escaped in the epools/dpools file somehow?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Anybody has issues with 4.3 monitoring on Linux?

@Claymore:

Tried few 4.3 beta (as soon as they were updated). One of them dumped some error and segfaulted. Updated to the latest, the same issue. Restarted - it worked some time with monitoring utility, then turned red and no more updates. The miner itself worked. Restart helped to recover, worked few seconds and gave me the same error:

I'm working on this issue, I will upload an update for Linux today.
Anybody has issues with 4.3 monitoring on Linux?

@Claymore:

Tried few 4.3 beta (as soon as they were updated). One of them dumped some error and segfaulted. Updated to the latest, the same issue. Restarted - it worked some time with monitoring utility, then turned red and no more updates. The miner itself worked. Restart helped to recover, worked few seconds and gave me the same error:

Code:
ETH - Total Speed: 39.123 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 19.556 Mh/s, GPU1 19.567 Mh/s
 DCR - Total Speed: 782.459 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0
 DCR: GPU0 391.114 Mh/s, GPU1 391.345 Mh/s
GPU0 t=64C fan=26%, GPU1 t=70C fan=95%
 DCR: 05/19/16-11:26:09 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
 DCR: Share accepted (82 ms)!
 DCR: 05/19/16-11:26:10 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 1)
 DCR: Share accepted (83 ms)!
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
ethdcrminer64: ../../src/xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
./EthDcrMiner.sh: line 71:  2366 Aborted

I think that is some problem with monitoring in the miner, found on Linux only.
Activity: 10
Can't work in https://eth.bw.com/pool/i
port:ether.bw.com:8080

run.bat:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool ether.bw.com:8080 -ewal dingyangangel.1 -eworker 1 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252 -dwal DsafdmEcgRvkz9EkyRcMwqJQhAtd8hKXnDz -dpsw j70

log:
14:43:17:598   15cc   This pool (ether.bw.com) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
14:43:17:601   15cc   However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
14:43:17:601   15cc   Please read "Readme" file for details
14:43:17:605   15cc   This pool (ether.bw.com) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
14:43:17:608   15cc   However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
14:43:17:609   15cc   Please read "Readme" file for details
14:43:17:610   15cc   Pool ether.bw.com removed from the list
14:43:17:613   15cc   ETH: No pools specified! Specify at least one valid pool in "-epool" parameter.
legendary
Just a heads up too anyone daring and wanting to try:

I spent all afternoon bios modding my 7870 xt's which are normally voltage locked in utils such as MSI Afterburner.
I remember long ago, I had custom bios for higher clocks @ lower voltages on these cards.
But now, for some reason ... whenever I was changing the voltage in bios for these cards.... in windows, they would just go into limp mode when mining ... whereas on default voltage at bios level...the cards didnt have the problem.

So, I thought back to when I was using these cards a couple years ago for gaming.... what was different back then vs now.
The answer:
Crimson vs Catalyst

So, I installed latest catalyst 15.7.1

BAM!!!! Now my voltage mod in BIOS for the cards works great and is no longer in limp mode.

As a bonus, this driver version is actually a BIT FASTER then the recommended Crimson 15.12 (according to the local mining hashrate).

Another bonus I just found out....
Previously -dcri 30-35 would cause ETH mining to slowdown on these cards.
With this driver version I can cruise all the way to -dcri 62 before ETH mining STARTS to slowdown. Meanwhile, DCR nearly doubles in speed.
Interesting, will test this version.

Just tried on a 4x 7970 rig ... no ETH speedup , no slowdown either. Was able to increase DCR only a tad.

So, I suspect this wont work for all cards =) ... but anyone needing voltage mod via BIOS on their gpu's to work right, then running Crimson is not an option.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250

I spent all afternoon bios modding my 7870 xt's which are normally voltage locked in utils such as MSI Afterburner.
I remember long ago, I had custom bios for higher clocks @ lower voltages on these cards.
But now, for some reason ... whenever I was changing the voltage in bios for these cards.... in windows, they would just go into limp mode when mining ... whereas on default voltage at bios level...the cards didnt have the problem.

So, I thought back to when I was using these cards a couple years ago for gaming.... what was different back then vs now.
The answer:
Crimson vs Catalyst

BAM!!!! Now my voltage mod in BIOS for the cards works great and is no longer in limp mode.

As a bonus, this driver version is actually a BIT FASTER then the recommended Crimson 15.12 (according to the local mining hashrate).

With this driver version I can cruise all the way to -dcri 62 before ETH mining STARTS to slowdown. Meanwhile, DCR nearly doubles in speed.
Interesting, will test this version.
legendary

The answer:
Crimson vs Catalyst

Activity: 6
This miner is pretty amazing, thanks a lot Claymore!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Claymore, thank you for remote feature, don't tried yet. Btw solomine is ok and finding blocks.
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
So far, I know:
Request:
{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}
Response:
{"id": 0, "error": null, "result": ["", "", ";;", "", ";;", "", ";", ""]}
But I dunno how to make that request...
Claymore, can you please tell us more info about it?

It's usual tcp/ip connection - create socket, connect, send the string "{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}" and read response, disconnect, that is all.
Got it. Thank you Smiley
Actually, I was thinking so, but guess what? Miner just crashed, and thats why connect timed out... Cheesy

socket to remoteminerip:3333 ? Don't get it ... always timeout Sad
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Hi Claymore how to run the remote menager by XP
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
port 8000 also doesn't return anything. Seems like Miner manager does the web part not the miner itself.

Right. You have to be running the Remote Manager, and then you can point your browser at port 8000 on the machine that's running the Remote Manager.
Activity: 7
So far, I know:
Request:
{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}
Response:
{"id": 0, "error": null, "result": ["", "", ";;", "", ";;", "", ";", ""]}
But I dunno how to make that request...
Claymore, can you please tell us more info about it?

It's usual tcp/ip connection - create socket, connect, send the string "{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}" and read response, disconnect, that is all.
Got it. Thank you Smiley
Actually, I was thinking so, but guess what? Miner just crashed, and thats why connect timed out... Cheesy
Jump to: