Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 167. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 102
So question for you guys. Is anyone still mining ETH with a 3GB card or has that ship already sailed since DAG #231? Of course this is using Claymore V12.
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Hey guys, im a lil bit dumb, Im trying to configure OC values in Claymore so I don't use Afterburner, I have gotten everything right so far except for the core volt, lil bit confused, for example in Afterburner I used to set my core volt at "-66" but how do it make it be "-66" in claymore? should it be "-cvddc 340"? thanks in advance for ur replies

if you mean -0.66V than in Claymore's bat file you have to set -cvddc 660

No, do not do this. In claymore you set the voltage value, not the offset. A common setting is -cvddc 850 or -cvddc 900.

What I am trying to say is, that in Afterburner the Core Volt standard is at +0, so after I moded my GPU's bios, I always used to place it at "-66" because it was stable for me and GPU's temps were also nice, currently since I'm not using Afterburner anymore I'm having high temps not sure if Claymore isn't recognizing the fan's values I set or the core volt that I didnt specified, so I'm using it at "-cvddc 900" atm but I feel like its not what I want, I'd to make it be the "-66 I set in afterburner" but in Claymore's values

Take whatever voltage is set in the gpu's modded bios, subtract 66, and use that number as your claymore parameter.

So if the bios sets the core voltage of your highest pstate to 900, you should do -cvddc 834.

Alright, thanks a lot bro!

One other thing. You may need to set -mvddc 834. This can help on some cards in my experience.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Quick question: Afterburner doesn't allow me to overclock my rx 470s 4GB above 2100Mhz.

If I set the Memory clock in Claymore, can i go above these limits (I'm thinking ~2150mhz)?

better not, your card will become unstable or broken, those clocks are too high for an 4GB card

Ok, thanks for the heads up !
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Quick question: Afterburner doesn't allow me to overclock my rx 470s 4GB above 2100Mhz.

If I set the Memory clock in Claymore, can i go above these limits (I'm thinking ~2150mhz)?

better not, your card will become unstable or broken, those clocks are too high for an 4GB card
Activity: 50

Activity: 14
Hey guys, im a lil bit dumb, Im trying to configure OC values in Claymore so I don't use Afterburner, I have gotten everything right so far except for the core volt, lil bit confused, for example in Afterburner I used to set my core volt at "-66" but how do it make it be "-66" in claymore? should it be "-cvddc 340"? thanks in advance for ur replies

No, do not do this. In claymore you set the voltage value, not the offset. A common setting is -cvddc 850 or -cvddc 900.

What I am trying to say is, that in Afterburner the Core Volt standard is at +0, so after I moded my GPU's bios, I always used to place it at "-66" because it was stable for me and GPU's temps were also nice, currently since I'm not using Afterburner anymore I'm having high temps not sure if Claymore isn't recognizing the fan's values I set or the core volt that I didnt specified, so I'm using it at "-cvddc 900" atm but I feel like its not what I want, I'd to make it be the "-66 I set in afterburner" but in Claymore's values

Take whatever voltage is set in the gpu's modded bios, subtract 66, and use that number as your claymore parameter.

So if the bios sets the core voltage of your highest pstate to 900, you should do -cvddc 834.

Alright, thanks a lot bro!

Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I just gave up messing with my rigs can't mine with 3g so I have 2 different miners running than some of my 4g rigs where fine others my temps and rates where all over the place so I said screw it and switched everything to XMR
Activity: 17
I paste in CMD:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

now is like new

This doesnt work for me. I use blockchain driver.
Activity: 19
My confid with Claymore 12.0 & Asus RX580 4GB

1 - AMD Driver 18.12.x (Newest)
2 - AMD ATI Pixel Clock Patcher atikmdag v1.4.6
3 - Claymore 12.0
4 - compute mod - on => AMD-Compute-Switcher for switch automatically to compute mode (at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803)
5 - Reset computer and working fine now.
Activity: 11
ok, i have no idea what's going on. I am on windows 1809 like my other rig. I updated to v12 and driver 18.8.2, but OpenCL is not installing/ is not checked on gpu-z therefore, claymore won't start mining. i have DDU'd, re-installed, patched, etc a thousand times and nothing is working. What am i doing wrong?!
Activity: 22
I paste in CMD:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

now is like new
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
1 - driver 18.6.1
2 - patcher 1.4.6
3 - Clay 12.0
4 - compute mod - on

but now mining with half speed
do not forget to restart your rig after step 4
(and check parameters at MSI AfterBurner, I mean overclock data)
Activity: 22
1 - driver 18.6.1
2 - patcher 1.4.6
3 - Clay 12.0
4 - compute mod - on

but now mining with half speed
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
so, my rig 6*470 (win 10) and solution:
1 - driver 18.6.1
2 - patcher 1.4.6
3 - Clay 12.0
4 - compute mod - on

WORKS!!!

Thanks guys!
God bless you!
Activity: 277
Merit: 23
If he has win 10 edition past 1709, system will reserve much more memory on GPU that environmental  will not work
Jump to: