Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 197. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Tried moving some RX 580 8gb cards back to eth (on Ubuntu 16.04 Linux), but they absolutely suck now.
They used to do above 25 Mh/s a year or so ago, but now only 14 mhs/s.
What happened?

Is there some new driver on Linux that gives better rates or I have to move them to windoze?
I am on amdgpu-pro-17.40 (I thought that it had the blockchain component).

Never mind.
Re-installed the same driver, updated kernel and it seems OK now.
Activity: 143
Merit: 0
No signs of claymore has he stopped development? he not replied for long time, sad sad @claymore
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Tried moving some RX 580 8gb cards back to eth (on Ubuntu 16.04 Linux), but they absolutely suck now.
They used to do above 25 Mh/s a year or so ago, but now only 14 mhs/s.
What happened?

Is there some new driver on Linux that gives better rates or I have to move them to windoze?
I am on amdgpu-pro-17.40 (I thought that it had the blockchain component).
Activity: 7
Have you checked the quality/performance of your RX 570 with any stress test software (like FurMark) yet? If no, I'd suggest you to do that. If your GPU passes the test, it'll confirm that the problem is with software (like Windows/drivers), not your hardware (GPU).
I guess I will try that. Restarting computer worked with that blockchain driver I was suggested to try but no difference in mh/s at all.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
I will give it a try with that driver, thanks. Also I didn't do any bios mod because I was afraid of making performance worst instead of getting it better.

Edit:
Finally finished installing the drivers with a clear installation. Claymore now "stop working" as soon it detect all 4 GPUs, I guess it might not work because of the R9 series .... I think I will try just the RX 570 alone to see if the driver would make a difference to the mh/s or work.

Have you checked the quality/performance of your RX 570 with any stress test software (like FurMark) yet? If no, I'd suggest you to do that. If your GPU passes the test, it'll confirm that the problem is with software (like Windows/drivers), not your hardware (GPU).
I will give it a try with that driver, thanks. Also I didn't do any bios mod because I was afraid of making performance worst instead of getting it better.

Edit:
Finally finished installing the drivers with a clear installation. Claymore now "stop working" as soon it detect all 4 GPUs, I guess it might not work because of the R9 series .... I think I will try just the RX 570 alone to see if the driver would make a difference to the mh/s or work.
Activity: 55
What driver are you using? Did windows install a new driver for you?
I was using an older one that worked fine, I tried installing the most recent and it didn't change anything in performance at all. It's a Windows 7 64 bit, I have updated it to a good point but I have automatic update disabled. So in like 7 months it didn't update at all

Have you done any bios mods on either set of cards?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
I was using an older one that worked fine, I tried installing the most recent and it didn't change anything in performance at all. It's a Windows 7 64 bit, I have updated it to a good point but I have automatic update disabled. So in like 7 months it didn't update at all

Take a test with this driver:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
Could someone help me with a problem? I switched 2 RX 460 for 2 RX 570 and I gained per GPU ONLY 4 MH/s.

The two XFX RX 460 were 4GB only and the new two MSI RX 570 have 8gb and more bit-rate on the top of it. One RX 460 4gb was giving 10mh/s~ with a variation of 100h ( like 10.1mh/s and 9.9mh/s) and now one RX 570 8GB gives 14 MH/s with the same variation.
All GPUs in the rig: 2 R9 380x 8gb ( each gives 28mh/s, 40 computing units detected ) and 2 RX 570 8gb (each gives 14mh/s, 32 computing units detected). So the problem or so I believe is that the RX 570 is under performing for some reason and my commands doesn't have anything restraining performance, because RX 570 has far more computing units AND 4GB extra than one of the old gpu. Could the mix of old and new gpu affect the performance of RX series?

In short:
- switched 2 RX 460 4gb for 2 RX 570 8gb, gained only 8mh/s with that exchange meanwhile an old gpu like R9 380x gives way more mh/s.

Could someone help me with a problem? I switched 2 RX 460 for 2 RX 570 and I gained per GPU ONLY 4 MH/s.

The two XFX RX 460 were 4GB only and the new two MSI RX 570 have 8gb and more bit-rate on the top of it. One RX 460 4gb was giving 10mh/s~ with a variation of 100h ( like 10.1mh/s and 9.9mh/s) and now one RX 570 8GB gives 14 MH/s with the same variation.
All GPUs in the rig: 2 R9 380x 8gb ( each gives 28mh/s, 40 computing units detected ) and 2 RX 570 8gb (each gives 14mh/s, 32 computing units detected). So the problem or so I believe is that the RX 570 is under performing for some reason and my commands doesn't have anything restraining performance, because RX 570 has far more computing units AND 4GB extra than one of the old gpu. Could the mix of old and new gpu affect the performance of RX series?

In short:
- switched 2 RX 460 4gb for 2 RX 570 8gb, gained only 8mh/s with that exchange meanwhile an old gpu like R9 380x gives way more mh/s.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Miner v11.9 not work with old AMD 7950 GPU.
I get this message:
Code:
You did not specify -dcri values directly, so they will be detected automatically
Automatic detection of best -dcri values started, please wait...
And nothing happened...
After some time miner restarts...

Some info from the OP that may point you in the right direction:

"For all 2GB cards and 3GB cards in Windows10 (they cannot mine ETH/ETC anymore) devfee is 0%, so on these cards you can mine all ETH forks without devfee, this miner is completely free in this case."

"-oldkernels (AMD cards only) specify "-oldkernels 1" to use old-style GPU kernels from v10, they can be more stable for hard OC and custom BIOSes."
I tried to set "-oldkernels 1" but it not helped... Miner v11.9 not work with my AMD 7950 GPU.
v11.0 work perfect...
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I'm going crazy because I can not configure the r9 390x to have 30mh. give 27-29. what's wrong? Tell me please

I would help if you could give us some more information about your setup, like what OS you are using, what video drivers, vBIOS setting, Claymore config setting, etc.
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
Hello,

I have a problem with the claymore script.
It only starts if I have a monitor connected to the rig, this happens to someone else?

Thanks.

Your solution: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hdmi+dummy+plug&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=80058222484922&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_b565aa5dn_e

Also helps with remote control of the rig.
Activity: 2
Hello,

I have a problem with the claymore script.
It only starts if I have a monitor connected to the rig, this happens to someone else?

Thanks.
Activity: 14
I'm going crazy because I can not configure the r9 390x to have 30mh. give 27-29. what's wrong? Tell me please
Activity: 4
Any plans to add new XDNA algo to Claymore dual minig?
Great coin for dual
KGV
XDNA changed to HEX algo. What about Claymore update?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Just noticed that when using 11.9 (prev used v10s) that when the miner crashes (for example when tweaking GPU clock settings), it gets stuck on "restarting miner..." and the problem is that it gets stuck there even if i try to close the console or even try to end task. The only way then to close it would be to do a physical reboot of the computer.

Is there any way around this?
Did you try 11.7 or 11.8?
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Just noticed that when using 11.9 (prev used v10s) that when the miner crashes (for example when tweaking GPU clock settings), it gets stuck on "restarting miner..." and the problem is that it gets stuck there even if i try to close the console or even try to end task. The only way then to close it would be to do a physical reboot of the computer.

Is there any way around this?
Jump to: