Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1331. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

Or use an utility that can connect to miners and show their status and also allows you to send them updated pools settings, this way you can apply new settings for all rigs at once.
That was also my thought, so I do some research.
Unfortunately, it looks like, there is no utility which is compatible with your miner software.... Huh

Yes, I think I will have to write it my self, the only problem is that I need to study stratum code and see it works first, a DevOps practice would be to look if the tool exist then just use it and work on improving it.
Activity: 871
Merit: 1000
I need a proxy for group management, so in other words I want to point a bunch of rigs using this miner to a proxy so I don't have to mess with each rig individually but I would be able to just edit/change the proxy config.
The problem with dwarfpool stratum-proxy is that it works only one way Stratum=>getwork, and I need a proxy that support Stratum<=>Stratum, any Ideas ?

Or use an utility that can connect to miners and show their status and also allows you to send them updated pools settings, this way you can apply new settings for all rigs at once.
That was also my thought, so I do some research.
Unfortunately, it looks like, there is no utility which is compatible with your miner software.... Huh
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Even with ethi 20 there are no differences as well. so what are the ethi doing then? hmm

In recent versions, max -ethi value is 16. This parameter is related to the number of hashes that GPU checks in one round. Small values allow you to reduce GPU load and reduce Windows freezes. After some value it is useless to increase this parameter because GPU is already loaded 100%.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Claymore - do you think further optimizations for fiji chips are possible? Memory controller usage seems to be sitting pretty low, and I get the feeling after playing with intensities that there's more room left for optimization.

It seems a higher ethi allows for increased decred hashrate without ethash loss. I am now pushing ~30MH/s ethash and 1650MH/s decred with ethi 20 and dcri 110.  With ethi 16, dcri can't go that high without losing a chunk of ethash.  Compare that to 30MH and under 1000MH/s decred max with lower ethi.

I tried several ways to improve performance for fiji but they failed. Had to postpone these attempts because of other features. However, I don't think that it is possible to get big speedup.

@Claymore

Could you make the ethi intensity change easily adjustable like dcri? So that I could test the speed out on different ethi without closing the miner. Currently ethi 8 and ethi 16 has no difference on my rate, which I don't know why.. You have any idea about that?

Default -ethi 8 is good. Setting values between 8 and 16 almost will not change hashrate, but high values will cause more latency when miner gets new job because there is no way to cancel current GPU round.

I need a proxy for group management, so in other words I want to point a bunch of rigs using this miner to a proxy so I don't have to mess with each rig individually but I would be able to just edit/change the proxy config.
The problem with dwarfpool stratum-proxy is that it works only one way Stratum=>getwork, and I need a proxy that support Stratum<=>Stratum, any Ideas ?

Even with ethi 20 there are no differences as well. so what are the ethi doing then? hmm
donator
Miners developer
Claymore - do you think further optimizations for fiji chips are possible? Memory controller usage seems to be sitting pretty low, and I get the feeling after playing with intensities that there's more room left for optimization.

It seems a higher ethi allows for increased decred hashrate without ethash loss. I am now pushing ~30MH/s ethash and 1650MH/s decred with ethi 20 and dcri 110.  With ethi 16, dcri can't go that high without losing a chunk of ethash.  Compare that to 30MH and under 1000MH/s decred max with lower ethi.

I tried several ways to improve performance for fiji but they failed. Had to postpone these attempts because of other features. However, I don't think that it is possible to get big speedup.

@Claymore

Could you make the ethi intensity change easily adjustable like dcri? So that I could test the speed out on different ethi without closing the miner. Currently ethi 8 and ethi 16 has no difference on my rate, which I don't know why.. You have any idea about that?

Default -ethi 8 is good. Setting values between 8 and 16 almost will not change hashrate, but high values will cause more latency when miner gets new job because there is no way to cancel current GPU round.

Activity: 742
Merit: 505
Nice work. With v3.0 i have 100% eth hashrate + 33% dcr hashrate per card and near 0%/2% rejects respectively.
Are there any plans to add vcash (Blake algo) mining in dual mode?

Yes I'd like vcash support too

Yea, the blake algo is superlight! 
You can actually run it with claymores dualminer .. just sacrifice some.
Im sure this could be programmed to work in better synergy.

With the BLC mergepool .. you could then mine 8 coins at the same time.

ETH
DCR
BLC-Merged
PHO-Merged
BBTC-Merged
ELT-Merged
LIT-Merged
UMO-Merged
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

Activity: 143
Nice work. With v3.0 i have 100% eth hashrate + 33% dcr hashrate per card and near 0%/2% rejects respectively.
Are there any plans to add vcash (Blake algo) mining in dual mode?

Yes I'd like vcash support too
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Wasn't ethi 16 the max? For my case the ethi isn't doing anything though, setting it to 8 or 16 doesn't affect a single thing.

I thought claymore said 32 was max, but values higher then 16 cause very long kernel runtimes.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

sensors tab says..you cannot downlclock below 1500 or VRAM..

In that case you would have to flash gpu with modified bios and set memclocks in it (vbe7 and atiflash would be the easiest way).

Or you can use the 15.7.1 drivers, where downclocking still works.  Downclocking is broken (intentionally by amd?) in later drivers.  From my testing, there didn't seem to be an advantage between 15.7.1 or 15.12 in terms of performance, but 15.7.1 lets me downclock ram and save on power for free.

what do you use for downclocking? 15.7.1 is my driver here.

you may see your downclocked VRAM in info but "sensors" do not show downclocked speed.
@Claymore

Wasn't ethi 16 the max? For my case the ethi isn't doing anything though, setting it to 8 or 16 doesn't affect a single thing.

In that case you would have to flash gpu with modified bios and set memclocks in it (vbe7 and atiflash would be the easiest way).

Or you can use the 15.7.1 drivers, where downclocking still works.  Downclocking is broken (intentionally by amd?) in later drivers.  From my testing, there didn't seem to be an advantage between 15.7.1 or 15.12 in terms of performance, but 15.7.1 lets me downclock ram and save on power for free.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
what should I expect with my r9 280x (how much Decred hashrate without big ethhashrt drop.. let's say I'll get not less than 90% of Ethhashrte?) and if how much dual mine mode increase power consumption?
And what with: r7 370
and r9 380x
i will aprecciate your help
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Within 24 hours I will release version with Ethereum solo mining support (and with some new options/features).

fantastic - looking forward to get my rigs to test
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Check with Hwinfo, temperatures of VRMs and voltages (12V line)
With 80 on core, VRMs can easily go above 90-95.
Dual mining needs more power..., ether alone barely heats VRMs to 60

i OC clock to 1160 so if there is down throttling it would become more obvious due to heat..but i think VRM temp is no issue here..

hwinfo

VRM temps and voltage (maximun temp and volt only)..gpu 1 is 390x the rest are 390

eth mode only

gpu 0

81c 83c 11.531v

gpu 1

90c 75c 11.563v

gpu 2

61c 77c 11.781v

dual mode..

gpu 0 - down to 1000+ mhz

90c 81c 11.531v

gpu 1 - down to 1000+ mhz

97c 76c 11.531v

gpu 2 still at 1160 mhz

87c 61c 11.781v

maybe i'll tinker with the 280x's but not with the 390's because it is still under warranty.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Cryptotalk.org
For some reason, version 4 crashes my gfx card drivers on one of my rigs.  I've moved back to 3.3, and everything is working fine again.  Not sure what is going on...

Any solution to this,i encountered same problem with 4.1, driver crashing,windows 10 x64 , 16 gb virtual memory 8 gb ram, 4 x 390x ,catalyst 15.12,all cards are stable on 1.0 or 3.2 on 1100/1500 -100 mv for days! on 4.1 they crash after a few hours even default freq/voltage not working....

I had similar problem. I reduce the clock frequency and also reduce the intensity. It is working well now.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
For some reason, version 4 crashes my gfx card drivers on one of my rigs.  I've moved back to 3.3, and everything is working fine again.  Not sure what is going on...

Any solution to this,i encountered same problem with 4.1, driver crashing,windows 10 x64 , 16 gb virtual memory 8 gb ram, 4 x 390x ,catalyst 15.12,all cards are stable on 1.0 or 3.2 on 1100/1500 -100 mv for days! on 4.1 they crash after a few hours even default freq/voltage not working....
donator
Miners developer
Within 24 hours I will release version with Ethereum solo mining support (and with some new options/features).
Jump to: