Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 171. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
v12.0:

- zero devfee for all 2GB and 3GB cards in all operating systems.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1%, same as for ETH-only mode.
- a bit reduced required GPU memory (both AMD and NVIDIA) so you can mine ETH a bit longer on cards that don't have enough memory.
- added version for CUDA 10.0, it is a bit faster for latest 20xx NVIDIA cards.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

Linux version will be available a bit later.
oh funny No fee for VGA 2G 3G cannot mining ETH,ETC
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v12.0 for Linux is available for downloading too.
donator
Miners developer
I guess one indicator proving that GPU mining is almost dead is the lack of replies in this thread whenever Claymore released a new version of his software.

Been over 12 hours since V12 is released and I am counting only 7 replies.

If this was a year ago, I would of had to go thru 7 pages of replies instead of 7.

Either way, Claymore thanks for keeping up the developement and reduced fees.

honestly... i did a double take when i saw the 12.0 version... first thought was SCAM, but then i looked over and saw it was the correct claymore thread.  Cheesy

I am happy that there is an update.

I cannot moderate anything, so the only way is to be careful and press "Report to moderator" when you see an attempt of scamming/phishing.

PS. I will release Linux version within a few hours.
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
I guess one indicator proving that GPU mining is almost dead is the lack of replies in this thread whenever Claymore released a new version of his software.

If this was a year ago, I would of had to go thru 7 pages of replies instead of 7.

honestly... i did a double take when i saw the 12.0 version... first thought was SCAM, but then i looked over and saw it was the correct claymore thread.  Cheesy

I am happy that there is an update.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
v12.0:

- a bit reduced required GPU memory (both AMD and NVIDIA) so you can mine ETH a bit longer on cards that don't have enough memory.

is this the pre sia fork version or the forked sia version?  Huh
Activity: 2

Thanks.
It works for ETH with epoch #231
but
Does not work for ETC with epoch #238
So it will not mine too long. Maybe till #233 epoch
#236 epoch, tested...
Activity: 618
Merit: 21
GPUs Nvidia Gtx1060 3 GB are perfectly working again on Windows 8.1. Thank you very much for your Dual miner, Claymore!
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
v12.0:

Thanks.
It works for ETH with epoch #231
but
Does not work for ETC with epoch #238
So it will not mine too long. Maybe till #233 epoch
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hi,

I can't seem to find the Linux V12.0 version on Mega.
Google Drive folder is empty.

Please.

Read carefully; it'll be available "a bit later":

~snip~

Activity: 73
Hi,

I can't seem to find the Linux V12.0 version on Mega.
Google Drive folder is empty.

Please.
Activity: 294
Merit: 53
v12.0:

Wow! You're still working on updates? Awesome! :-)
donator
Miners developer
v12.0:

Activity: 277
Merit: 23
Note that "-eres 0" will work for two more epochs only, so you will see the same problem in a week or two.
I prepare new version, it uses a bit less GPU memory so it will add a couple of weeks too. Anyway, for cards with 4GB or less it's a good idea to check other solutions like installing more physical RAM (if it helps) or changing OS to Windows 7 or Linux.

DAG size for ETH is 2.8 GB why is this an issue?

Because Windows 10 reserves a lot of GPU memory. Also this issue can be if not enough physical RAM is installed, Windows requires some physical RAM when GPU RAM is used, virtual memory helps but some additional physical RAM is required anyway.

It takes 18% still plenty available, 4gb cards should be ok at least a year from now

As for the system usually all rigs have 4gb RAM on MB (don't see how windows can operate normally withe less then that)
donator
Miners developer
Note that "-eres 0" will work for two more epochs only, so you will see the same problem in a week or two.
I prepare new version, it uses a bit less GPU memory so it will add a couple of weeks too. Anyway, for cards with 4GB or less it's a good idea to check other solutions like installing more physical RAM (if it helps) or changing OS to Windows 7 or Linux.

Because Windows 10 reserves a lot of GPU memory. Also this issue can be if not enough physical RAM is installed, Windows requires some physical RAM when GPU RAM is used, virtual memory helps but some additional physical RAM is required anyway.
Activity: 277
Merit: 23

donator
Miners developer
just 1 hour earlier, i got DAG error when mining ETH with RX570 4GB (my rig have 6 cards). i already set virtual RAM to 40 GB but it still keep telling me that DAG ERROR

Cannot allocate big buffer for DAG.
Cannot write buffer for DAG.

Any idea please?

I've gotten this error before and it was basically due to not enough system memory (RAM) not Graphic memory (GDDR) or Virtual Memory.

If you got 2-4GB of memory, try adding another stick from another rig and see if it fixes it. I am assuming it will. If it doesn't work then just install Ubuntu and you shouldn't get this issue.

Solution is add to bat file command    -eres 0

I confirmed this works for me, thank you

Activity: 3
just 1 hour earlier, i got DAG error when mining ETH with RX570 4GB (my rig have 6 cards). i already set virtual RAM to 40 GB but it still keep telling me that DAG ERROR

Any idea please?

I've gotten this error before and it was basically due to not enough system memory (RAM) not Graphic memory (GDDR) or Virtual Memory.

If you got 2-4GB of memory, try adding another stick from another rig and see if it fixes it. I am assuming it will. If it doesn't work then just install Ubuntu and you shouldn't get this issue.

I confirmed this works for me, thank you
Activity: 4

Any idea please?

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Any idea please?

Jump to: