Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 142. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hi? -strap option work with P104-100 cards?

Im just testing currently also.. ~39mhs but not sure is it because of straps since i think this card can get ~40mhs with only overclocking
Activity: 1
Hi? -strap option work with P104-100 cards?
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
I tried v14.3 in Windows 10 and (still) made my Windows 10 running in test mode. My cards are RX550 4GB and RX560 4GB with stock bios (I reflash them all), tried with -strap 2 and got a similar result with my previous custom bios. I'll give you an update for stability measurement after 24 hours or so.

From my tentative view, this version seems stable and do what it promised. The "-strap" feature really helps newbies who don't want to flash their bios.

i get this every time i start     " Failed, miner activated Windows Test Signing Mode, please reboot to apply it and start miner again" what does it mean?
AFAIK, you need to enter test mode.

Test mode is the only way to run an unsigned kernel mode driver without it being signed with a cert.  When you do "-driver install" you are installing said driver to allow run-time access to the GPU configuration registers via that driver.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
I tried v14.3 in Windows 10 and (still) made my Windows 10 running in test mode. My cards are RX550 4GB and RX560 4GB with stock bios (I reflash them all), tried with -strap 2 and got a similar result with my previous custom bios. I'll give you an update for stability measurement after 24 hours or so.

From my tentative view, this version seems stable and do what it promised. The "-strap" feature really helps newbies who don't want to flash their bios.

i get this every time i start     " Failed, miner activated Windows Test Signing Mode, please reboot to apply it and start miner again" what does it mean?
AFAIK, you need to enter test mode.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Strap 3 seems to work best for Polaris ?
Depends on memory manufacturer. For hynix MJR 2nd strap is better.
and for samsung memory ? what straps do you think is best ?
I don't know. I checked only hynix 8Gb memory.
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
Is there a linux version with straps?
No Linux support yet. Keep pressing F5 till it shows up on the OP thread.
Activity: 54
Is there a linux version with straps?
Activity: 5
and for samsung memory ? what straps do you think is best ?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
wtf is straps on nvidia cards? Can you really change gddr5 nvidia timings?
Have heard of the eth pill? I believe it did the same thing but with the GDDR5X mem on the 1080/1080TIs. So why would it not work with regular GDDR5?
Linux version 14 missing ?
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
wtf is straps on nvidia cards? Can you really change gddr5 nvidia timings?
Activity: 6
v14.3 Beta:

- fixed BSOD issue with Vega cards.
- improved handling memory timings for Nvidia.
- "strap" option for Nvidia cards: added "-strap 4"..."-strap 6" options, they have less intensity than straps #1..3 so you can try to use them if you cannot use even "-strap 1" option.

can we overclock when using "strap" or not ?

give us more details about this strap
Now I use rx 5xx and vega56 in same miner,but when I use the strap for anyone of them will freeze until I reboot

Without strap is fine for mine

Anyone have any idea why will make this happen or how to fix it?

Thanks for help
Hello, I wanted to comment on a problem I have.
I own 7 Asrock Rx 570 8gb (micron) GPUs. By setting the GPUs in -strap 4 and overclocking, two GPUs make windows crash.
To avoid this, I omit those two GPUs "-strap 4,4,0,0,4,4,4"
I have tried different settings, but always hits windows.

It is rare that being the 7 GPUs equal (same make and model) there are two that can not do the Strap Timming.
Any idea how to fix it?
Activity: 74
v14.3 Beta:

- fixed BSOD issue with Vega cards.
- improved handling memory timings for Nvidia.
- "strap" option for Nvidia cards: added "-strap 4"..."-strap 6" options, they have less intensity than straps #1..3 so you can try to use them if you cannot use even "-strap 1" option.
How to run on Windows 10? You can describe the settings.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
i am getting allways this error (Radeon RX 580 Series): ( no matter witch strap i use )
GPU #0, failed to init memory timings tuning for this hardware, error 1004
What can i do to fix it ? thanks.
AMD Cards available: 1
GPU #0: Ellesmere (Radeon RX 580 Series), 8192 MB available, 36 compute units (pci bus -126:0:0)

Try to install latest AMD drivers, something is wrong with drivers if you see "pci bus -126"...
Activity: 4
i am getting allways this error (Radeon RX 580 Series): ( no matter witch strap i use )

What can i do to fix it ? thanks.

AMD Cards available: 1
GPU #0: Ellesmere (Radeon RX 580 Series), 8192 MB available, 36 compute units (pci bus -126:0:0)
GPU #0 recognized as Radeon RX 480/580
POOL/SOLO version
GPU #0: algorithm ASM 1
No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
Total cards: 1
Wrong driver version, trying to uninstall it and install correct version...
A operação foi concluída com êxito.
Driver uninstalled successfully.
Driver is not installed! Trying to install it...
A operação foi concluída com êxito.
Driver installed successfully.
Jump to: