Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1332. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963

sensors tab says..you cannot downlclock below 1500 or VRAM..

In that case you would have to flash gpu with modified bios and set memclocks in it (vbe7 and atiflash would be the easiest way).
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Check with Hwinfo, temperatures of VRMs and voltages (12V line)
With 80 on core, VRMs can easily go above 90-95.
Dual mining needs more power..., ether alone barely heats VRMs to 60
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
i have this rig with 2x r9 390 and 1x r9 390x

using gpu-z monitoring (sensors tab), i OC all the cards 1120 clock and 1600 ram ...

looking at sensors tab only one card is at 1120 clock the rest are ~ 930 clock (i'm not sure which card is 390x coz gpuz labels them all 390)

therefore only one GPU is OC'ed...

all ram are at 1600mhz

graphics card tab at gpu-z shows uniform 1120 clock for all cards...sensors do not

any tips?

my 280x rig is uniform, all clocks matched.

edit: these issue occurs only in dual mining mode, mining in ETH only (-mode 1) shows uniform clocks in sensors tab of GPU-Z.

claymore..any suggestions?

Sounds like down throttling, of course.  If cards are getting too hot or drawing too much power, the firmware downclocks them.

Why do you overclock RAM?  It doesn't seem to offer any hashrate increase from my testing.  In fact, on my R9 290 cards, I downclock VRAM to 1125mhz for increased power savings (with no hashrate decrease).

I also find downvolting usually results in more stable hashrates, as the GPU is less stressed and is more likely not to throttle.

tried cclock 1100 vram 1125

dual mining core clocks (gpu-z sensors tab) are 970, 995, 1100 ...all vram are 1500

gpu-z (gpu-z graphics card tab) core clock are all 1100 and vram are 1125..

in ETH only mode (gpu-z sensors tab and graphics card tab) all core clock 1100 and vram 1125 (sensors tab 1500)

i could say in dual mining mode, two out of three of my cards are under-performing.

my cards are ~77 temp, only msi r9 390 can reach up to 81 temp ..... i could say it is not down throttling due to heat, besides i run gpu-z right after i started the miner...i don't know if it is a power draw issue.

i haven't done downvolting yet..

sensors tab says..you cannot downlclock below 1500 or VRAM..

@restless

i OC thru cclock and mclock
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Took first crack at using this (linux).

Works fine for a bit, then crashes one of the GPUs.  Interestingly enough, the watchdog doesn't.  :-)  YOU HAD ONE JOB, WATCHDOG!

...excerpt from debug log...
WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCL call, exit

can't fall back & try older version (no linux build for pre-4.1).  If you can fix this, I'd prefer to deploy this, even with a fee.  The problem here is that it's constantly crashing at variable rates.

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
hmm..
I have problem with 4.1 version
I have 4 cards on one of my rigs

r9 280x
r9 280x
r9 390x

i adjust core clock for each card in msi afterburner, but when i start miner 390x downclocks to around 950 MHz, this is not throttling because temp is blow 70C for all cards!

In my rigs, using 270x and 7950, every time I use Afterburner to change some settings I always restart the system before starting the miner.

This way, I make sure the settings are permanent because I double check they are in effect before firing up the miner.

It works for me  Grin
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
hmm..
I have problem with 4.1 version
I have 4 cards on one of my rigs

r9 280x
r9 280x
r9 390x

i adjust core clock for each card in msi afterburner, but when i start miner 390x downclocks to around 950 MHz, this is not throttling because temp is blow 70C for all cards!
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
For some reason, version 4 crashes my gfx card drivers on one of my rigs.  I've moved back to 3.3, and everything is working fine again.  Not sure what is going on...

Exactly the same  i had, 4 x 390x righ,left stock everything ,even moved down power limits,crash random ,drier 15.12,windows 10,i switched back to 1.0 which always worked best and with it i can run 1100/1500 with -100 mv perfect stable !!
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

using gpu-z monitoring (sensors tab), i OC all the cards 1120 clock and 1600 ram ...

looking at sensors tab only one card is at 1120 clock the rest are ~ 930 clock (i'm not sure which card is 390x coz gpuz labels them all 390)

all ram are at 1600mhz

graphics card tab at gpu-z shows uniform 1120 clock for all cards...sensors do not

any tips?

edit: these issue occurs only in dual mining mode, mining in ETH only (-mode 1) shows uniform clocks in sensors tab of GPU-Z.
How are you overclocking?
AB or with -mclock -cclock ?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

all ram are at 1600mhz

any tips?

Sounds like down throttling, of course.  If cards are getting too hot or drawing too much power, the firmware downclocks them.

Why do you overclock RAM?  It doesn't seem to offer any hashrate increase from my testing.  In fact, on my R9 290 cards, I downclock VRAM to 1125mhz for increased power savings (with no hashrate decrease).

I also find downvolting usually results in more stable hashrates, as the GPU is less stressed and is more likely not to throttle.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

all ram are at 1600mhz

any tips?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
For some reason, version 4 crashes my gfx card drivers on one of my rigs.  I've moved back to 3.3, and everything is working fine again.  Not sure what is going on...

for a moment there, I thought gtx cards are now supported .... Shocked
Activity: 35
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Miner shows GPU temps and fan speed every 30 seconds if you specified "-tt" parameter to manage fans.
I will add "-tt 1" that will not manage fans but will show temps and fan speeds.

So what happens when target temp exceeds, does it shutdown the GPUs and restart when temp drops down? It will be a nice feature for summer time garage mining.
Activity: 25
For me this miner more steble than genoil. My Gpu upload about 99-100%.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Miner shows GPU temps and fan speed every 30 seconds if you specified "-tt" parameter to manage fans.
I will add "-tt 1" that will not manage fans but will show temps and fan speeds.

As it is now the -tt parameter works perfectly!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est

u r the best!
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

You the man Claymore!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Is there a flag to enable showing current GPU temps during run time?  How about fan speed as %?  I don't see anything in the Readme.txt...

i need this too

@claymore
it will be great if u can put these flags
ttks for all u good work
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Is there a flag to enable showing current GPU temps during run time?  How about fan speed as %?  I don't see anything in the Readme.txt...
Jump to: