Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1336. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any feedback!

This is cheap and works like a charm:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx?cid=gwmng

Grin
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'm having trouble getting it to work properly on my rig, my system keep freezing/crashing after a few minutes, i've tried setting the intensity with -ethi but either it keeps crashing or the profitability drops by 6-7%, it works on version 1.2 and older but the performances aren't that good compared to 4.1.
I'm using a lot of different graphic card models including olds one ( HD79xx... ), maybe it has something to do with it ?

EDIT : lowering decred intensity seems to do the trick
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Anyone else noticing some sort of memory or power leak with this?

I'm mining on Win10 with a 370 and 390 in ETH only mode. When I start mining I draw about 470 watts at the wall but over the hours this keeps increasing. I checked my rig today after about 18 hours and it was pulling 570 watts! I restarted the miner and it instantly dropped back to 470 watts. My CPU and system memory were normal during this so the problem doesn't seem to be there.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Hi Claymore,

It is possible to work on miningrigrentals ?... not working thx

Try something like:
Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe  -epool eu-de01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -ewal Q_R_V.28389 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal Q_R_V.bob -dpsw x -dbg 1 -tt 70 -dcri 50 -allpools 1

on decred is not working: DCR:job timeout, retry in 20 sec...

sounds like suprnova is having issues again. try another pool. i was having the same issue until i switched pools.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hi Claymore,

Try something like:
Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe  -epool eu-de01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -ewal Q_R_V.28389 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal Q_R_V.bob -dpsw x -dbg 1 -tt 70 -dcri 50 -allpools 1

on decred is not working: DCR:job timeout, retry in 20 sec...
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963
Hi Claymore,

Try something like:
Code:

Activity: 168
Hi Claymore,

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi Claymore,

Sorry if I missed it, but do you plan on integrating some sort of API that will send stats to an IP address so that I can build a little webpage to check on my miners?

Thank you Smiley

It will work in a different way: in a few days I will release utility-proxy that will monitor rigs and will have web server that displays status.
donator
Miners developer
Claymore, In certain cases after automatic respawn of the miner, the DAG can't be loaded error appears (I don't remember the exact words). I'm talking about ubuntu 15.04 with catalyst 15.12. It is an error that used to happen with the stock ethminer and the only solution was to reboot the computer. Is it possible to make the watchdog flush the GPU ram before respawning the miner?

The only option is to reboot computer. Miner must execute "reboot.bash" if you use "-r 1", though I did not test it in Linux. If it does not work, send me sample "reboot.bash" that must reboot computer and I will check it.
Activity: 143
Claymore, In certain cases after automatic respawn of the miner, the DAG can't be loaded error appears (I don't remember the exact words). I'm talking about ubuntu 15.04 with catalyst 15.12. It is an error that used to happen with the stock ethminer and the only solution was to reboot the computer. Is it possible to make the watchdog flush the GPU ram before respawning the miner?
Activity: 350
Hi Claymore,

Sorry if I missed it, but do you plan on integrating some sort of API that will send stats to an IP address so that I can build a little webpage to check on my miners?

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 390
Testet it over the last night.
Made no difference for me at dwarfpool. Switched back to ethminer.
I'm on Ubuntu with 4x R9 280x.

Any suggestions how to improve?
Also tried -ethi -16384 and it just got slower.

try set "-etha" to "0" and then to "1". From readme:
-etha   Ethereum algorithm mode. 0 - optimized for fast cards, 1 - optimized for slow cards. -1 - autodetect (default).
   You can also set this option for every card individually, for example "-etha 0,1,0".

If it does not help - make sure you use Catalyst 15.12. If still see higher hashrate on pool with ethminer - use it.

PS. For Dual mode: I get the best hashrate on Ethereum if I change Decred intensity manually by "+" and "-" keys at some value (press "s" to see current stats).
After that you can set best found value with "-dcri" option.

I think i'm still on catalyst 15.9?

display: :0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
OpenGL version string: 4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1151
donator
Miners developer
Claymore - do we need to put "--no-precompute" in batch file to ensure DAG files are current? Just curious.
I hardly see any rejects mining at ethpool, so surely DAGs are ok.
I have read somewhere that a guy got no rewards because he was mining with a wrong DAG. Thanks

Do you see "--no-precompute" option in readme file? I don't see Smiley So it is not supported.
DAGs are often corrupted when they are stored as files. But now miner generates DAGs on GPU so it can be corrupted only if your GPU does not work properly. I did not see such behaviour yet. If I get some feedbacks about it, I can add CRC check for DAGs (so GPU will check CRC after DAG generation).

thanks - that makes sense - my shares are accepted since day 1 using the dual miner, so I guess my cards are functioning well.

however, this case about someone mining on a wrong DAG (not corrupted) but maybe a past version -- I wonder how does a case like that happen?

Miner will show you warnings that GPU finds incorrect shares again and again. Such incorrect shares won't be sent to pool.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
It's also a good idea to read RTFM for pool. I will update sample for dwarfpool, you are right, current sample is not good if you want to see hashrate.
I had to add "-eworker" because there are 3 stratum versions and many pools that also add some variants on these versions for logon process. Some pools ignore "-worker" but search worker name in wallet string, some require only wallet as username but require worker name when worker sends a share. Some work with both approaches but don't show hashrate as expected. Such problems are not related to the miner, they are because of some chaos in Ethereum stratum implementations on pools.

Actually, I did RTFM for pools I used. But it was never mentioned in the README for the miner that wallet option can be somehow combined with something else to build up the final URL. Being it called 'url' option - no questions. But I expected that if you mention ethermine and dwarfpool in your examples and provide 3 different stratum modes for them, then their specifics are already implemented by -esm option.

Anyway, I agreed that it is not the issue with the miner, but with the documentation. Thank you for great product, I like it and use it now.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Claymore - do we need to put "--no-precompute" in batch file to ensure DAG files are current? Just curious.
I have read somewhere that a guy got no rewards because he was mining with a wrong DAG. Thanks

Do you see "--no-precompute" option in readme file? I don't see Smiley So it is not supported.
DAGs are often corrupted when they are stored as files. But now miner generates DAGs on GPU so it can be corrupted only if your GPU does not work properly. I did not see such behaviour yet. If I get some feedbacks about it, I can add CRC check for DAGs (so GPU will check CRC after DAG generation).

thanks - that makes sense - my shares are accepted since day 1 using the dual miner, so I guess my cards are functioning well.

however, this case about someone mining on a wrong DAG (not corrupted) but maybe a past version -- I wonder how does a case like that happen?
donator
Miners developer

donator
Miners developer
Claymore help, I am getting way too much of fluctuation in my effective hash rate in 4.1 miner for windows. Miner shows 62.4MH/s but effective is 55 MH/s, and it goes down to 40 and up to 65 etc. With 3.2 miner I got way better effective hash rate. Help?

I got -ethi 16 and ethermine pool.

With your hashrate (<100MH) you should run miner for at least 24 hours to see average hashrate. Run 3.2 and 4.1 for 24 hours and compare average hashrates, they must be the same. Checking miner for a few hours with not very high hashrate is not a good idea. If you still see that 3.2 works much faster: I did not change OpenCL code between these versions, so it must be some kind of magic I think.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Claymore help, I am getting way too much of fluctuation in my effective hash rate in 4.1 miner for windows. Miner shows 62.4MH/s but effective is 55 MH/s, and it goes down to 40 and up to 65 etc. With 3.2 miner I got way better effective hash rate. Help?

I got -ethi 16 and ethermine pool.
donator
Miners developer
Testet it over the last night.
Made no difference for me at dwarfpool. Switched back to ethminer.
I'm on Ubuntu with 4x R9 280x.

Any suggestions how to improve?
Also tried -ethi -16384 and it just got slower.

try set "-etha" to "0" and then to "1". From readme:
-etha   Ethereum algorithm mode. 0 - optimized for fast cards, 1 - optimized for slow cards. -1 - autodetect (default).
   You can also set this option for every card individually, for example "-etha 0,1,0".

If it does not help - make sure you use Catalyst 15.12. If still see higher hashrate on pool with ethminer - use it.

PS. For Dual mode: I get the best hashrate on Ethereum if I change Decred intensity manually by "+" and "-" keys at some value (press "s" to see current stats).
After that you can set best found value with "-dcri" option.
Jump to: