Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 146. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
v14.1 Beta:

- "strap" option: added support for Vega cards, up to 15% speedup compared to stock BIOS. Use "-strap 1" ... "-strap 5" values and overclock memory to find the best hashrate.
- improved compatibility with AMD 18.x drivers.
- now miner uses CUDA10 runtime library for Nvidia.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

is this just for vega56/64 cards?   i tried -strap 1 with vega VII and get a "memory timing not supported for this hardware" message.
Maybe your card is Radeon VII? In 14.1 added support for Vega's not for Radeon VII...
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
With the new version of Claymore, what WIN10 version (updates) are you using and what are the best drivers for RX 4xx & 5xx cards?

I am running windows 10 1803.
rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

I've tried straps 1-5, and POL4Hx@1900.
Windows crashes immediately.

Without strap, everything runs fine, but @22MH with compute on.
I use wattman not afterburner.

this is not a good result, you have to run this card around 30Mhs... depends on the RAM type, but this is the level you have to reach

Well, he said he's running original BIOS...

I see that  Smiley but he has tried something with the straps and is unstable, obviously
With this last Clay version the bios can remain untouched (flash) but there is a solution to play with the straps and drivers, so I'm returning on my first question, "the best drivers for RX 4xx & 5xx cards?"

I tested it by installing amd driver 19.4.3 and after that Claymore driver ("Ethdcrminer64 -driver install") as an admin on cmd prompt then added "-strap 1" to end of bat file. I did over- and underclocking in AB. (RX4?0) . Worked perfectly.

I've figured it out.

And claymore should have give clear instructions in the readme.

1. run cmd with admin rights
2. cd to the ethminer folder and run:  eth..64.exe -driver install
3. restart
4. overclock your AMD cards as usual.
5. now add -strap to your start.bat and everything will be ok.

---------
Nothing has changed for me. It's the same hashrate (29.3) as 12.0 on blockchange driver and a modded bios.

Failed, miner activated Windows Test Signing Mode, please reboot to apply it and start miner again.
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
With the new version of Claymore, what WIN10 version (updates) are you using and what are the best drivers for RX 4xx & 5xx cards?

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

this is not a good result, you have to run this card around 30Mhs... depends on the RAM type, but this is the level you have to reach

I see that  Smiley but he has tried something with the straps and is unstable, obviously
With this last Clay version the bios can remain untouched (flash) but there is a solution to play with the straps and drivers, so I'm returning on my first question, "the best drivers for RX 4xx & 5xx cards?"

I tested it by installing amd driver 19.4.3 and after that Claymore driver ("Ethdcrminer64 -driver install") as an admin on cmd prompt then added "-strap 1" to end of bat file. I did over- and underclocking in AB. (RX4?0) . Worked perfectly.

I've figured it out.

3. restart

---------
Nothing has changed for me. It's the same hashrate (29.3) as 12.0 on blockchange driver and a modded bios.

Yeah, it doesn't change anything if you already have good straps on your modded bios. It just makes it easier.
What cards are you running and getting 29.3? did you try different straps between 1-5? and clocks? higher than before?
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
v14.1 Beta:

- "strap" option: added support for Vega cards, up to 15% speedup compared to stock BIOS. Use "-strap 1" ... "-strap 5" values and overclock memory to find the best hashrate.
- improved compatibility with AMD 18.x drivers.
- now miner uses CUDA10 runtime library for Nvidia.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

is this just for vega56/64 cards?   i tried -strap 1 with vega VII and get a "memory timing not supported for this hardware" message.
Activity: 59

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

I've figured it out.

3. restart

---------
Activity: 66
Merit: 4

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

What you hash?
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
I  have a problem, my RX 470 Minning only 10k ETH with de 18x driver. I had a driver ni the past (downloaded from here) witch i minning 24k...

but its old driver, its a version of  Crimson beta. How can minning to 24k mhz now?
Activity: 162
Hi,

testing 14.1 on win 10 with 5 RX580 cards but getting an all cards 0 Mh/s

EthDcrMiner64.exe -mport 0 -epool stratum+ssl://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:5555 -ewal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.AMD -epsw x -tstop 80 -tt 65 -fanmin 70 -fanmax 95 -eres 2 -gser 2 -dcri 8 -etha 0 -ethi 15 -asm 2 -wd 1 -dbg -1 -platform 1 -estale 0 -y 1 -showdiff 1

any idea?
thx
Activity: 150
My miner immediately closes after opening when I run as administrator:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x4c99fA8A4F2D12b96011fe8dA61471dC344c24e0.amdrig -epsw x -di 0134

Driver 19.4.2
Runs when not running as admin, what is the problem as I can not complete the steps for running straps?

Thank you for any help!

Have the same problem on another rig.
You dont have to run it as admin Wink Run it normally .
Activity: 5

[/quote]

This worked for me. Running cmd prompt as admin. Thanks!
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

What is your WIN10 version? (updates)
What RAM mem type do you have? and what Mh/s are you getting out?
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

Activity: 5
My miner immediately closes after opening when I run as administrator:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x4c99fA8A4F2D12b96011fe8dA61471dC344c24e0.amdrig -epsw x -di 0134

Driver 19.4.2
Runs when not running as admin, what is the problem as I can not complete the steps for running straps?

Thank you for any help!

Have the same problem on another rig.

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

Activity: 2562
Merit: 321

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

Activity: 59

rx570 4G @ Driver 19.4.1
Original BIOS

Activity: 4
So has anyone seen any actual improvement using 14.1?  I have 12 Radeon VII's and 5 1070's I'd like to get better performance out of, but wanted to hear everyone else's experiences

Thanks.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I have one question guys.

Curent state of my mining is 6 rx580 8gb on main rig ( hiveos) and 2 rx580 4gb in PC ( windows ).
Since we can use claymore v14 only in windows I tryed with those 2 4gb cards, and the result just blow me away, 32,2mh on fucking 4gb cards (POL4E2@2150) 1200/2200 stock bios.
So the question is how to find those straps that miner is using in real time? If I can read them I can integrate them in bios with polaris bios editor. I was thinking to pull one by one those 8GB cards from rig to PC start v14, find best setting, read those straps, mod the cards and than put them back in rig. That would hopefully be same as runing v14 in linux.
Sorry for bad English, it is not my mother tongue.
So you have to go back to stock bios to use this ?
Jump to: