Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1335. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
No DAG files.

What does it mean?

It means the DAG isn't being created as a file on your HDD anymore.  Instead, it's being created by GPU, and stored in memory directly.  There's a post not long after he released the version which made that change, where he explains exactly that. Cheesy

this can make you mine even with 1GB system ram now?

No.  dag is the secret sauce ethereum runs on. It grows a little bigger from time to time. Claymore moved it off computer storage and directly into the GPU- we all still have it but now it creates faster when needed and doesnt take up space in your hdd or ssd. 1gb graphic cards still cant run because they are still using the same dag, just generated directly to them instead of read from the pc somewhere.

It is not the GPU memory I'm referring to..it is the system memory..

in windows 64bit, before claymore made this miner..you can't mine with 1gb or 2gb system ram.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
No DAG files.

What does it mean?

It means the DAG isn't being created as a file on your HDD anymore.  Instead, it's being created by GPU, and stored in memory directly.  There's a post not long after he released the version which made that change, where he explains exactly that. Cheesy

No.  dag is the secret sauce ethereum runs on. It grows a little bigger from time to time. Claymore moved it off computer storage and directly into the GPU- we all still have it but now it creates faster when needed and doesnt take up space in your hdd or ssd. 1gb graphic cards still cant run because they are still using the same dag, just generated directly to them instead of read from the pc somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
No DAG files.

What does it mean?

It means the DAG isn't being created as a file on your HDD anymore.  Instead, it's being created by GPU, and stored in memory directly.  There's a post not long after he released the version which made that change, where he explains exactly that. Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
No DAG files.

What does it mean?

It means the DAG isn't being created as a file on your HDD anymore.  Instead, it's being created by GPU, and stored in memory directly.  There's a post not long after he released the version which made that change, where he explains exactly that. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
No DAG files.

What does it mean?
Activity: 143
The only option is to reboot computer. Miner must execute "reboot.bash" if you use "-r 1", though I did not test it in Linux. If it does not work, send me sample "reboot.bash" that must reboot computer and I will check it.
shutdown -r now
[/quote]

Are you running ethdcrminer64 as root?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
The only option is to reboot computer. Miner must execute "reboot.bash" if you use "-r 1", though I did not test it in Linux. If it does not work, send me sample "reboot.bash" that must reboot computer and I will check it.
[/quote]
shutdown -r now
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
to reduce the intensity significantly from 60 to 20, to disperse the possibility has increased from 1027 mhz to 1100, total income has not decreased

The question arises whether dual miner, if without it becomes possible to overclock the card much stronger...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
Tested the Miner with Linux

280x, speed is same or less then with ethminer
380 speed is a bit more like 0.5 mh more
390 speed is way more then with ethminer
390x2 great speed (like 55 mh)
Activity: 196
31MHs ETH 1000MHs DCR

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0xXX/gpu1 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal xxx.dcr -dpsw x -dcri 65

Saphire TRIXX AMD 390x @1100Mhz and temp is 75-77c @59% fan

is that good speeds for that card
Activity: 383
Merit: 272
Legend is back.
I have amd r9 280x i try to run 4.1 version but i dont. The miner stops 10 min later. I  installed 3.2 beta again. Now there wasn't any problem.

I have same problem bat files stop after working, some times 10 min some times 2 day why?
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
@ Claymore - Been up with version 4.1 for 115 hours now with only one reject , 5328 shares . Steady power draw 565 to 605 watts at the wall. 52.3~ 53.7 MH .....ethereum only. Nothing fancy all box stock.

This version is outstanding. THANKS!  Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I have amd r9 280x i try to run 4.1 version but i dont. The miner stops 10 min later. I  installed 3.2 beta again. Now there wasn't any problem.

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Anyone else noticing some sort of memory or power leak with this?

I'm mining on Win10 with a 370 and 390 in ETH only mode. When I start mining I draw about 470 watts at the wall but over the hours this keeps increasing. I checked my rig today after about 18 hours and it was pulling 570 watts! I restarted the miner and it instantly dropped back to 470 watts. My CPU and system memory were normal during this so the problem doesn't seem to be there.

Depends on some factors, but one of them is GPU temperature, if is high more power is draw.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
or simply PC process kicked in using more CPU.
Like AV program started autoscan, or Win Updates is scanning system, etc.

Also, under heavy load, when all components warmup, the PSU may lower its efficiency, hence drawing more power from the socket
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Anyone else noticing some sort of memory or power leak with this?

I'm mining on Win10 with a 370 and 390 in ETH only mode. When I start mining I draw about 470 watts at the wall but over the hours this keeps increasing. I checked my rig today after about 18 hours and it was pulling 570 watts! I restarted the miner and it instantly dropped back to 470 watts. My CPU and system memory were normal during this so the problem doesn't seem to be there.

maybe somone is mining with yr pc..... (( autobot ))
Activity: 165
Anyone has a good set of settings for R9 380x cards optimization for this mining?

I'm getting about 18-21 mh /s for eth and 480-520mh for dcr @ ethi 8 and dcri 50.

How can I get better performance? I don't have luck increasing them even with overclocking. The hashrate just don't change o.O. Can anyone help? I'm using 16.3 driver though. 8GB ram, 4 x 380x all at stock setting for the above rate.
Activity: 168
Hi Claymore,

It is possible to work on miningrigrentals ?... not working thx

Try something like:
Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe  -epool eu-de01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -ewal Q_R_V.28389 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal Q_R_V.bob -dpsw x -dbg 1 -tt 70 -dcri 50 -allpools 1

on decred is not working: DCR:job timeout, retry in 20 sec...

sounds like suprnova is having issues again. try another pool. i was having the same issue until i switched pools.

Is not working on miningrigrentals... DCR:job timeout, retry in 20 sec...
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any feedback!

This is cheap and works like a charm:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx?cid=gwmng

Grin

Thanks much for the suggestion!  I'm going to try (already ordered) a powerline ethernet adapter, as that will also work for my situation.  Unfortunately, I paid a bit more than the product you linked, but shouldn't be an issue cuz Eth is going to the moon, right? Wink

I know you already ordered the powerline thing, but you could also get a really cheap linksys router or other that is compatible with ddwrt firmware.  You flash the right firmware on it and set it as a wireless repeater/bridge.  then you have better wifi signal.  plus plug in an ethernet wire into it to your rig
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any feedback!

This is cheap and works like a charm:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx?cid=gwmng

Grin

Thanks much for the suggestion!  I'm going to try (already ordered) a powerline ethernet adapter, as that will also work for my situation.  Unfortunately, I paid a bit more than the product you linked, but shouldn't be an issue cuz Eth is going to the moon, right? Wink
Jump to: