Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1349. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@Claymore

can this help u eccelerate the speed of yr miner?

New miner binaries now available! Updated the OP text to reflect the release. Big thanks to Epsylon3 and Wolf0 who completed RFP-5 milestones that made this release possible! More information in the announcement.

https://forum.decred.org/threads/new-miner-binaries-now-available.3409/

i just ask....
tks

In that thread I don't see any comments that confirm that new release is faster for AMD. Though I know how to speedup DCR mining by 5-10% and will do it in future.
donator
Miners developer
First I want to say, great miner -- Nicely done Claymore.

Been reading about this for a few weeks and just fired it off on my rig last night so version 4.0 is the first version I have used.

4.0 mined all night then for whatever reason this morning, just stopped mining but GPU loads and Miner reported hash rate remained unchanged.

I noticed after 2 hours the pool indicated the effective hash rate was 0 but the miner was still reporting an unchanged hash rate to the pool.

I quit/relaunched the miner and didn't see a change within a few minutes, so I switched to a different miner (without rebooting) and it started up just fine.
----Note: I may not have waited long enough for the pool to update its reporting before I switched miners.

Don't know if this information helps you or the community but I figured I would share it.

System specs as of right now
Windows 10 X64
2x R9 380X
Crimson 15.12 Drivers

happened to me also, 2 times for more than 3 hours at a time

win7 64bit
15.12 crimson
8gb ram
24gb virtual memory
2x r7 370 (4gb)

Send me the log file as soon as you see such behaviour. I set "-dbg 0" by default exactly for such cases. Right now I don't have even single log related to this issue.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250

Been reading about this for a few weeks and just fired it off on my rig last night so version 4.0 is the first version I have used.

4.0 mined all night then for whatever reason this morning, just stopped mining but GPU loads and Miner reported hash rate remained unchanged.

I noticed after 2 hours the pool indicated the effective hash rate was 0 but the miner was still reporting an unchanged hash rate to the pool.

I quit/relaunched the miner and didn't see a change within a few minutes, so I switched to a different miner (without rebooting) and it started up just fine.
----Note: I may not have waited long enough for the pool to update its reporting before I switched miners.

Don't know if this information helps you or the community but I figured I would share it.

Windows 10 X64
2x R9 380X
Crimson 15.12 Drivers

happened to me also, 2 times for more than 3 hours at a time

win7 64bit
15.12 crimson
8gb ram
24gb virtual memory
2x r7 370 (4gb)
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
@Claymore

can this help u eccelerate the speed of yr miner?

New miner binaries now available! Updated the OP text to reflect the release. Big thanks to Epsylon3 and Wolf0 who completed RFP-5 milestones that made this release possible! More information in the announcement.

https://forum.decred.org/threads/new-miner-binaries-now-available.3409/

i just ask....
tks
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
no....DAG creation IN gpu
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
The DAG is generated in the GPU directly now. Do we still need to set more than 16 GB virtual memory?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
whats the location of dags?

Claymore has ported the Dag creation code from the cpu to the gpu. So instead of making a file on the harddrive, the gpu generate the file in 3.5 seconds directly into the gpu ram. This is using less power, much quicker, and much bether for slow cpu rigs. (celerons)
Rux
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024
https://crypto.ba
claymore, now that we dont have dag's any more... can you tell is there now a limit for minimum memory on graphics?

sorry for noobish q

edit:
Posted by: sp_
Insert Quote
The dag was generated in 3,5 secs on the r9 nano. No more cpu fuck and hardisk spinning. Good job Claymore!

You still need at least 2GB graphics as the DAG is stored in the graphics as before. You might not need big system memory.

makes sense...

thanks for clarification Smiley
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
claymore, now that we dont have dag's any more... can you tell is there now a limit for minimum memory on graphics?

sorry for noobish q

edit:
Insert Quote
The dag was generated in 3,5 secs on the r9 nano. No more cpu fuck and hardisk spinning. Good job Claymore!

You still need at least 2GB graphics as the DAG is stored in the graphics as before. You might not need big system memory.
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
Someone please help me I am having a time with how to use the wallet. I got a wallet address but I can't find a working GUI so I can actually manage my coins.  I tried Decred Wallet Beta 0.7 but it's just a blank damn window.

The main thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndcr-decred-community-governance-bitcoin-devs-lightning-network-1290358
Decred forum here: https://forum.decred.org/
Direct link to a wallet guide: https://forum.decred.org/threads/prerequisites-for-mainnet-unofficial-airdrop-import-mining-guide-use-at-your-own-risk.472/

also this can help u

Windows Guide :
On Windows, you need to execute each command with a different BAT file. There’s no way, for the moment, to use any kind of terminal.

First of all, you’ll need to download the latest binaries available at : https://github.com/decred/dcrd/releases

This zip file  include all the Windows Instructions for an easy setup.
http://thecryptoworld.org/decred-get-started

This file include :
How to setup your server (dcrd)
How to create your wallet (dcrwallet)
How to connect with your wallet
How to get your decred wallet address
How to start Proof-Of-Stake by buying tickets
How to unlock your wallet
Rux
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024
https://crypto.ba

sorry for noobish q

edit:
Insert Quote

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
v4 report

1. ran v4 B1, whole day and running well - quicker I feel vs previous versions.
2. I accidentally ran a HODL batch file and in dual miner's console, I witness a "GPU 0 hang" and "restarting miner - ok" error msgs, but continued on as per normal, however after a few minutes I could see that the dual miner has slowed down.
3. Since HODL is CPU mining, it doesn't impact GPU ETH or DCR mining _ I am assuming, the starting of miner message and eventual slow down maybe dual-miner related bug.
4. The other conclusion is the HODL process is just taking all the CPU juice and impacts the DOS box.
5. just for feedback to Claymore, pls look into it if the points above makes sense for your troubleshooting.
donator
Miners developer

Windows 10 X64
2x R9 380X
Crimson 15.12 Drivers

Miner shows goot hashrate, so it must send shares, but pool shows zero rate? PM me log file and command line that you use.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508

Windows 10 X64
2x R9 380X
Crimson 15.12 Drivers
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Another issue at the pool.mn
We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Blockupdate disabled, blocks and transactions confirmations are delayed
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being

Claymore
, when the SOLO VERSION is ARRIVE ? Btw, it will be only ETH solo mode/DCR-pools or we can choose the both SOLO?

I spent a lot of time for removing DAG files. So it will be a couple of days later than I planned. But I'm working on it.
Not sure about DCR yet, probably first solo version will mine ETH solo and DCR on pools.

Thank you, will be waiting.

Man, give Claymore a break...  The poor guy has been working his ass off!!!  Give him a breather!!

I'm just asking.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Man, give Claymore a break...  The poor guy has been working his ass off!!!  Give him a breather!!
donator
Miners developer
We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being

Claymore
, when the SOLO VERSION is ARRIVE ? Btw, it will be only ETH solo mode/DCR-pools or we can choose the both SOLO?

I spent a lot of time for removing DAG files. So it will be a couple of days later than I planned. But I'm working on it.
Not sure about DCR yet, probably first solo version will mine ETH solo and DCR on pools.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

Claymore
donator
Miners developer
v4.0 Beta2 - bug fix related to "-allpools 1" and "-allcoins 1" options, download this update if you use v4.0 and use any of these options.
Skip this update if you don't use these options or you don't use v4.0.
Jump to: